Author Topic: the new west side connection album will be th biggest west album since dre 2001  (Read 1199 times)

SGV

SGV is in denial. BIG TIME !!  ;D
Blinded by hate.
I don't see any hate in these pots about 2001 or Dre for that matter. You're out of things to say, so you bring up the "hate card." Simple thing to do, but proves you're wrong. Once you leave the arguement and personalize it, you've ran out of shit to say. I've gave examples, reasons, debated them and I haven't brought up on "dickriding" comment, yet you insist on bringing up "hating" comments. It's coo man. Call it day, you've lost again.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 09:53:53 AM by SGV »

Jome

SGV is in denial. BIG TIME !!  ;D
Blinded by hate.
I don't see any hate in these pots about 2001 or Dre for that matter. You're out of things to say, so you bring up the "hate card." Simple thing to do, but proves you're wrong. Once you leave the arguement and personalize it, you've ran out of shit to say. I've gave examples, reasons, debated them and I haven't brought up on "dickriding" comment, yet you insist on bringing up "hating" comments. It's coo man. Call it day, you've lost again.

You gave examples of people influenced by Blueprint, by bringing up Dre-proteges and carbon copies.. great..  ;)

95-98% of hiphop albums is influenced by 2001, and you try to dismiss it in every single possible way.
Bringing up horrible examples doesn't help the case.
2001 even influenced a LOT of todays pop and r'n'b-music, don't even get me started.

SGV

You gave examples of people influenced by Blueprint, by bringing up Dre-proteges and carbon copies.. great..  ;)

95-98% of hiphop albums is influenced by 2001, and you try to dismiss it in every single possible way.
Bringing up horrible examples doesn't help the case.
2001 even influenced a LOT of todays pop and r'n'b-music, don't even get me started.

Your right Jome.

Put it this way.

Swizz Beats
Alchemist
Ayatollah
Eminem
Kanye West
Just Blaze

All are Dre clones/carbon copies/proteges. It's amazing.

All pretty big name producers using the same sound at one time or another.

Let's see who uses Dre's sound.

Young Trey, outside of Cali, who is he?
Eminem, granted.
Fred Wreck, outside of Cali, who is he?
Scott Storch, Dre's musician, so really, how is he Dre's clone?

Jome

Your right Jome.

Put it this way.

Swizz Beats
Alchemist
Ayatollah
Eminem
Kanye West
Just Blaze

All are Dre clones/carbon copies/proteges. It's amazing.

All pretty big name producers using the same sound at one time or another.

Young Trey, outside of Cali, who is he?
Eminem, granted.
Fred Wreck, outside of Cali, who is he?
Scott Storch, Dre's musician, so really, how is he Dre's clone?

Scratch Kanye and Just Blaze off your list, they PRODUCED The Blueprint.
Scratch Eminem off your list, 99% of his beats are Dre-clones.
Scratch Alchemist off your list, he used that sound LONG before Kanye & Just did.
Scratch Ayatollah off your list, he used that sound LONG before Kanye & Just did.
Swizz Beatz, yeah, so what.. he's using whatever is popular at the time.

SGV

Scratch Kanye and Just Blaze off your list, they PRODUCED The Blueprint.
Scratch Eminem off your list, 99% of his beats are Dre-clones.
Scratch Alchemist off your list, he used that sound LONG before Kanye & Just did.
Scratch Ayatollah off your list, he used that sound LONG before Kanye & Just did.
Swizz Beatz, yeah, so what.. he's using whatever is popular at the time.

They all use the same sound, the Blueprint sound. Kanye and Just Blaze made it popular, and now everyone uses it regularly.

smerlus

i'd hate to say it but jome is right on this one. the blueprint hasn't changed shit in rap because it has the same generic sound as every other cd around that time before and after that...

plus you're comparing the work of about 2-5 different producers to the production skills of one man. of course 2-5 people are going to influence a little bit more than just one person, but the people dre influences equals sales.... i bet if you ask anyone in the industry it they's want a free Dre beat or a free Just Blaze beat. they'd pic dre's sound over any other producer

also can't believe you had the audacity to say eminem isn't a dre protoge when it comes to production  ::)

SGV

i'd hate to say it but jome is right on this one. the blueprint hasn't changed shit in rap because it has the same generic sound as every other cd around that time before and after that...

plus you're comparing the work of about 2-5 different producers to the production skills of one man. of course 2-5 people are going to influence a little bit more than just one person, but the people dre influences equals sales.... i bet if you ask anyone in the industry it they's want a free Dre beat or a free Just Blaze beat. they'd pic dre's sound over any other producer
Dre, Mel Man and homie from DITC(Granted, only one track) were producers on 2001. ;) Mel Man was the co-producer, so it was more like the production skills of two men.

also can't believe you had the audacity to say eminem isn't a dre protoge when it comes to production  ::)
BTW, moron, I never said Em wasn't Dre's protege. Look below.
Take any Eminem-beat, and spot the 2001-bass, kicks and drums right away. Bingo.(Em was taught by Dre, what do you expect. But, I've never seen Em get props like he is for "Runnin." That's a Kanye stlye beat.)
Eminem, granted.

Don Seer

Eminem was producing before he even hooked up with Dre.. but yes there is an obvious influence (same ghostproducers? ahahaha)

smerlus

well SGV do you ever read what you write over again? you also listed eminem as a non dre protege....which is pretty far from the truth

plus didn't you go on to say as soon as you resort to name calling you lose the arguement? well consider yourself the loser then...

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
here's my opinion..

to me the blueprint nor 2001 changed shit in hiphop..
the only thing that is gettin played these days is
def jam music ! neptunes produced shit or timbaland shit...

def jam is the only influence...

oh yea back to topic...
i definitly want that shit to sell !!!

i just hope they got a 2nd dope ass single to hit the world
after gangsta nations...
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Niggaz fuck u, d12 changed hip hop period, fo real! haha, jus playin, nah 2001 def set a blueprint fo nuff producers in todays world,old and new producers , blueprint didnt, i can see what y'all sayin........but all these cats dres infleunced with that sound aint comin with the same heat as him........eminems imitation of it is jus sad, its so borin.........only mel-man can and scott storch can say they can producer beats on dres level with that sound...............

kayne west and just blaze gotta thing gwarnin fo them now to no doubt................but when ya talkin about infuence................2001 walks over blueprint infleunce wise..............niggaz be usin them beats today fo some of they biggest hits...............sean paul n cantrell being the latest.....

peace

lbc213

*just heard gangsta nation on the radio (belgium), cant believe it* Looks good.

SGV

well SGV do you ever read what you write over again? you also listed eminem as a non dre protege....which is pretty far from the truth

plus didn't you go on to say as soon as you resort to name calling you lose the arguement? well consider yourself the loser then...
LMAO. You made up an arguement that held no weight, I proved it wrong before I even called you a moron, after which I was justified.

smerlus

how'd you prove me wrong clown? a producer can't be two things? that's like saying damizza is a dj quik protege and a timbaland protege? eminem has never made some wack ass poppy beat sampling a broadway tune like those other producers you've named...

anyways you lost....i won....you're a clown and need to learn to reread what they write cause you try and hop on both sides of the line
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 03:42:28 PM by smerlus »

SGV

how'd you prove me wrong clown? a producer can't be two things? that's like saying damizza is a dj quik protege and a timbaland protege? eminem has never made some wack ass poppy beat sampling a broadway tune like those other producers you've named...

anyways you lost....i won....you're a clown and need to learn to reread what they write cause you try and hop on both sides of the line
ALL ARE BIG NAME PRODUCERS USING THE SAME SOUND AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER.

That's saying Eminem has used the same sound at one time, ex "Runnin'."

So, again....