Author Topic: the new west side connection album will be th biggest west album since dre 2001  (Read 1188 times)

smerlus

ok if you can get this question right, i'll say you're the better man....but first a quick english lesson

protege

n : a person who receives support and protection from an influential patron who furthers the protege's career.

dre has furthered eminem's career....

how has the other 10 producers that have nothing to do with eminem furthered his career?

you can't deny that eminem's beat aren't factors of dre's teaching....they're not poppy, they're not all dance clubbing happy music......so how is he more like the other producers like you said?

SGV

ok if you can get this question right, i'll say you're the better man....but first a quick english lesson

protege

n : a person who receives support and protection from an influential patron who furthers the protege's career.

dre has furthered eminem's career....

how has the other 10 producers that have nothing to do with eminem furthered his career?

you can't deny that eminem's beat aren't factors of dre's teaching....they're not poppy, they're not all dance clubbing happy music......so how is he more like the other producers like you said?

I already said Em was taught by Dre, go up and read that. I also said Em has used the Blueprint sound at one time or another, and that's on "Runnin'." I never said he was Kanyes protege, or Just Blaze's etc., I said he used their sound AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. His most popular beat is a Blueprint styled beat.

Tha_Reverend

LMAO you guys are fighting over OPINIONS!! hhahaha.  you fools.  to each man his own.  SGV likes the Blue Print  production better.  ALOT of peeps feel Dre's 2001.  

now, for my OPINION.  

around here (the steets or SD and outside SD) peeps everywhere are doing more freestyles to Dre's 2001 beats, doing more production to 2001 beats, and more sampleing from 2001 beats.  the album may not be a classic, but it is LEGENDARY.  it sold so fucking much.. it reached so many people.  it's not every day that someone pops up and says, HEY that sounds like a just blaze beat. or WOW you can tell that's Kanye West.  nope sorry.  ain't happenin around here. if you ain't a real hip hop head, you don't know shit about about Just Blaze or Kanye or any other producer.  DRE is a universal name.  every body can spot a dre beat. My dad, one of the whitest peeps ever that loves folk music knows the name DR DRE.  and can even pick up on the sound.  Dre ain't on the top for nuthin.  we can hate and hate on him as much as we want. but he's on top cuase he the best.  

peace

Doggystylin

this is definitley entertaining

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
first off havn't you noticed that many songs (hit songs at that) have used similar note timing schemes as the next episode?

blueprint is lyrically influencial if anything.....the blueprint really didn't bring ALL THAT much to hip hop production that wasn't already dabbled in .
If you put it that way, then credit Rockwilder for using the sample pretty much the same way, first. And, that would mean 2001 didn't bring ALL THAT much to hip hop production that wasn't already dabbled in.

huh? rockwilder's sound pre 2001 has no corilation with 2001's sound ......you OBVIOUSLY don't know crap about rap production to say something like that.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

SGV

huh? rockwilder's sound pre 2001 has no corilation with 2001's sound ......you OBVIOUSLY don't know crap about rap production to say something like that.
Obviously you don't know the song I'm talking about....

teecee

Much as i hate to agree with SGV, Blueprint has been a pretty influential album. Sure, it did not bring in the sped-up soul samples (ghostface rocked those long b4) but it popularized them and made them the thing to do.  

However, the influence of 2001 is much stronger.  peace

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I'm sorry, but after "2001" came out, every beat in Hip-Hop started to have the same sound Dre created for that album...Now I'm awaiting the new sound "Detox" will hopefully bring...And there's no doubt in my mind that if it is big, it will be imitated...PeACe

mauzip

I'm sorry, but after "2001" came out, every beat in Hip-Hop started to have the same sound Dre created for that album...Now I'm awaiting the new sound "Detox" will hopefully bring...And there's no doubt in my mind that if it is big, it will be imitated...PeACe

Yep. LMAO@blueprint being a bigger influence than 2001 ;D

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
And for the record, Fred Wreck isnt really a nobody outside of the West anymore...

I mean he produced songs for Obie Trice and Loon's debut cds, both pretty big non-west coast releases

Im going with 2001 with this argument, that album and its sound is all over hip hop.

Oh and, umm, yeah, WSCG, right on...lol

Jome

Hey Smerlus, thanks for babysitting SGV while I was gone..
I'm back now, but I'll give you the honor of arguing with the wall from now on..  ;D

smerlus

then maybe......just maybe can i be an admin of a website about american hip hop culture just like you?  :o

Jome

then maybe......just maybe can i be an admin of a website about american hip hop culture just like you?  :o

I am.. ??
That's news to me.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Just because he locks more threads than all the mods combined, doesn't mean he's admin...LoL

Mikey_Yayo

• Lil Geezy
  • --$$Feel the realness coming from the realest$$--

LMAO. Yea, I'm sure everyone seen how successful M.O.P. was with "Cold As Ice." Due, really. If you think that M.O.P. made it big, or really got their shine off that single, you're kidding yourself. "Ante Up," got them their fame, shine and recognition, not "Cold As Ice."

If Blueprint didn't break new ground, what new ground did 2001 break?

Oh and Jome. You can hear the sound Blueprint made popular in The Alchemist, Saigon, Cunninlynguists, Eminem, Diplomats, Mack 10/Da Hood and more.

Lol, more or less invalid points.

Alchemist produces for Saigon, and Alchemist used that sound a long time before Kanye West & Just Blaze did, but not with the same soundscan numbers.
I thought you would know this, with you being heavy into the underground and all ?

Eminem is the second worst example, he uses 200 times more Dre-influenced beats than Blueprint-influenced.
Take any Eminem-beat, and spot the 2001-bass, kicks and drums right away. Bingo.

The Diplomats (thank you for repeating my point  ;)) is the biggest example of Blueprint-influence, in other words: The Heatmakerz.
They're a parody on The Blueprint, and how big can you really say that The Diplomats are ??
Except from on SOHH, they have made no impact at all.

And the last and worst of your horrible examples: Mack 10/Da Hood.. ROFL
Da Hood was mainly produced by Young Trey, which again is a total ripoff off who.. ??
Yeah, that's right, Dr.Dre !!!!
Who's next on your list, Scott Storch and Fredwreck ?

any feelings that the diplomats have left this game any better than it was before they showed up on the seen are laffable. They are a joke. Lyrically <with the exception of killa cam when he isnt being a lazy ass> they are pathetic. Has anyone ever listened closely to the lyrics of Juelz Santana's most popular songs. No wonder jay-z is quitting.

The blueprint's tenicles run deep into east coast rap now and its a sad thing because no one is coming close to what the original did.
YBP Entertainment 2004
YBP Online - Coming Soon