Author Topic: Islam got Christianity out of the dark ages  (Read 156 times)

infinite59

Islam got Christianity out of the dark ages
« on: November 13, 2003, 02:18:49 PM »
Just to give you an idea, I know you all know about the Salem Witch Trials and all that madness, the Romans for so many centuries, thought it was uncivilised to even take baths.  But in your history, in that short paragraph that says, "Dark ages, 600-1400", what they don't tell you is that really, that was the age of Islam!  Islam spread across the whole world in that short time period and even controlled some of Europe.  Spain is the best example.  

Muslim Spain was so advanced, that even the Jews and Christians didn't consider themselves to be educated unless they could speak Arabic.  And the technology was used for the benefit of the people, they made some of the greatest advances in science (chemistry, etc.) and math (the concept of 0, algebra, etc.) during that period.  

Christian European countries snuck over to Spain to steal the technology.  This kickstarted the Christian world out of the dark ages.  They learned Chivalry from fighting against the Muslims.  Spain was like Oxford is today.  People from all over the world attended the Universities there.  Know your history, the Jews had their golden age when they were ruled by Muslims!  Ask a learned Jew and he will even tell you!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2003, 02:26:17 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

Woodrow

Re:Islam got Christianity out of the dark ages
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 02:23:08 PM »
Just to give you an idea, I know you all know about the Salem Witch Trials and all that madness, the Romans for so many centuries, thought it was uncivilised to even take baths.  But in your history, in that short paragraph that says, "Dark ages, 600-1400", what they don't tell you is that really, that was the age of Islam!  Islam spread across the whole world in that short time period and even controlled some of Europe.  Spain is the best example.  Muslim Spain was so advanced, that even the Jews and Christians didn't consider themselves to be educated unless they could speak Arabic.  And the technology was used for the benefit of the people, they made some of the greatest advances in science (chemistry, etc.) and math (the concept of 0, algebra, etc.) during that period.  Christian European countries snuck over to Spain to steal the technology.  This kickstarted the Christian world out of the dark ages.  They learned Chivalry from fighting against the Muslims.  Spain was like Oxford is today.  People from all over the world attended the Universities there.  Know your history, the Jews had their golden age when they were ruled by Muslims!  Ask a learned Jew and he will even tell you!

Waiting for the day when I can post this and you won't see it...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 03:24:06 PM »
Excellent post Infinite. Very informative. You bring up an interesting point, brother. Whereas mainstream Western education and studies of history will lead one to believe that while the Europeans were stagnant socially, academically and scientifically for centuries, the rest of the world rotted too.
This is incorrect. The Islamic world was responsible for many innovations, and education and science prospered in the caliphates of Baghdad, Cairo and Damascus.

On a side note, it is disgusting to see where we were, and what we are now, and where we are heading.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 06:30:55 PM »
Excellent post Infinite. Very informative. You bring up an interesting point, brother. Whereas mainstream Western education and studies of history will lead one to believe that while the Europeans were stagnant socially, academically and scientifically for centuries, the rest of the world rotted too.
This is incorrect. The Islamic world was responsible for many innovations, and education and science prospered in the caliphates of Baghdad, Cairo and Damascus.

On a side note, it is disgusting to see where we were, and what we are now, and where we are heading.

Well, I think one of the reasons Muslims are where they are now is that we have rules and regulations in our life that we can't transgress, I think after they saw the potential Islam had to spread so quickly, they started taking up any possible means to defeat the Muslims.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 09:01:42 PM »
Hmmm, last time I checked, Christians were'nt living in caves in Afganistan, eating insects and changing the filter on the Dialisis machine.  

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2003, 11:14:10 PM »
Hmmm, last time I checked, Christians were'nt living in caves in Afganistan, eating insects and changing the filter on the Dialisis machine.  

But Christain settlers in the New World were eating eachother. And Christian religious leaders are fucking little boys. Have fun in church Trauma.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 04:58:18 AM »

I bet Muhammed didn't either.Unless his God told him to do so,of course......people can go crazy over their religion.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Agent725

• 'G'
  • The Square Pusha
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2003, 01:11:44 PM »

very good point ;D

Doggystylin

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2003, 03:31:26 PM »
who the fuck is this guy^?

pappy

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2003, 05:09:57 PM »

But Christain settlers in the New World were eating eachother. And Christian religious leaders are fucking little boys. Have fun in church Trauma.
an the quran has stories of grown men fuckin lil girls.  why cant we all jus agree that both relgions have there fucked up people that rep it wrong.  that both have stories in there holy books that dont apply to society 2day.  that both have made advancements an set backs.

AWS SS 88

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2003, 05:55:31 PM »

trauma,you are my hero lmao

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2003, 10:37:13 PM »
an the quran has stories of grown men fuckin lil girls.  
I think you're referring to the Prophet Mohammed (May Peace Be Unto Him) marrying a 9 year old. It wasn't like people think in terms of how marriages are today. At the time & for the remainder of his life she was the closest to him. It wasn't like people got married just to fuck like nowadays.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris