Author Topic: Muslims were in America way before Columbus  (Read 272 times)

infinite59

Muslims were in America way before Columbus
« on: November 13, 2003, 02:25:05 PM »
Ever studied the Mali Empire?  West African Muslim leader Mansa Musa had his people taking voyages to America long before Columbus.  Infact, in Christopher Columbus's memoirs he describes seeing, "a mosque at the top of the hill" in his encounters with the new land.  

Spanish Muslims were involved too.  If you look at the names of the people who road with Columbus many have Muslim names.  They were forced to change them due to the tyranny of Queen Isabella's Spanish Inquisition so Abu Bakr would become Bubbacarr for example.  Today the name Booker is a product of that.  That's one example.

Infact, Columbus thought the people were from India.  They brought a Muslim Arabic translators to try to speak and understand the natives.  If you look at cities many have Arabic names.  There is even a Mecca, California.  Muslims were settled here before Columbus.  

« Last Edit: November 13, 2003, 02:25:47 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

Woodrow

Re:Muslims were in America way before Columbus
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 02:29:28 PM »
Ever studied the Mali Empire?  West African Muslim leader Mansa Musa had his people taking voyages to America long before Columbus.  Infact, in Christopher Columbus's memoirs he describes seeing, "a mosque at the top of the hill" in his encounters with the new land.  

Spanish Muslims were involved too.  If you look at the names of the people who road with Columbus many have Muslim names.  They were forced to change them due to the tyranny of Queen Isabella's Spanish Inquisition so Abu Bakr would become Bubbacarr for example.  Today the name Booker is a product of that.  That's one example.

Infact, Columbus thought the people were from India.  They brought a Muslim Arabic translators to try to speak and understand the natives.  If you look at cities many have Arabic names.  There is even a Mecca, California.  Muslims were settled here before Columbus.  

SYKE!!!!!!!!!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 03:29:46 PM »
On a side note, Spain settled in the new world, a mere 80 years after Islam was overthrown from the last Spanish towns. To think, a mere 80 years (which in the context of human civilization isnt a lot) was the difference between America being possible a Muslim colony/
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 04:42:58 PM »
Hum... interesting, might have to look more into that one.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 08:53:28 PM »

Cool.  The Mayans were here before that.  They worshipped the sun and sacrificed virgins.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2003, 11:09:41 PM »

Cool.  The Mayans were here before that.  They worshipped the sun and sacrificed virgins.

Your point?

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 05:02:52 AM »
Romans,Vikings and Chinese have also been there before Columbus.Also, some of the statues of the Olmecs (a mexican tribe) posess negroid faces.

The other way around,some Indians apparently reached France in the Roman Time.....they got to give a live performance in the Roman arena,the poor chaps. :-\
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2003, 05:28:13 AM »

Great, But the settlers did even better than that..
  Did u know about the SALEM WITCH HUNT.

Aw.. c'mon Trauma.. u don't have to be so sentimentally attached to all the Caucasians who lived/living in America. Try using ur head sumtimes

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2003, 06:16:17 AM »
What are yall talking about?  Infinite was just talking about the history of the Americas, I added a little bit of fact to it.  What's wrong with that?

AWS SS 88

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2003, 12:51:50 PM »
infinite...........who cares? other than you and tech of course.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2003, 09:16:05 PM »
What are yall talking about?  Infinite was just talking about the history of the Americas, I added a little bit of fact to it.  What's wrong with that?

Here is a nother fact: The first white settlers from England resorted to cannibalism. Civilized, huh?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2003, 10:51:21 PM »
arabians wipe their asses with their hand.....

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

smerlus

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2003, 11:01:12 PM »
who cares who visited the place first? the fucking indians lived there...why don't you go on some more bullshit and tell us who was the first to visit china, or the first to visit euro disney...

why are you on here pumping your pro muslim bullshit and calling the rest of us stupid and cannibals? yeah i'd like to become a muslim now, sign me up  ;D

and who cares who ate who or who wiped their ass with what? i don't eat people and i use toilet paper.

the japanese invaded china and made the chinese fuck thier own families at gun point and then killed them......does that make all japanese people bad

YES!

but other than them personaly i've never know a slave, or a suicide bomber, a jew thats run over towel heads in a tank, a canibalistic ass cracker, or some shitty handed person....

so fuck all these needless history lesson, we're not on jeopardy. your don't get to wager what little money you probably have, so continue to fill your head with useless knowledge.

hear want some more dumb ass facts?

Did you know the first bicycle that was made in 1817 by Baron von Drais didn't have any pedals? People walked it along

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2003, 11:12:08 AM »

gets the job done better than toilet paper
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2003, 01:58:20 PM »

gets the job done better than toilet paper

I guess if we ever meet, I'll just give you the pound then  ;)