Author Topic: M Dogg teaches history  (Read 126 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
M Dogg teaches history
« on: November 13, 2003, 04:58:02 PM »
Ok... in history, depending on how you teach it, United States history is one of two stories, 1) The U.S. is made of foreign settlers that came from no where, robbed the Natives and brought in African slave to do their work, well white people continued to opress darker color people. Or 2) the U.S. is made up of people that had to leave an opressive motherland, in search of religious freedom from a crazy Catholic women, Bloody Mary, and then after facing much hardships, the new comers to this land expanded the nation they founded to become the leading world power. Which is the actual truth, well both are. In order to expand to it greatness, the United States did step on many feet, but at the same time, it was an underdog nations going against world powers that were much worst. Now when I say M Dogg teaches history, I am for reals. I'm going to be heading to a classroom in the near future to teach. And I have figured that the only way to teach history right is not to follow one of the two paterns that have been going on lately. To leave either story out is to do U.S. history injustice. Granted, United States citizens have always hated hearing their faults, and many minority groups are quick to point them out. But at the same time, I feel that the good and bad need to be seen. Who knows how this will turn out, but beware if you future child has Mr. Olague as a history teacher, anywhere, 'cause I do want to travel and teach. Mr. Olague, teaching Trauma's children... lol

Trauma-san

Re:M Dogg teaches history
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 09:05:54 PM »
^^ Actually, Trauma will be teaching Trauma's children.  Mr. Olague will be giving the tests.  

P.S. I don't see anything wrong with what you're saying.  You mistakenly think a conservative is afraid of the truth.  That's what I want, the truth.  There's nothing wrong with talking about America killing all the Indians, it's true.  What's not true is onnnnnly talking about that.  I've never acted like or said that I want people to hide things that happened in America.  I just want people to openmindedly look at the whole picture, and leave emotion out of it.  I know you're probably pissed my ancestors killed your ancestors.  I would be.  You'll never get anywhere worrying about that, though.  You probably realize that, though, I'm just expounding.