Author Topic: Somebody explain this to me, I must be stupid.  (Read 375 times)

Trauma-san

Somebody explain this to me, I must be stupid.
« on: November 13, 2003, 08:59:49 PM »
O.K., somebody explain this to me, I can't get my mind around it.

The presidential election is coming up.  I have to vote.  O.K., here's my choices.

1. A guy who is bombing the fuck out of all of our enemies in the world, killing them before they get a chance to come over here.  Also, he cut taxes, and sent me a check for $500.00.  He plans on cutting taxes further, and is expected to create 2.7 million jobs in the next year, and his tax cuts have sparked the fastest growth in the economy in 20 years.

Or.

2. There's several other candidates, all running on the ideas that a., they will immediately stop attacking all of our enemies, and b. they will repeal the tax cuts, raise taxes, and I guess recall the economy?

I'm confused as to why I would vote for #2, what again do they have to offer America?

Jome

Re:Somebody explain this to me, I must be stupid.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 09:37:17 PM »

The presidential election is coming up.  I have to vote.  O.K., here's my choices.

1. A guy who is bombing the fuck out of all of our enemies in the world, killing them before they get a chance to come over here.

You consider this a good thing.. ??
Bomb them before they come to America ?

Also, I thought Bush used $XXX million more than planned on the war, but people in U.S. gets a different story maybe ?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 09:49:34 PM »

1. A guy who is bombing the fuck out of all of our enemies in the world, killing them before they get a chance to come over here.

Also, I thought Bush used $XXX million more than planned on the war, but people in U.S. gets a different story maybe ?

No, we get the same story, but the liberal media is suspect sometimes, and should not be listened to.

But war economies do help the country, that's been proven over and over again. Even in the 60's, during Vietnam, we had one of the healthiest economies ever, even with a unpopular war. The only economy that didn't expand during war was George H. W. Bush's because more was lost after the Cold War than was gained with Gulf War I, and that war was a Allied mission, so we didn't spend as much as we did with Gulf War II and the Afganistan War. But the economy growing fast is not good, because it could come down. The largest economy since the 60's was the late 90's. Since then we had seen a huge slide, one that people knew was coming after the economy growing so much, but was not suppose to dip so low. Bush Jr.'s tax cuts did hurt the economy because no one was spendng their money, but instead programs got cut and the debt grew larger after it was planned to be gone in 17 years under the Clinton plan, now we are back to being in debt again.

Though non of the Democrats outside of Edwards really does anything for me. Dean at onetime was my man, but his trying to hard to be the candidate that appeals to everyone, and in turn has said some stupit things that a doctor should not. I would trust him as the Atterney General and deal with health issues, maybe even a plan to get Universal Health Care, but right now, his issues outside of Health Care is not consident, except his opposition of the war.

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 10:03:56 PM »
i could give a fuck less how much they raise taxes...we can either not have enough money to live off of...or we can have more and more people die ever day...i choose to live thankyou very much (and before some dumb motherfucker says that im not old enough to pay taxes yes i am and i do thankyou very much)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 11:35:31 PM »
i really don't know who to vote for, at first i was like , hey i might vote for bush,  but after we took iraq, i was all hmmmmmm where's the WMD i trusted you man, then i was all dean, dude is fucking cool, then i see him on the news every night looking more dumb than bush comes off to european. so i'm left with  crazy black guy with bigger boobs than my mom (sharpton), lurch (kerry) , or tevia lite (liberman)

crazy ass election  , crazy ass election, that's all i have to say

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 05:36:23 AM »
Also, he cut taxes, and sent me a check for $500.00.  He plans on cutting taxes further, and is expected to create 2.7 million jobs in the next year, and his tax cuts have sparked the fastest growth in the economy in 20 years.

He had to cut taxes to feed the poor US soldiers in IRAQ and for the almost impossible Iraqi Resurrection

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 06:22:52 AM »

No, we get the same story, but the liberal media is suspect sometimes, and should not be listened to.

But war economies do help the country, that's been proven over and over again. Even in the 60's, during Vietnam, we had one of the healthiest economies ever, even with a unpopular war. The only economy that didn't expand during war was George H. W. Bush's because more was lost after the Cold War than was gained with Gulf War I, and that war was a Allied mission, so we didn't spend as much as we did with Gulf War II and the Afganistan War. But the economy growing fast is not good, because it could come down. The largest economy since the 60's was the late 90's. Since then we had seen a huge slide, one that people knew was coming after the economy growing so much, but was not suppose to dip so low. Bush Jr.'s tax cuts did hurt the economy because no one was spendng their money, but instead programs got cut and the debt grew larger after it was planned to be gone in 17 years under the Clinton plan, now we are back to being in debt again.

Though non of the Democrats outside of Edwards really does anything for me. Dean at onetime was my man, but his trying to hard to be the candidate that appeals to everyone, and in turn has said some stupit things that a doctor should not. I would trust him as the Atterney General and deal with health issues, maybe even a plan to get Universal Health Care, but right now, his issues outside of Health Care is not consident, except his opposition of the war.

It's sad that even dems are noticing this.  Dean's gonna blow the fuck up one day and cuss out the american people or something, you can just see he's pissed everytime he talks, LOL.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2003, 06:24:02 AM »
i could give a fuck less how much they raise taxes...we can either not have enough money to live off of...or we can have more and more people die ever day...i choose to live thankyou very much (and before some dumb motherfucker says that im not old enough to pay taxes yes i am and i do thankyou very much)

So, we should just ignore the evil living in the world? The last time we did that, some of them bombed us with our own shit, and killed 3000 people.  That's 10 times what have been killed in the war!  I'm glad we're going after any and everybody we think is an asshole in the world, keep this shit from happening again.  Hiding your head in the sand doesn't mean the bad guys are going to leave us alone, that's a bitch move.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2003, 06:25:41 AM »
Also, he cut taxes, and sent me a check for $500.00.  He plans on cutting taxes further, and is expected to create 2.7 million jobs in the next year, and his tax cuts have sparked the fastest growth in the economy in 20 years.

He had to cut taxes to feed the poor US soldiers in IRAQ and for the almost impossible Iraqi Resurrection

You're right! Exacccctly.  Him cutting taxes allowed everyone, troops included, to have more money.  It also raised more money for the military, and yes, the Iraqi reconstruction (I realize english must not be your first language) is near impossible.  Luckily, we're the most talented, powerful, rich nation in the world.  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2003, 09:12:21 AM »

You're right! Exacccctly.  Him cutting taxes allowed everyone, troops included, to have more money.  It also raised more money for the military, and yes, the Iraqi reconstruction (I realize english must not be your first language) is near impossible.  Luckily, we're the most talented, powerful, rich nation in the world.  

LOL... oh brother...

Well let me tell you something Mean T... You know the Bushster has spend more money on this war, and the other one, that he is over spending the money he gots. Clinton brother, raised taxes to pay off the debt. After all dude, Clinton ran on fixing the economy and fixing the debt, which we put a plan in action to do. But brother, Bush said fuck the plan and cut taxes, when we are not in a possition to cut taxes brother. When you use a credit card dude, or you borrow money, you have to give it back brother. So whatcha ya gonna do brother, when Bushamania and his tax cuts... eventually run wild on you.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2003, 09:26:47 AM »

It's sad that even dems are noticing this.  Dean's gonna blow the fuck up one day and cuss out the american people or something, you can just see he's pissed everytime he talks, LOL.  

The sad thing is that as Dems, we are trying to find the right person for the job. As Republicans, you find the one that has the most famous name and rally behind him and give him advisors that basically run the country, or the state of California. But a Democrat doesn't want a president that we feel is more of his advisors that him, we want a president that is going to lead us, and show true leadership skillz. Our presidents since World War II have been Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, John F. Kennedy, LBJ, Jommy Carter, and Bill Clinton. All of them are not Ronald Reagan, or George Bush Jr. or Eisenhower, or Gerald Ford, all presidents that basically let their advisors run the country. The fact that Collin Powell is not going to be in the Bush Administration next term scares me, because I know he is a man that would be a great president, no matter the party, and that his leadership skills have helped Bush out a lot. His leaving, so no I worry about Bush. I do give credit to Bush Sr. he was a true president, just was the president after the Cold War, when all the military close down, and he didn't have the background to fix that, but in any era, especially the Cold War era, Bush Sr. would be a perfect president, and we all know what happened to Nixon, the man was as smart as Clinton in terms higher education, (Clinton being the only Oxford Graduate, and Rogue Scholor, Nixon though was almost just as much educated) but his worries caused him to make stupit choices, like Watergate.

Suga Foot

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2003, 08:16:00 PM »
Also, he cut taxes, and sent me a check for $500.00.  

I'm in Canada, so I don't know anything about this, but did you just get $500.00?  Or were you allowed to keep the $500.00 that you worked for anyway?

pappy

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2003, 11:14:10 PM »
u got back 500 bucks... BIG FUCKIN DEAL.... while the economy is still in the shitter despite what bush says.  now people get there 500 dollar check an say ooo what a great guy.  now lets get out of fantasy world.  in this day an age wtf does 500 bucks pay for.   your fuckin grocery bill for a couple of weeks.  it sounds like a lot but it really aint.  now u take that 500 bucks from each person back it helps the economy out.  why did bush give you that tax refund.  b/c u bring home but his buddies in big business save millions

Don Breezio

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2003, 01:03:48 AM »

So, we should just ignore the evil living in the world? The last time we did that, some of them bombed us with our own shit, and killed 3000 people.  That's 10 times what have been killed in the war!  I'm glad we're going after any and everybody we think is an asshole in the world, keep this shit from happening again.  Hiding your head in the sand doesn't mean the bad guys are going to leave us alone, that's a bitch move.  

yeah because everytime we jump in and fight the "evil in the world" it totally stops us from getting attacked....oh wait...if that were true WE WOULDNT BE IN IRAQ RIGHT NOW!  ::) there is absolutely no way to ever stop this bullshit...so why kill a bunch of innocent people just so this shit can all happen again.

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2003, 04:30:47 AM »
Also, he cut taxes, and sent me a check for $500.00.  

I'm in Canada, so I don't know anything about this, but did you just get $500.00?  Or were you allowed to keep the $500.00 that you worked for anyway?

He cut taxes, so you didn't have to pay as many in.  Then, he also sent us a check for $500.00, since we had paid too many taxes the year before, also.  LOL.  Democrats see this as a bad thing, imagine that.

M Dogg, I won't take the time to quote what you said, because it would just perpetuate your bullshit.  I'll break it down simple.

A. The problem isn't that American's aren't paying enough taxes.  The problem is the government is spending too much money.  That's economics 101.  You want more social programs, free medicine, blah blah blah.  That's spending money.  Bush spent 87 million dollars in Iraq.  Clinton spent almost 60 million in Kosovo alone.  What's the difference?  87 Million dollars is less than 1 percent of the national tax base for the year.  Please, get off of it, it's not working.  

Again, take personal responsibility.  It's not my fault you need drugs.  Buy your own medicine.  Keep your hands out of my pocket.  

I can't wait until the economy keeps rising so you can see what a dumbass you are.