Author Topic: Modern-day Jews DO descend from biblical time Israelites.  (Read 444 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Modern-day Jews DO descend from biblical time Israelites.
« on: November 16, 2003, 06:21:47 PM »
It's true.

UnstoppableForce

Re:Modern-day Jews DO descend from biblical time Israelites.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 07:56:12 PM »
Some do, some don't. Some are descendants of eastern Europeans, particularly the Khazzar tribe which converted to Judaism in the 8th century.

P.S. It's not modern-day Jews, but modern-day Israelis.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 10:47:17 PM »
Some do, some don't. Some are descendants of eastern Europeans, particularly the Khazzar tribe which converted to Judaism in the 8th century.

P.S. It's not modern-day Jews, but modern-day Israelis.

excellent point in regards to the Khazzars, although based on the readings that i have done, the Khazzars account for alot of modern Jews
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 09:34:40 AM »
The modern day Jews, who are Jews by blood, are the Decendends of the Biblical Sons of Jacob(Israel), though for the known part of only one of the tribes, the Jewda(Jacob's son) tribe (therefore we're called Jews). All the other tribes were supposeblly lost. Some people decide to convert to Judaism for all kinds of reasons, It's a very long and tiring process, and even when you're done, and converted, and u can produce Jews to the world(in Case you're a woman), u yourself still are not considered a Jew but a Gior(from the word Giur- Convertion to Judasim), what Im basicly saying is that there is a big diffrence between Jews' by blood and converted Jews(who in fact aren't Jews).
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 03:31:02 PM »
The modern day Jews, who are Jews by blood, are the Decendends of the Biblical Sons of Jacob(Israel), though for the known part of only one of the tribes, the Jewda(Jacob's son) tribe (therefore we're called Jews). All the other tribes were supposeblly lost. Some people decide to convert to Judaism for all kinds of reasons, It's a very long and tiring process, and even when you're done, and converted, and u can produce Jews to the world(in Case you're a woman), u yourself still are not considered a Jew but a Gior(from the word Giur- Convertion to Judasim), what Im basicly saying is that there is a big diffrence between Jews' by blood and converted Jews(who in fact aren't Jews).

Yup...

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 09:43:26 PM »
I've went through this before, but here goes again.

In the bible, Abraham was a great man, that's about all you need to know about him, it sums it up perfectly.  He couldn't have children until very late in life, when he finally had 1 son, after praying for years that he could have children to pass along his lineage.  

As the boy grew older, Abraham was commanded by an angel to kill his 1 son as a sacrifice to god.  Abraham was such a devout man, he was at the brink of killing his son (had him sprawn out on the rock that rests under the Temple Mount in Jerusalem), when an angel appeared and told Abraham he didn't have to kill his son, Abraham instead sacrificed a symbolic lamb tangled in the thorns nearby.

Anyways, as a reward for Abraham's obedience (he was willing to sacrifice the only thing he had ever wanted more than anything in the world simply because God had told him to), Abraham was given the Abrahamic Covenant with God.  God told him that everyone who entered heaven would be one of his seed.  

In short: Jews will simply claim (if they're versed in the old testament) that anyone saved by God today is a descendant of Abraham.  They believe this because the bible says it right there in black and white, so to them, there's no way a muslim can be a descendant of Abraham.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 10:25:03 PM »
I've went through this before, but here goes again.

In the bible, Abraham was a great man, that's about all you need to know about him, it sums it up perfectly.  He couldn't have children until very late in life, when he finally had 1 son, after praying for years that he could have children to pass along his lineage.  

As the boy grew older, Abraham was commanded by an angel to kill his 1 son as a sacrifice to god.  Abraham was such a devout man, he was at the brink of killing his son (had him sprawn out on the rock that rests under the Temple Mount in Jerusalem), when an angel appeared and told Abraham he didn't have to kill his son, Abraham instead sacrificed a symbolic lamb tangled in the thorns nearby.

Anyways, as a reward for Abraham's obedience (he was willing to sacrifice the only thing he had ever wanted more than anything in the world simply because God had told him to), Abraham was given the Abrahamic Covenant with God.  God told him that everyone who entered heaven would be one of his seed.  

In short: Jews will simply claim (if they're versed in the old testament) that anyone saved by God today is a descendant of Abraham.  They believe this because the bible says it right there in black and white, so to them, there's no way a muslim can be a descendant of Abraham.

Yes, you're right, there's no way a muslim is going to heaven because some terrorists do the shit they do. But of course Hitler will be in heaven right next to Stalin and Bush. ::)
By the way, I hope you know that muslims descend from the line of Ishmael, Abraham's other son.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2003, 11:56:40 AM »
also true, Muslims do decend from Ishmael(Abraham's son with his egyption slave Hagar), in the old testament his seeds are called Ishmaelites, god promissed to Hagar after she was deported that a great nation will come out of  her son...
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2003, 12:48:08 PM »
By the way, I hope you know that muslims descend from the line of Ishmael, Abraham's other son.

even white muslims like infinite?  :D

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2003, 01:21:21 PM »

even white muslims like infinite?  :D
Nope. Neither are Black Muslims.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2003, 01:22:52 PM »
so sandnigga was wrong  8)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2003, 01:24:07 PM »

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2003, 01:36:14 PM »
because he said muslims descend from someone, and they dont..

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2003, 01:39:34 PM »
because he said muslims descend from someone, and they dont..
I think he meant Muslims in the Middle East. I could be wrong however. I can't speak for him.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2003, 01:40:50 PM »
yes, and my other point is.. muslims arent a race... you can "opt in" to being a muslim