Author Topic: 14 Milwaukee Kids Kill 36 Year Old Man........  (Read 657 times)

S.G.V.

14 Milwaukee Kids Kill 36 Year Old Man........
« on: October 03, 2002, 01:25:08 PM »
By JULIET WILLIAMS
.c The Associated Press

MILWAUKEE (Oct. 3) - The intensity of violence by the mob of boys who beat a man with broomsticks, shovels and poles shocked even one of the attackers, according to the youth's confession to police.

''If I had known he was beat that bad, to tell the truth I would not have touched him at all,'' the 14-year-old boy wrote. ''I do not want him to die because my tooth is not more important than his life is. I'm sorry.''

The attack Sunday night left 36-year-old Charlie Young Jr. unconscious and bleeding from head to toe on a friend's porch. He died Tuesday after he was taken off life support.

Police said they found the porch littered with bloody sticks, boards, rakes, chairs and beer cans.

Authorities say the violence began after a 10-year-old hit Young with an egg. Young struck the 14-year-old in the mouth and knocked out a tooth, prompting a growing group of boys to go after him in retaliation.

In their statements, obtained by The Associated Press, the boys of ages 10 to 18 give graphic details of beating Young, whom they knew by the street names ''June'' and ''380.''

A 16-year-old described how he jumped back each time he struck Young with a shovel handle so the blood wouldn't get on his clothes. Eventually, he said, the shovel handle split in two as he used it to bash Young over the head.

Another boy said he held the already bloody Young in a wrestling move called a ''cripple cross face hold,'' so the others could beat the man in the face.

''This group of kids just kept getting bigger as word spread throughout the neighborhood,'' Assistant District Attorney Joy Hammond said. ''It's chilling.''

The Milwaukee Police Department had 14 youths in custody Thursday, Lt. Kenneth Grams said. Milwaukee County District Attorney E. Michael McCann said prosecutors had not yet decided what charges to file but were considering homicide.

Under Wisconsin law, anyone under 16 is considered a child, and some of the boys must be released or charged by Thursday afternoon.

The 10-year-old arrested in the case could become the youngest person in the United States ever to be charged as an adult with homicide, juvenile justice observers told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

McCann said he was horrified by the spontaneity of the crime, which he described as one of the worst he's seen in 34 years on the job.

''It's tragic and it's violent. This is a tragedy unfolding for the whole community, the victims and the children,'' he said.

Juvenile Court Commissioner Dennis Cimpl ordered three more children held Wednesday, saying they were a threat to the community and obviously had no parental supervision if they were allowed to roam the streets around 11 p.m. None of their parents appeared in court.

Cimpl had ordered five detained Tuesday.

A 16-year-old was released Wednesday because there was not enough evidence to hold him, McCann said.

The boys say in their confessions that they lost track of Young for a while after chasing him through the neighborhood but laid in wait because they suspected where he might be headed - to a friend's home he thought was a safe haven.

The beating continued there. A witness said she heard screams of ''Help me!'' and then watched from a window as the mob hit Young.

Several of the boys have prior records for drug or burglary charges, and some acknowledged gang affiliations such, although police do not believe the attack was gang-related.

ok....the guy shouldnt have popped a 14 year old boy...thats a given....but damn 14 people beating one man with sticks and poles?....thats some sick shit....this world is so fucked up right now...kids are too grown at such a young age...people are gonna blame this on music i know it....but they need to check home first...all problems come from home...there is something wrong with all these kids to be able to senselessly beat a man to death...what is yalls thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

MidnightPills

Re: 14 Milwaukee Kids Kill 36 Year Old Man........
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2002, 01:54:26 PM »
What made the boy want to hit that man with an egg? we as humans have the given right to diffend our selves. Is there more to the story that is being displayed that the question that i am asking myself. Did this boy feel threaten by the 36 year old man or was he criminally insane? Were these other boys also deffending someone in there neighborhood?? these are the questions i am asking because they're not exactly answered in the article...

there forth i dont really know what to think....

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2002, 04:07:09 PM »
Wow, that is seriously fucked up. RIP to that dude.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2002, 05:08:13 PM »
man that is fucked up

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 06:13:00 PM »
wow.....

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2002, 06:20:55 PM »
Damn!...R.I.P...

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...