Author Topic: THE "EMINEM" TRACK  (Read 3987 times)

Hittman2001

Re:THE "EMINEM" TRACK
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2003, 06:16:08 PM »
from www.mtv.com

On the first of two tracks purportedly recorded in 1993, an audibly young Slim Shady raps, "All the girls I like to bone have big butts/ No they don't, 'cause I don't like that n----- sh--/ I'm just here to make a bigger hit."

The second track featured Eminem rapping about a black girlfriend he broke up with. "Blacks and whites, they sometimes mix/ But black girls only want your money, 'cause they're dumb chicks," he rhymes. Later in the freestyle Em raps, "Never date a black girl, because blacks only want your money/ And that sh-- ain't funny."

The first track was only a few lines long, but the second track went on for several minutes with Em — seemingly rhyming off the top of his head — repeatedly saying he did not like black girls and that they were only out to get money. Both tracks sounded amateurish.

Eminem responded by insisting he isn't racist and explaining that the recording was made when he was young, foolish and angry.

vitodeluca

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2003, 06:26:44 PM »
Source: MTV.com

"Don't make this right now a double standard," Benzino said at the press conference. "We gotta treat this the same way you treat Mike Tyson, like you treat Kobe Bryant, like you treat R. Kelly, like you treat O.J. Simpson."

LOL, comparin' eminem to a convicted rapist, alleged rapist, alleged childmolester, and alleged murderer.  I'm not sayin' it's allright, but c'mon Ray....

.:-ELITE-:.   M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. S.H.O.P..  .:-ELITE-:.Wins: Lost titan, bloody apronz, cee hoody, the answer, indecisive, primo, abstruse, ill natural, Adam X, Bez, Illicit aka Cee Ride, CSN, Jemuel, timelock, prophecy, assasin, Mack
Losses: Mack(x2), Red Alert,
Crew:Elite  
Battle Record: 17-3-0
April Awards:
Rookie of the month
Most Improved

MC of the Month
Battle MC of the Mont

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2003, 06:34:19 PM »
So, from reading that MTV article, it really IS Eminem?

The Watcher

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2003, 06:44:31 PM »
its not too bad, although he said the N word which is what is gonna get him in the shit -- without that it would've been OK

whats the links for the MTV articles?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 06:55:42 PM by The Watcher »
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Jome

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2003, 07:05:59 PM »
LOL @ making a big deal out of this track..  ::)
Take any Ras Kass or Dead Prez track where they talk about white people, and it's 20 times worse..
Even Noreaga have had worse lyrics that that.

The only people that should be offended by this track, is Black Panther people and such, but that shouldn't be too hard.

I thought this would be some "KKK, kill all niggers and burn them" shit from the way Benzino & The Source announced the tape.  :-X

eNgIeS

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2003, 07:31:30 PM »
LOL @ making a big deal out of this track..  ::)
Take any Ras Kass or Dead Prez track where they talk about white people, and it's 20 times worse..
Even Noreaga have had worse lyrics that that.

The only people that should be offended by this track, is Black Panther people and such, but that shouldn't be too hard.

I thought this would be some "KKK, kill all niggers and burn them" shit from the way Benzino & The Source announced the tape.  :-X

Exactly, fuckin hypocrites they are. He said the word once, & he talked about black girls. How about when Ice Cube did a song about white women called "Cave Bitch"

Benzino man when he was over here with Ja Rule i shoulda found him & done somethin to him

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Source Digs Up Tape Of Eminem Using Racial Slurs
11.18.2003 9:07 PM EST  

Benzino at The Source press conference
Photo: MTV News  
"I hope people will take it for the foolishness that it was, not for what somebody is trying to make it into today." — Eminem

NEW YORK — Eminem found himself on the defensive Tuesday (November 18) after The Source magazine owners Ray Benzino and Dave Mays held a press conference to play a recording of the MC delivering racial slurs.

On the first of two tracks purportedly recorded in 1993, an audibly young Slim Shady raps, "All the girls I like to bone have big butts/ No they don't, 'cause I don't like that n----- sh--/ I'm just here to make a bigger hit."

The second track featured Eminem rapping about a black girlfriend he broke up with. "Blacks and whites, they sometimes mix/ But black girls only want your money, 'cause they're dumb chicks," he rhymes. Later in the freestyle Em raps, "Never date a black girl, because blacks only want your money/ And that sh-- ain't funny."

The first track was only a few lines long, but the second track went on for several minutes with Em — seemingly rhyming off the top of his head — repeatedly saying he did not like black girls and that they were only out to get money. Both tracks sounded amateurish.

"Don't make this right now a double standard," Benzino said at the press conference. "We gotta treat this the same way you treat Mike Tyson, like you treat Kobe Bryant, like you treat R. Kelly, like you treat O.J. Simpson."

Eminem responded by insisting he isn't racist and explaining that the recording was made when he was young, foolish and angry.

"Ray Benzino, Dave Mays and The Source have had a vendetta against me, Shady Records and our artists for a long time," Eminem said in a statement. "The tape they played today was something I made out of anger, stupidity and frustration when I was a teenager. I'd just broken up with my girlfriend, who was African-American, and I reacted like the angry, stupid kid I was. I hope people will take it for the foolishness that it was, not for what somebody is trying to make it into today."

Eminem, 50 Cent and the rest of the Shady/Aftermath team have had a long-running feud with The Source, fueled by Benzino's accusations that the media operate on a double standard when it comes to the multiplatinum white MC and that an artist of color could never get away with saying some of the things Em says in his music (see "Benzino Ignites Beef By Calling Eminem '2003 Vanilla Ice'").

After their comments, Benzino and Mays refused to entertain questions about the tape and its origins. They did say they plan to include a CD of the Eminem recordings in February's issue, and they promised another press conference concerning Eminem will be held in the future, when they'll answer questions and have civic leaders and members of the hip-hop community on hand.

—Shaheem Reid

For more on Eminem and Benzino, check out the MTV News Archive

What do you think of this story? You Tell Us

E-Mail this story to a friend

Back to Headlines

« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 07:35:00 PM by CWalker187 »

The Watcher

top work Benzino! way to forget all the racist shit Ras Kass, dead prez, ice cube, paris and every other "pro-black" artist has said
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^^^^

True. And as if saying the N word is just as bad as raping and killing people the way those people he named have done.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2003, 07:51:32 PM »
I don't care if that's him or not that was one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Lame as fuck but hilarious.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2003, 07:52:51 PM »
Benzino man when he was over here with Ja Rule i shoulda found him & done somethin to him

Like what?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

kottonmouthninja

Benzino is takeing this beef too far  ::)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
way to forget all the racist shit Ras Kass, dead prez, ice cube, paris and every other "pro-black" artist has said

"It’s too bad that black people who are concerned with the improvement of the black condition are often viewed as being anti-white. " Paris.
Plus you shouldn't lump Ice Cube in with those other artists he's said far more ignorant things than any of them.

Paris

pappy

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2003, 09:50:17 PM »
how does ur voice become more high pitched over time.  an also does any1 notice this supposed em has a slight ny accent

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2003, 09:56:29 PM »
lol it sounds pretty close to the way he sounded on infinite...and he admitted that was him.

i could really care less what he says...shit he could have a tattoo of a swastika over his forehead for all i care...as long as he makes good music now i dont care what he said in a song 10 years ago.