Author Topic: Westside Connection - Terrorist Threats  (Read 2596 times)

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Westside Connection - Terrorist Threats
« on: November 18, 2003, 07:16:11 PM »
Yeah, im listening to it now...downloaded it last night, and it sounds okay....im not very good at album reviews...cuz i've never really done one...and im afraid that if i do a shit one, you'll all flame me!

So...erm...after listening to it, and comparing it to the first one...i just wanna say that all this hype for it has ruined it kinda, like...its just not as good as the first....

Its good...if i give Jay Z - The Black Album 7/10, this album prolly gets a 6.5 - 7.5/10....

Noted tracks for me, are Gangsta Nation, Call 911, Get Ignit and Dont Get outta Pocket.

Cube's flow in this CD is really good though...

I can do a in depth review...but i dont know if its already been done for this album or not..i didnt see it here..so i thought i'd just let you all know how i feel about it...(are we allowed to review bootlegged/pirate copies of CD's?)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2004, 04:09:12 PM by Royce Jome »
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

West Coast Veteran

Re:Westside Connection - Terrorist Threats (Bootleg)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 11:43:05 PM »
i would like to see an in depth review. anyone? other than the one on WCA
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 11:43:22 PM by WestCoastVeteran »

Bomb-A®

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 10:03:23 AM »
01. A THREAT TO THE WORLD
i decided not to compare terrorist threats to bow down but i will here since it's similar to the bow doen intro. the bow down intro was much better
X/5

02. CALL 9-1-1
Nice trcak to start with. Nice verse by Cube. Mack 10 and WC manage to hold their own. Nice hooks and beat
4.5/5

03. POTENTIAL VICTIMS
I love this beat. all three rip it. one of my fav tracks. just 2 or three lines from each of them in each verse. should have been longer.
4.5/5

04. GANGSTA NATION feat. Nate Dogg
first single. nate dogg doesnt disappointed. im glad WC did the first verse. he rips it better than Cube and Mack 10. the beat is cool but gets kinda monotonous. specially the organ sound.
4/5

05. GET IGNIT
i didnt hear this trcak until i got the whole album. nice beat and nice verses too. nothing special. it would be a good second single
4/5

06. PIMP THE SYSTEM feat. Butch Cassidy
the talking in the begining spoils the track a bit. otherwise a nice track. simple beat, nothing great but very good verses. didnt like butch cassidy;s hook at first but it grew on me
4/5

07. DON'T GET OUTTA POCKET
one of the two tracks i didnt like. its not bad but not at par with the other tracks. reagular beat and lyrics arent anything outstanding either.
3/5

08. IZM
average track compared to the other tracks. but its still quite good. nice beat but the hook and bridge are kinda annoying. verses dont disappointed tho
3.75/5

09. SO MANY RAPPERS IN LOVE
The only reason i dont hate this track is beacsue all three mc's rip their verses. but the beat sux (too soft for wsc, maybe thats the point thet're trying to make). very annoying hook. and that guyat the end talking about being in love is annoying too.
3.5/5

10. LIGHTS OUT feat. Knoc-turn'al
I kinda miss the other vesionwhere the dj goes "whaddup cube" before cube's verse. but still a very good. Mack 10 rips it. nice damizza beat. but knoc's hook doesnt vibe with the verses and beat.
4/5

11. BANGIN' AT THE PARTY
I really like this beat. i dunno who the guests on this track are and i wouldve preffered more vocals frm wsc. i didnt think wsc would sound good on a beat like this but they ripped it. nice hook too.
4/5

12. YOU GOTTA HAVE HEART
I love this track just for Cube. I havent heard cube this good in a long time. good lyrics from mack 10 and wc too but cube steals it. nice and simple beat. didnt like the hook tho. one of my fav tracks.
4.5/5

13. TERRORIST THREATS
Once again i was surprised how tight all three of them sound on beats like this. banging beat. another of my favourite tracks.

14. SUPERSTAR (DOUBLE MURDER = DOUBLE PLATINUM)
dont like the hook at all. probably the worst on the entire album. but the verses more than make up for it. kinda messy beat. but just the lyrics make it a great listen. nice way to end the album
4.5/5

Overall 4/5
i expected beats like these but didnt expect Cube, WC and mack 10 to sound so good over them. Although Cube is past his best, he still got some viscious rhymes. WC's been impressive since ghetto heisman. he continued to shine here. i thought Mack 10 would be the weak link here but i was pleasantly surprised. probably the best westcoast release of the year.

peace
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 10:05:12 AM by Masterdon aka Bomb-A »

youngmessnucca

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 06:45:16 PM »
1. A Threat To The World: i liked the intro, no real beat but it was cool and the guys voice & tone of the track get u set up for 911. 5/5

2. Call 9-1-1: lovin' it might be my fav...all the 3 mcs rip it up and mack's verse is his best of the album. good beat, and i love the hook and countless quotables by cube. 5/5

3. Potential Victims: out of all the songs that i bump on here, this'll be the 1st one I get tired of. like the beat and the hook alot though, just cant help but think i heard it b4. 4/5

4. Gangsta Nation w/ Nate Dogg: love the 1st single. I feel u about the beat, but for right now I'm bangin this one faithfully. Nate's hook is cool ( gettin a little sick of him though ), and i love the verses. 4/5

5. Get Ignant: It's a good song, bumps very nicely in my whip, but I'm not feeling it to much. I usually skip it. 3/5

6. Pimp The System w/ Butch Cassidy: I love the lyrics in this song and the hook by Butch is tight, but I'm not liking this beat. 3.5/5

7. Don't Get Outta Pocket w/ K-Mac: !!! Lovin' this, short verses 4 each MC, and that's good 4 peeps like me w/ short attention spans. Very happy to hear K-Mac since he wasnt on Gangsta's album, and he does his this.  The light bongos help the flow alot, especially Mack 10, and the beats get ir head movin' right away. This shit is straight G..1 of my favorites: 5/5

8. Izm w/ Kokane?: cool song, I think it might be Kokane on the hook, sounds like some mid 90's ish. wsc's delivery is a little sluggish but I still bump it: 3.5/5

9. Rappers In Love: what a great song! its refreshing to hear a song like this, delivered in the way it was. that aquarius shit at the beginning is funny as hell, and they all rip it. just speakin on rappers that used to be gangsta making love songs to sell albums. I think Mack makes a good point when he says "everysince 911 rappers been waving white flags". i noticed it just couldnt put it into words this good. thnx guys. the former "gangsta" rapper at the end is hilarious to me.: 5/5

10. Lightz Out w/ Knoc Turnal: this was on the Mack 10 comp, and produced by Damizza and mixed by DJ Quik. I hadn't heard Cube in a while prior to this and i was very impressed. thought he was gonna sell out. mack & wc come tight, but a little too soft. The song is about chillin out and relaxin though, so I guess its all just: 4/5

11. Bangin' @ the Party w/ K-mac & Skoop Delano: Another banger. they just gettin it crunk the way the west coast does. the beat it great, takes me back to old times, and even though the lyrics arent all that, it still works. Cube maybe or maybe not says something about Eminem:"the best rapper in the world ain't a European". adding Da Hood to the track was smart to, cuz they give it that extra lil' sumthin. 5/5

12. U Gotta Have Heart: my least fav on TT, the beat is iiht but to soft for me. Mack's opening line.."The same thing that make u laugh make u cry" :( heard it all b4. they all have smart lyrics and flow well, just not my type of song. I do like Cube's 2nd little shot at Eminem "If I was white and called my momma a bitch, it wouldn't taken me this long to get this rich". Not a diss, but more of a lil' joke to me: 3.5/5

13. Terrorist Threats: !!!!. hot! a nice short song w/ sparse drum kicks but it works well. WC comes the hardest to me and talks a little about the overall feeling of the album. I like the samples in the hook, but i kinda wished Mack 10 & Cube's verses were a little longer. but definitley a knocker.: 5/5

14. Superstar w/ Kokane: Now I know this has to be Koke and a chick on this hook. When it kicks in, he sounds maaad off beat, but after the verses u get more into it. Cube drops his best verse on the album, talkin about violence affecting record sales. Mack does his thing and talks about how he speaks on reality and then WC seems as if he kinds disses 50 Cent:"This new rapper got shot and lucked up now". might be coincedental though, and the beats nothin special, but a perfect verse to end a great album with: 5/5

Overall this gets a 4.3 from me. not as good as Bow Down, but then again I wasnt expecting that at all this year

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 04:28:21 PM »
damn, both of those reviews are totally overated

Foesum

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2004, 11:42:06 PM »
Westside Connection - Terrorist Threats

1. A Threat To The World (Intro)
2. Call 9-1-1 5/5
3. Potential Victims 4.5/5
4. Gangsta Nation w/ Nate Dogg 4/5
5. Get Ignit 3.5/5
6. Pimp The System w/ Butch Cassidy 4/5
7. Don't Get Outta Pocket w/ K-Mac 4/5
8. Izm 4/5
9. So Many Rappers In Love 4.5/5
10. Lightz Out w/ Knoc-Turnal 4/5
11. Bangin' At the
Party w/ Da Hood 4.5/5
12. You Gotta Have Heart 4/5
13. Terrorist Threats 5/5
14. Superstar (Double Murder=Double Platnium) 5/5

Lyrics: 4.5
Flow: 3.5
Beats: 4
8/10

Theres no Kokane on the album, its Bruce Wayne

The Predator

Re:Westside Connection - Terrorist Threats
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 07:22:31 AM »
11. BANGIN' AT THE PARTY
I really like this beat. i dunno who the guests on this track are and i wouldve preffered more vocals frm wsc. i didnt think wsc would sound good on a beat like this but they ripped it. nice hook too.
4/5

12. YOU GOTTA HAVE HEART
I love this track just for Cube. I havent heard cube this good in a long time. good lyrics from mack 10 and wc too but cube steals it. nice and simple beat. didnt like the hook tho. one of my fav tracks.
4.5/5

Good review on theese two songs but i like the hook on 12.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 07:23:08 AM by Sniper »

Okka

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 05:25:33 PM »

02. CALL 9-1-1
03. POTENTIAL VICTIMS
04. GANGSTA NATION feat. Nate Dogg
05. GET IGNIT
08. IZM
10. LIGHTS OUT feat. Knoc-turn'al
11. BANGIN' AT THE PARTY
13. TERRORIST THREATS

Actually it was a great album, but it didn't sold so much, man Fuck the critics...tight ass album, that's all i got to say...

PLANT

Re: Westside Connection - Terrorist Threats
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 10:40:31 AM »
Great album.  Bumped it the other day and it still sounds just as dope, if not doper than when it was released.

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 12:24:40 PM »
Best westcoast album to drop in a long while. Still slightly disappointing though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2004, 01:56:14 PM »
Best westcoast album to drop in a long while. Still slightly disappointing though.

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2004, 11:16:01 AM »

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 06:59:30 AM »
I was very disappointed with this album plus it was way to short the feeling I had after listening to it was "I waited 7 years for this".  It had a few good songs but overall it was just disappointing.

Diabolical

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2004, 03:58:41 PM »
I think its good, havent heard it for a while tho. Bumpin Bow Down now :)

prince

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2004, 06:46:01 PM »
alrite album.

not wsc at their best though