Author Topic: Weed Should be legalized!  (Read 729 times)

Defiance

Re:Weed Should be legalized!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2003, 10:41:08 PM »
my teacher asked this How will it help todays younger generation if it was leagal?

me and my crew replied with (well i came up with the idea) "If it was leagalized we would have more youth not doing it then doing it, because kids do it as well as drink because there not leagalized and its more fun to do it with the chance of knowing getting caught" idk i said more but cant remember it! but im sonning mother fuckers from left to right.

that is true...kids do it because of the fact that people dont want them too...it would most likely decrease the amount of kids doing drugs.

I disagree...Kids smoke cigarettes, and that's legal...

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2003, 10:49:58 PM »
my teacher asked this How will it help todays younger generation if it was leagal?

me and my crew replied with (well i came up with the idea) "If it was leagalized we would have more youth not doing it then doing it, because kids do it as well as drink because there not leagalized and its more fun to do it with the chance of knowing getting caught" idk i said more but cant remember it! but im sonning mother fuckers from left to right.

that is true...kids do it because of the fact that people dont want them too...it would most likely decrease the amount of kids doing drugs.

I disagree...Kids smoke cigarettes, and that's legal...

no...its legal if they are over 18.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2003, 10:53:06 PM »
LMAO. Since when are cigarettes legal for KIDS?

Defiance

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2003, 10:59:19 PM »

Cigarettes ARE legal for kids, they're just illegal to buy if you're under 18...

Defiance

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2003, 11:01:52 PM »
And either way, Don Breezio's argument was that if weed was legalized, less kids would do it, because it would be legal for them...So either way, you're wrong.

Don Breezio

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2003, 11:27:27 PM »

Cigarettes ARE legal for kids, they're just illegal to buy if you're under 18...

not true...they are illegal for kids to be in possession of.

i didnt say that all kids would stop if they legalized it. i said the amount would decrease because it wouldnt feel so wrong anymore.

JTSimon

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2003, 04:09:59 AM »
 ::)Nah...it wouldn't work in America.

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2003, 06:40:26 AM »
So, then, for your argument to be true, it'd have to be legal for kids to smoke pot.  Kids.  Come on man.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2003, 07:50:12 AM »
So, then, for your argument to be true, it'd have to be legal for kids to smoke pot.  Kids.  Come on man.  

no...im talking if they put an age limit on it like they do with cigarettes...a lot of people quit smoking around 18 or 19...they say its because its bad for your health but what was keeping them from saying that before? the fact that they knew it was illegal...im not saying we should let 4 year olds smoke pot...or even 16-17 year olds...but if they put an age limit like 18 or 21 rather then i think it would have a good effect. look at the statistics (DJC you should be able to agree with me on this one), other countries where weed is legal have a much lower drug rate than we do.

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2003, 09:07:16 PM »
Guns are legal in America.  The crime rate with guns here is much higher than anywhere else where Guns are outlawed.  Guess I just 'shot' your theory all to hell, heh?

The answer, as always, is in education, and parents responsibility . Newsflash: if you raise your kids right, they don't turn into criminals, and they don't do drugs.  Smack your momma for me.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2003, 09:09:44 PM »
Guns are legal in America.  The crime rate with guns here is much higher than anywhere else where Guns are outlawed.  Guess I just 'shot' your theory all to hell, heh?

The answer, as always, is in education, and parents responsibility . Newsflash: if you raise your kids right, they don't turn into criminals, and they don't do drugs.  Smack your momma for me.  

actually i've never done drugs so you'll have to smack her yourself...guns are a little different though...people can use guns to do stupid things...you cant stick up the 7/11 with a bag of weed...lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2003, 09:18:04 PM »
Man, you're dodging bullets.  

You said Kids wouldn't do drugs if they were legal, because it's all about rebellion.  I showed you that guns weren't illegal, but yet kids and everybody else still use them and break laws with them, and kill people with them, take them to school, blah blah blah.  The simple fact is, many kids are dumbasses who need somebody to hold their hand and show them what right and wrong is.  This is how we learn, somebody showed me right from wrong when I was a child, everybody needs that.  Your argument about legalizing drugs so kids won't do them is rediculous without the kids being raised by proper parents so that they know drugs are harmful.  The problem isn't that drugs are illegal, the problem is that parents aren't raising their kids properly.  Legalize, tax, whatever, it still isn't changing the fact that the reason these kids make stupid decisions is because they have nobody in their life teaching them right from wrong.  I feel that 30% or so of parents in america are doing a great job, 20% or so are doing the best they can, and the other 50% or so are totally failing their kids.  I'm not making excuses for them, but the reason you have so many punks around today is because their parents didn't educate and develop them properly when they were children.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2003, 09:29:43 PM »
that is true...but only to a point...when kids are raised right they make better decisions yes...but if you look at any place where weed is legal their drug rate is much lower. the only plausible cause for that is that people either 1) dont like that its taxed, or 2) doesnt have as much of a thrill to it. and the crime rate in those places is much lower too...because weed calms you down...when was the last time some guy got high off weed and went and robbed a bank?

im not sayin it would have a huge effect on it...but i think it would lower the rate a little bit from what it is now which is better than nothing.

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2003, 04:59:50 AM »
^ You have absolutely no proof that in those places, legalizing weed is the reason drug rates are lower.  They could just as easily be educating their children better than we do in America.  It wouldn't even be that hard, lol.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2003, 12:07:12 PM »
It wouldn't even be that hard, lol.  

that is true lol....but it is a possibility...i mean...its worth a shot. i think some good would come out of atleast making the laws a lot less harsh.