2 (3.6%)
No
29 (51.8%)
Don't know
4 (7.1%)
No, but he shouldn't have made that track
21 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Is Eminem racist.. ? [Poll]  (Read 852 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Is Eminem racist.. ? [Poll]
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2003, 03:17:44 AM »
Ain't no reason to even be wondering if he is. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2003, 06:26:20 AM »
Yeah, he's racist, he obviously doesn't like White people.  The only 3 he knows are Kim, Hailie, and Jimmy Iovine, He makes songs about Killing Kim, he HAS to work with Jimmy; so I guess he only likes 1 white person in the world.  
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 06:27:27 AM by Trauma »

The Predator

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2003, 09:00:05 AM »
All Eminem needs now is Hitlers moustache.

Im joking, i dont think he's a racist.

bez

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2003, 09:06:47 AM »
no.....who gives a fuck if he is n e way...aint we all kinda racist at the end of the day.  

I bet there is nobody on this board who hasn't sat down with their friends and dissed or laugh at white/black/chinese/spanish/pacistani people etc.  Its just the way of the world.  

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2003, 11:34:34 AM »
no.....who gives a fuck if he is n e way...aint we all kinda racist at the end of the day.  

I bet there is nobody on this board who hasn't sat down with their friends and dissed or laugh at white/black/chinese/spanish/pacistani people etc.  Its just the way of the world.  

Exxxaaactly..... I find it funny that everyone is like "Oh, lets see what people think about him now..." Fuck all of that. It's stupid. Of course he'd be called a racist. He's a white guy talking about black people (black women). If whites crack jokes at minorities, it's racism. If minorities crack jokes about whites, it's considered humor.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 11:35:01 AM by Diss Me More PLZ »
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2003, 11:53:57 AM »

Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2003, 11:57:05 AM »
That's what the "officials" had to say:

Russell Simmons' Hip-Hop Summit Action Network (HHSAN) has released a statement revealing its position on controversial lyrics Eminem wrote about African-Americans in a rap recited in 1993.

[...]

Dr. Benjamin Chavis, President of HHSAN, said that the race card is often used to divide the hip-hop culture.

"Hip-hop culture transcends race," Chavis noted. "We, therefore, must be careful as to how the race card is played to divide people rather than to encourage unity in the struggle for freedom, justice and equality for all."

The support of Simmons' non-profit organization comes on the heels of Eminem apologizing for the remarks, saying they were made out of anger and frustration.

[...]

The Source has refused to take the raps as “foolishness,” as Eminem put it in a retort. "These are racist remarks by someone who has the ability to influence millions of minds," said editor-in-chief Kim Osorio to New York Newsday.

The tape is the latest in a series of insults hurled at each other, which includes diss records from both sides, The Source printing articles and posters aimed at discrediting Eminem and Eminem smashing his Source Award to pieces this year at Hot 97's Summer Jam concert.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=2578

KVB

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2003, 12:01:57 PM »
Ain't no reason to even be wondering if he is. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Yeah, an even if he was being racist against blacks on purpose, the tape is ten years old and of little significance today. He was just venting a little frustration, that's all.

Don Breezio

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2003, 12:15:49 PM »
Yeah, he's racist, he obviously doesn't like White people.  The only 3 he knows are Kim, Hailie, and Jimmy Iovine, He makes songs about Killing Kim, he HAS to work with Jimmy; so I guess he only likes 1 white person in the world.  

lol you make a good point

SGV

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2003, 12:36:42 PM »
Is D-12 really his homies? I mean, we don't know that. Everyone thinks Snoop and Dre are real homies, but they're just co-workers. I see the same thing with Em and D-12. Contract homies. Almost everyone in Hip Hop are contract homies. I think C-N-N are the only real homies out there.

Again, since none of us are close to Eminem or D-12, we wouldn't know their real relationship.

I got a good example. I don't like MOST Salvadoreans that I meet. But, I still have 4 or 5 friends, good friends at that, who are Salvadorean. Either way, I still dislike Salvadoreans. So, just because Em is "friends" with D-12, doesn't mean he's not racist. And, just because he made this tape, doesn't mean he is racist. I've made racist jokes, I don't think I'm a racist.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2003, 12:58:02 PM »
Is D-12 really his homies? I mean, we don't know that [...] I see the same thing with Em and D-12. Contract homies...

I don't think that Em' would've asked some people to build a group, although he didn't like them - that doesn't make sense. And if there were no friendship between them, why felt Em' obligated to bring them in the news after he was a "big-name" in the rap-game? It's another situation than the one between Snoop and Dre, because they never really were a group, they just featured each other on their projects and helped out with beats or vocals. But anyway I think that they were big friends at the time "The Chronic" and "Doggystyle" were released. Dre pushed Snoop's career, I don't think that he would've done that for somebody he didn't cares.

Don Breezio

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2003, 12:59:24 PM »
I don't think that Em' would've asked some people to build a group, although he didn't like them - that doesn't make sense. And if there were no friendship between them, why felt Em' obligated to bring them in the news after he was a "big-name" in the rap-game?

money...as bone said...fo the love of money

SGV

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2003, 01:05:17 PM »
I don't think that Em' would've asked some people to build a group, although he didn't like them - that doesn't make sense. And if there were no friendship between them, why felt Em' obligated to bring them in the news after he was a "big-name" in the rap-game?

money...as bone said...fo the love of money
Yup.

Goldie Loc and Tray Deee are great examples. They probably would've killed each other on the street, but money made them come together. Money talks homie.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2003, 01:10:31 PM »
You didn't read my posting properly, especially the first sentence. When they built that group back in the days nobody could've known that Eminem will blow up, so the money-thing can't be the real reason. I still think they were friends and still are.

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2003, 01:14:17 PM »
You didn't read my posting properly, especially the first sentence. When they built that group back in the days nobody could've known that Eminem will blow up, so the money-thing can't be the real reason. I still think they were friends and still are.

its possible that was all bullshit though...they may just say that they were all good friends and they built the group back in the day to put out a certain image for the group.