Author Topic: India: Muslims Gun Down 100 People In Hindu Temple  (Read 1665 times)

CWalker187

India: Muslims Gun Down 100 People In Hindu Temple
« on: September 28, 2002, 11:48:58 AM »
The religion of peace strikes again.....

30 killed in Hindu temple shootout

NEW DELHI, Sept. 24 (UPI) -- Gunmen stormed a famous Hindu temple Tuesday, killing 30 pilgrims and injuring 70 others in India's western Gujarat state, officials said.

The assailants fired indiscriminately at worshippers in the Swaminarayan temple in Gandhinagar town, killing 22 people on the spot. At least eight people later died from their wounds; some 50 others were wounded.

Deputy Prime Minister Lal Krishna Advani said the gunmen were still in the shrine, which has been surrounded by security forces. Elite commando units have been sent into the 25-acre shrine to flush out the attackers.

He said the attacks were meant to disrupt elections in the restive Kashmir state.

He said the attack was "a deliberate design to divert attention from the successful ... poll."

The attackers are firing intermittently at the troops from inside the shrine and it is not known if they have taken any devotees as hostage.

More than 500 worshippers have been evacuated from the sprawling temple spread over 25 acres.

"There is a complete chaos inside the sprawling shrine," a police official in Gandhinagar said on phone.

The police official said the six-story temple was crowded at the time of evening prayers when the attackers struck firing from their automatic AK-47 rifles. They also set off four hand grenades. Some eyewitnesses told police there were five gunmen.

Although no one has claimed responsibility for Tuesday's attack, a red alert has been sounded across Gujarat and neighboring Maharashtra state to foil any Hindu-Muslim riots.

Indian Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee cut short his four-day visit to Maldives and was returning home.

"We will do whatever is needed," he said at a reception in the Maldives.

Copyright © 2002 United Press International

View printer-friendly version

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

CWalker187

Re: India: Muslims Gun Down 100 People In Hindu Te
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2002, 11:52:58 AM »
Here is another one.....this time they got Christians! ALLAH AKBAR!!!!!

Gunmen attack Pakistan Christian charity

By Aamir Ashraf

KARACHI (Reuters) - Two gunmen have burst into the offices of a Christian charity in the
Pakistani city of Karachi and tied up and gagged seven Christians before shooting them at
point blank range, police say.

Wednesday's attack was the latest in a series of bloody assaults on Christian or Western
targets since Pakistan's military government sided with the U.S.-led war on terror last year.

Six men died instantly, and doctors said a seventh died shortly afterwards at Karachi's
main hospital. Police said the seven, all Pakistanis, were shot through the head at point
blank range with a pistol.

Doctors said an eighth man faced permanent paralysis of his left side from a head wound
and needed an operation, while a ninth was under sedation after being beaten up in the
attack.

The attack took place at the city centre offices of the Idare-e Amn-O-Insaf, or the
Organisation for Peace and Justice.

"The gunmen first roped all the people inside the room, they also taped their mouths," a
police officer told Reuters. "After, they fired straight at their heads."

"The dead bodies were found lying on chairs," said provincial police chief Syed Kamal
Shah. "It appeared that they were forced to sit there. Their hands were tied and their mouths
were also taped."

"We found eight empty bullet shells of a TT pistol which means that they were shot point
blank," he said.

"Apparently it's an act of terror," Shah added. "But we are investigating it with an open
mind and don't rule out a possible link with recent attacks on minorities and foreign
nationals."

The charity has its offices, which are unmarked, on the third floor of Rimpa Plaza, a
12-storey block which also houses a hospital.

A doctor in the next-door office said he had seen two gunmen. "They were wearing shirts
and trousers and were clean shaven," he said.

SCENES OF GRIEF AT HOSPITAL

As a large crowd gathered around the office, the bodies were brought out wrapped in
white sheets. Blood dripped off the stretchers carrying the dead men, and there were large
blood stains around their heads.

At the hospital female relatives of one victim wailed and beat themselves in grief.

An employee of the organisation, Sakina Rahmat, cried at the bedside of her wounded
colleague. She usually starts work in the afternoon and had not been there at the time of the
attack.

"We don't know how it happened," she said through her tears. "We have no enmity with
anybody. How could this happen to us?"

Father Archie d'Souza, personal assistant to the Archbishop of Karachi, said Idare-e
Amn-O-Insaf was a Christian organisation. "It's a sort of NGO. It's Pakistan-based and run
by Pakistani Christians. It's for justice and peace."

Rahmat said the charity dealt with social and labour issues, while police said it also
published a magazine called "Jafakash" (Hard Worker). A recent issue dealt with Pakistan's
controversial blasphemy laws, Shah said.

Shah said police were keen to question the ninth man, who was beaten but not shot in the
attack, but he had fainted shortly after they began interviewing him.

This year's attacks have been blamed on Muslim militants angered by the government's
decision to abandon the fundamentalist Taliban regime in neighbouring Afghanistan, which
was overthrown last year.

Pakistan has arrested more than two dozen members of extremist groups in connection
with the attacks, but at the weekend Interior Minister Moinuddin Haider told Reuters he
suspected the intelligence services of neighbouring India might have financed them.

Analysts were sceptical that India might have been involved.

"You cannot entirely rule out that possibility," said Khalid Mehmood of the Institute of
Regional Studies. "It's a war of nerves between the two intelligence agencies and
intelligence agencies all over the world are involved in such tit-for-tat operations."

"But in the context of these incidents, I would say this appears to be the work of Islamic
religious extremists rather than the involvement of any Indian secret service," he said.

Wednesday's attack came a day after two gunmen attacked a Hindu temple in Gujarat,
western India and killed at least 29 people. Indian Deputy Prime Minister Lal Krishna Advani
has implicitly blamed Pakistan for that attack.

In March, a grenade attack on the Protestant International Church in Islamabad killed five
people, including the wife and daughter of an American diplomat.

On May 8, a suicide bombing killed 11 French naval engineers and three Pakistanis in
Karachi. A car bomb outside the U.S. consulate on June 14 killed 12 Pakistanis.

Reuters

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2002, 11:54:54 AM »
damn shame....ohwell shit happens though, all religions kill, its just that yall like to make the story huge when muslims kill

Luuuuuurrrrrk

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2002, 12:20:21 PM »
sorry, cwalker you won't become moderator on this board. You're too biased ....

CWalker187

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2002, 12:44:59 PM »
How am I biased? And even if I was, how would that be any different from the current mods?

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2002, 01:26:37 PM »
I'm sure the Muslims had a reason for doing what they did.  I don't know if violence was the only option, if it wasn't, then they will be punished.  Punished as wrongdoers but not rebels of Islam.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2002, 02:48:56 PM »
I'm sure the Muslims had a reason for doing what they did.

Or howabout they were just misguided assholes?  Not everyone that acts violently had a good reason.  

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2002, 02:49:05 PM »
How am I biased? And even if I was, how would that be any different from the current mods?

U consider Infinite and Tech terrorists cuz they're muslims and anti-Bush. You consider one of the biggest religions on earth a crime in itself because sum extremly desperate people of that religion use terrorism as a weapon. That's biased as fuck

RAPQUAKE

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2002, 03:50:00 PM »
man i jus got props for Cwalker for spereadin tha truth... ;D...but n e way, doggy naw hes not "blowing something up outta proportion" shit like this happens a LOT and dont jus put it away like that....haha and lol@infinite tryin to defend these str8 bitchass muthafuckaz...u'd probably suck a guy's dick off if u founf out he was muslim, haha

peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2002, 03:54:52 PM »
I dunno.  I don't like getting involved in political and religious stuff that much on here anymore, because there's two sides to every story.  But it's hard to say that there's justice into running into a temple and killing people... that's hardcore.  And then, running into a charity, tying people up, and shooting them point blank? There cannot be an excuse for that.  At least when somebody innocent gets killed in war, they weren't a specific casualty, or whatever, but specifically attacking a temple and a charity organization, when the only reason for the attack is to kill innocent people is rediculous.  I don't think it's because of their religion, though.  

Instant_Killa

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2002, 04:04:13 PM »
shit like this happens. a few years back for example in india, a group of some backward hindus burned down white christian missionaries in india...the missionary and his kids were sleeping in their vehicle when they were burnt inside...

similiarly, id say a group of backward muslims probably did the same to hindus...like u said killin n shit

ppl are fuked

peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2002, 04:10:38 PM »
^^ Exactly.  I don't think it's because of their religion... but, when you see sick sonofabitches trying to make excuses for it, just because they're the same religion, makes me sick to my stomach.  Christians do this too, i'm sure (I know they have in the past, maybe not recently), Hindus do this, whatever, but nobody's making excuses for Hindus torching a christian missionary.  Nobody's making excuses for the crusades.  As soon as a muslim does something messed up, some of his muslim brothers jump on his bandwagon, and make excuses for his actions, saying there must be a good reason to assasinate 30 unarmed people in a temple praying.  John Walker, Al Quaeda, etc. are good recent examples. When that u.s. boat was bombed a few years back, and Bin Ladin was behind it, was basically caught red handed, nobody condemned him.  Same thing with the WTC disaster.  Instead, the few muslims on here who said something, gave us 100 reasons why Bin Ladin was a misunderstood guy.  It's disgusting, but that's the crooked world we live in.  

Doggystylin

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2002, 04:18:55 PM »
but that's the crooked world we live in.  

I like to call this world cruel, but crooked is aight...i would call a person crooked and the world so cruel, lol, oh yeah sometimes i call it cold n cruel...but thats a diff story

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2002, 04:51:45 PM »
Of course all this was predicted years ago, ya know.  

Isaiah 5:20

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Isaiah 5:25

Therefore is the anger of the LORD kindled against his people, and he hath stretched forth his hand against them, and hath smitten them: and the hills did tremble, and their carcases were torn in the midst of the streets. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

Just more proof that we're living in the latter days, the time before the second coming that Isaiah spoke of.

infinite59

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2002, 07:46:25 PM »

U consider Infinite and Tech terrorists cuz they're muslims and anti-Bush. You consider one of the biggest religions on earth a crime in itself because sum extremly desperate people of that religion use terrorism as a weapon. That's biased as fuck

You keep it real dogg.  I respect you very much.  Trauma even reported me to the FBI as being a terrorist if you can believe that.  I mean.... that shows what kind of person he is.  Anyway.... that's another subject... just wanted to tell you I enjoy reading your posts....1