Author Topic: Rugby Violence  (Read 149 times)

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Rugby Violence
« on: December 01, 2003, 11:15:01 AM »
hmm dont know how many of you are familiar with rugby...rules etc etc or have ever been live to a game...

...but ya notice that its totally different to football ?

Not mention of violence at matches...no affiliated / unaffiliated gangs

players often speak to the referee as "sir" ...nothing but respect...

...sometime a player will querie a ref...not often ...and mostly he is polietly told who is boss

perfect

Don Seer

Re:Rugby Violence
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 11:31:05 AM »
true... when i used to play i went to the pilkington cup final with my club... very different atmosphere.. must be a class thing.. lol

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 02:17:03 PM »
rugby is very entertaining, i watch it, have no fuckin clue wat is going on, and still enjoy it

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 06:30:34 PM »
rugby is very entertaining, i watch it, have no fuckin clue wat is going on, and still enjoy it

pretty much the same thing. I once downloade a rugby game by EA and unisntalled about 10 minutes later cause I was just like wtf is going on here.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 03:28:24 AM »

Simple...pass backwards, and kick forwards...

thats the main rules anyways ;) ... but once you get into it...its a wonderful thing

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 09:55:34 AM »
It ain't got a patch on football.

Rain03

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a person!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 04:46:42 AM »
rugby is great - shits all over football

rugby is like the biggest sport down here in australia rightly so with both rugby league and rugby union

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 05:14:29 AM »
rugby is great - shits all over football

both rugby league and rugby union
yea same here too...our gb league boys will have yer next time ;)

hehe...

...anyway the topic was about rugby violence (lack of) in comparison to the innate violence of football, not which sport you prefer...
...dont know if any of you have studid sociology / psychology / history of sport...but its all there in black and white to explain what / why / how etc etc

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 09:15:35 AM »
To me, Rugby will never be as exciting as football (soccer), because there is little to no creativity involved in rugby. The only thing you can do is fake to pass and sidestep, and from then on its all about speed. Plus, passing wise there is little scope to do anything exciting. The only people who seem to have any creativity are the kickers but even they hardly ever do anything particulary amazing. To me rugby is boring as hell.

The reason they never answer back is because they know the ball will get moved forward, and territory appears to be vital in rugby. In football they introduced the same thing, but to be honest the refs hardly ever use it because they have to book the player to actually do it, and the players have little incentive not to do so because 10 yards for a foul on say the half way line doesn't mean anything really.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2003, 05:53:54 PM »
Rugby is the shit!
I remember in elementary we would always fuckin play that on the fields against the higher/lower grades in the school
was hella fun!