Author Topic: questions about muslims  (Read 375 times)

budsmokeronly

questions about muslims
« on: September 18, 2002, 08:11:58 PM »
let me first say I don't know a damn thing about muslims or their religion, except that they pray 5 times a day.  but I got a friend who is all into christianity.  he learned about the muslim religion this summer and says that in the muslim bible (I forget what it is called) that muslims are supposed to kill all the people who are not their religion.  he said people call the muslims who do all the suicide bombings and shit radicals, but really they are the only ones who really follow the religion the right way.  he tells me most of the muslims in the us are not taught about that part of the book.  what do you muslims think about this?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

infinite59

Re: questions about muslims
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 09:41:25 PM »
Your friend is very wrong.  Yes, struggle is prescribed for a Muslim.  This may be a Jihad or struggle with ones self or ones attacker.  Islam does make allowances for one to take up arms against an oppressor.  Those Muslim siucide bombers honestly believe that those people they bomb are their oppressor.  Now, maybe they are oppressors, maybe they are not.  I can just tell you what it says in the Qu'ran.  The Qu'ran does not tell you to turn the other cheek to oppression.  But it does say that Allah is with those who restrain themselves, and that a Muslim is never supposed to be the aggressor.  

Muhammad never killed any women and children.  Muhammad's uncle would never convert to Islam, even after Muhammad pleaded to his uncle to just whisper the Shahada in his ear.  Still, Muhammad loved his uncle very much, whether he was Muslim or not a Muslim.  Muhammad made peace treaty's with Non-Muslim governments and country's.  Even when those treaties were a great burden to Muslims he did so for peace.  He does not wish to spread the religion through the sword.

To say the Qu'ran says Muslims are supposed to kill everyone not in their religion is false.  At one point it says to kill the infidels, but that is because they were at battle during that revelation from Allah.  There are peaceful parts of the Qu'ran, revealed at times of peace.  And violent parts of the Qu'ran revealed at times of battle.  Islam covers all facets of life, and this includes militarily.  Allah put one heart in man.  We do not follow the rules of Allah for religion and then follow the rules of George Bush for War.  Althought their are many Muslims in the US military.  One of my good Muslim friends here in KC is in the military.  Because he believes that the terrorists are killing innocent people who aren't oppressors.  But the terrorists believe that these people are there oppressor.  Do you see the difference?

RAPQUAKE

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2002, 07:34:41 AM »
Your friend is very wrong.  Yes, struggle is prescribed for a Muslim.  This may be a Jihad or struggle with ones self or ones attacker.  Islam does make allowances for one to take up arms against an oppressor.  Those Muslim siucide bombers honestly believe that those people they bomb are their oppressor.  Now, maybe they are oppressors, maybe they are not.  I can just tell you what it says in the Qu'ran.  The Qu'ran does not tell you to turn the other cheek to oppression.  But it does say that Allah is with those who restrain themselves, and that a Muslim is never supposed to be the aggressor.  

Muhammad never killed any women and children.  Muhammad's uncle would never convert to Islam, even after Muhammad pleaded to his uncle to just whisper the Shahada in his ear.  Still, Muhammad loved his uncle very much, whether he was Muslim or not a Muslim.  Muhammad made peace treaty's with Non-Muslim governments and country's.  Even when those treaties were a great burden to Muslims he did so for peace.  He does not wish to spread the religion through the sword.

To say the Qu'ran says Muslims are supposed to kill everyone not in their religion is false.  At one point it says to kill the infidels, but that is because they were at battle during that revelation from Allah.  There are peaceful parts of the Qu'ran, revealed at times of peace.  And violent parts of the Qu'ran revealed at times of battle.  Islam covers all facets of life, and this includes militarily.  Allah put one heart in man.  We do not follow the rules of Allah for religion and then follow the rules of George Bush for War.  Althought their are many Muslims in the US military.  One of my good Muslim friends here in KC is in the military.  Because he believes that the terrorists are killing innocent people who aren't oppressors.  But the terrorists believe that these people are there oppressor.  Do you see the difference?

aye yo nobody believe this BULLish...first of all..even if "TERRORISTS" DO believe that the innocent ppl in the wtc tower for example ARE opressors(which i do not believe at all), then do they think kids(that they kidnap) are opressors too...not directly right? and a muslim's not supposed to be an agressor?? well the only current muslim conflict i know much about is KASHMIR...so why is it that "MUSLIMS"(pakistan) were the agressor and started terrorizing in the valley??

Oh and Infinite, OF COURSE he loved his uncle, lol, what type of fuckin example is that...MOhuMAD is supposed to be a religious icon, if HE didnt love his uncle then u'd have one real fucked up religion i can say that.

and its no use arguing wit infinite, first off he doesnt even answer ur question...jus makes a long post not directly related to ur question at all...this time at least he was close...and thats shocking how "kill the infidels" was included in a holy book, thats just fucked up..but the thing is i dont understand where this comes in...did they say kill the infidels like in a story-like setting, or did they just write that cuz there was a war going on and they were heated up and decided to send that message in the koran????  and another thing, acgrundy, even if they didnt say that directly, its implied cuz the korans says that infidels and unbleivers of islams are destined to hell anyway so theres no sin in killin em lol.
peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2002, 07:44:16 AM »
1 Thing is, yall are comparing (in your minds eye) the bible, and the Qu'ran.  The Qu'ran wasn't compiled the same, so when it says "Kill the infidels", that doesn't mean god put that down as future advice.  The Qu'ran (correct me if I'm wrong) was compiled shortly after the Prophet Muhammad's death, by students of his, from his teachings.  When he said "Kill all infidels", he was speaking of the folks they were currently at war with.  So, it made it into the book, but it's not the type of revelation that is meant to be a cornerstone of the religion.  

The bible is more of a historically slanted book, where you can read teh stories and things and understand the context maybe a little better.  The Qu'ran serves the same purpose, and some of it is historical, but you have to be careful and not take quotes out of context to get their full meaning.  

Peace~

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2002, 10:13:25 AM »
^ Thank you Trauma

as for Rap qUAKE, Youre tellin me Muslims are the aggressors in Kashmir? Oh man!
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2002, 10:23:09 AM »
1 Thing is, yall are comparing (in your minds eye) the bible, and the Qu'ran.  The Qu'ran wasn't compiled the same, so when it says "Kill the infidels", that doesn't mean god put that down as future advice.  The Qu'ran (correct me if I'm wrong) was compiled shortly after the Prophet Muhammad's death, by students of his, from his teachings.  When he said "Kill all infidels", he was speaking of the folks they were currently at war with.  So, it made it into the book, but it's not the type of revelation that is meant to be a cornerstone of the religion.  

The bible is more of a historically slanted book, where you can read teh stories and things and understand the context maybe a little better.  The Qu'ran serves the same purpose, and some of it is historical, but you have to be careful and not take quotes out of context to get their full meaning.  

Peace~

Wow.... well.... I'm suprised you took up for us in this argument but thanks nontheless.  

Btw, I'm almost positive that the Qu'ran was being written as it was revealed by Muhammad.

RAPQUAKE

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2002, 12:58:35 PM »
yeah i believe Muslims are the agressor in kashmir...during the time when Jinnah's stupid ass wanted a seperate state from India when they were freed from Britain, Every state had a king or watever who had a choice to go to India or Pakistan,
and thats how pakistan and east pakistan went down...so Kashmir on the other hand was always free of british rule..so the king wanted to be a seperate state cuz Kashmir IS a unique place...BUT what happened was pakistans bitch ass tries to invade Kashmir and take it over cuz i mean Kashmir is sumn a nation wants...the place iz beautiful (its compared to swittzerland) and lol it has some dope ass bud ;) lol...but yeah anyway so PAKISTAN was the agressor in takin over Kashmir...but then the king went to India for help and Nehru(prime minister at that time) was sneaky and made him sign documents that made Kashmir a state of India...and the king reluctantly agreed(prolly cuz he was Hindu) ...so since then on Kashmir has been in peace, UNDER India's rule- UNTIL 1989 when Pakistan had been brainwashin Kashmiri muslims and sending terrorist muthafuckaz (since Pakistan always failed at attempts to take over Kashmir thru wars) to fuck up the place and win it over...but since then the place has jus been a mess and its Pakistans (muslims') fault...how can u say the muslims are being opressed when everything was coo until the late 80's??? The only reason the muslims in kashmir can be said to be opressed iz cuz stupid ass "islamic fundamentalists" are accidentally? killin em...or maybe some get killed accidentally by the Indian army...In India all races and religions are equal, unlike Pakistan where MUSLIM males have the highest status and women and non-muslims are second rate citezens??? man FUCK PAKISTAN and fuk wat u sayin....and if u got something to prove me wrong lay it on

RAPQUAKE

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2002, 01:01:41 PM »
yo sorry bout my grammer im in a hurry to get my posts over wit so i mess up a lot...

budsmokeronly

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2002, 02:40:47 PM »
yeah my friend says that these crazy muslims who do suicide bombings feel that they are doing the right thing and serving their god.  They go to heaven by killing the Jews.  That is why they were so powerful back in the day when they conquered all kinds of countries back when they were the mores.  they conquered so much because they had no fear of dying because they believed right when they die they will go to heaven.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2002, 03:15:52 PM »
yeah i believe Muslims are the agressor in kashmir...during the time when Jinnah's stupid ass wanted a seperate state from India when they were freed from Britain, Every state had a king or watever who had a choice to go to India or Pakistan,
and thats how pakistan and east pakistan went down...so Kashmir on the other hand was always free of british rule..so the king wanted to be a seperate state cuz Kashmir IS a unique place...BUT what happened was pakistans bitch ass tries to invade Kashmir and take it over cuz i mean Kashmir is sumn a nation wants...the place iz beautiful (its compared to swittzerland) and lol it has some dope ass bud ;) lol...but yeah anyway so PAKISTAN was the agressor in takin over Kashmir...but then the king went to India for help and Nehru(prime minister at that time) was sneaky and made him sign documents that made Kashmir a state of India...and the king reluctantly agreed(prolly cuz he was Hindu) ...so since then on Kashmir has been in peace, UNDER India's rule- UNTIL 1989 when Pakistan had been brainwashin Kashmiri muslims and sending terrorist muthafuckaz (since Pakistan always failed at attempts to take over Kashmir thru wars) to fuck up the place and win it over...but since then the place has jus been a mess and its Pakistans (muslims') fault...how can u say the muslims are being opressed when everything was coo until the late 80's??? The only reason the muslims in kashmir can be said to be opressed iz cuz stupid ass "islamic fundamentalists" are accidentally? killin em...or maybe some get killed accidentally by the Indian army...In India all races and religions are equal, unlike Pakistan where MUSLIM males have the highest status and women and non-muslims are second rate citezens??? man FUCK PAKISTAN and fuk wat u sayin....and if u got something to prove me wrong lay it on

why does India refuse to comply with UN Resolutions and allow a plesbicite in Kashmir?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

RAPQUAKE

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2002, 03:31:04 PM »
why u askin me??? ;D ;D ;D

...but probably cuz they'd lose...however u wanna bring back all the kashmiri hindus from all around the world, somehow get their tickets etc paid for...take out the terrorists, and take the vote from the ppl of jammu and Kashmir, we'd have a good shot at it...but think, if India does have a plebicide and the results come out 51% in favor of India then would the terrorism stop...hell naw!!! pakistan dont play fair so why should india?... india has beaten em in 3 wars over kashmir, has spent a LOT of unnecessary money on it pver their terrorism and so why would it let Kashmir goto PAKISTAN now? isnt 1/3rd of the whole damn state enough already

u know i gotta reasearch about this plebicide thing though

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2002, 07:24:44 PM »
you're avoiding the question, why doesnt India comply with the resolutions?

- Lewis Carroll