Author Topic: The most underrated and overrated in the West  (Read 2056 times)

smerlus

Re:The most underrated and overrated in the West
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2003, 05:17:13 AM »
under: DJ Quik, Digital Underground, Montel Jordan

over: Snoop, Knoc-Turn'al (was), Shade Sheist

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2003, 11:21:46 AM »
Yeah shade sheist is waaaaaay overrated, his voice lyrics delivery flow all suck to me, his beats save him every time

ecrazy

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2003, 12:17:14 PM »
Underrated: DJ QUIK (Of Course!), DEL The Funky Homosapien, Dan The Automator (His Beats Are Mad Crazy), 2mex, Dilated Peoples, Suga Free

Overrated: Snoopaloop, Dr. Dre (yea, I said it)

xxSFCxx415

• Lil Geezy
  • FRI$CO LEGEND
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2003, 12:35:05 PM »

UNDERATED RAPPER IN THA WEST IZ:SAN QUINN

OVERATED RAPPER IN THA WEST IZ:SNOOP DOGG

Foesum

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2003, 02:37:19 PM »

Underrated (Not slept-on, underrated) - Ice-T

i don't think he's underrated, but i think his music is. Even teenyboppers have heard of him, but they don't know what "Midnight" and "B*tches 2" are.

DJ Quik is the same, i think everyones heard of him, just his music.
In the rap game right now, Ras Kass, Skillz and Kanye West are very underrated. Kanye West especially because he keeps on coming with these dope beats but only half of hip-hop fans have heard who produced "U Don't Know My Name". Its shocking, they know who sings it, Alicia Keys, but they don't know who produces it.

Anyways

Overrated: Ice Cube, cuz he's doing big in movies right now

Underrated: Ras Kass, WC (nearly had his break with Westside Connection, but they didn't keep on appearing on BET enough to keep them in the countdown), The D.O.C (always will be, if he was a real NWA member and that crash never happened, he'd probably have as much sucess as Kurupt, and thats alot).

Knoc-Turnal is definetely gonna bring it to the next generation, everyones heard of him already, and he's gonna blow. Westside Connections slowly progressing, WC ain't gonna blow up, he should've years ago. I think Roscoe, Crooked I and Suga Free are gonna blow, and with the right moves Hi-C and Sly Boogy might.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2003, 05:46:46 PM »
overated snoop
underated I agree with Foesum, WC & The D.O.C. are really underated, ras kass too.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2003, 05:58:52 PM »
Overrated = The Game.

Underrated = Tha Liks

Jome

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2003, 07:46:51 PM »
Overrated = Jayo Felony, Shade Shiest, Knocturnal, Sly Boogie and Crooked I

In my opinion, these get way to mch props

Oh shiiiiiet, if these are overrated, then I think you should have a look at the definition..
You just listed a bunch of outsiders..

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2003, 08:27:17 PM »

Oh shiiiiiet, if these are overrated, then I think you should have a look at the definition..

I agree that Shade and Knoc are...even when people explain to me what makes them dope on here, I still don't agree at all.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2003, 06:07:04 AM »

SGV

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2003, 06:39:23 PM »
Knoc is so creative I don't know how anyone could say he's overrated.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2003, 06:57:00 PM »

Well it depends what angle u look at it. Some people look at him as bitin Jayo Felony's style, always bein off beat. It's some people, like me, who just don't like people who rap off beat alllllll the time. Suga Free will rap off beat for a sec then bring it back flowin on the beat hard as fuck. Then it's many people who just think lyrically he ain't about nothin...to me he isn't. On some tracks he says real shit, but sometimes he just babbles. These reasons among others are y people ain't always feelin him

SGV

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2003, 07:01:56 PM »

Well it depends what angle u look at it. Some people look at him as bitin Jayo Felony's style, always bein off beat. It's some people, like me, who just don't like people who rap off beat alllllll the time. Suga Free will rap off beat for a sec then bring it back flowin on the beat hard as fuck. Then it's many people who just think lyrically he ain't about nothin...to me he isn't. On some tracks he says real shit, but sometimes he just babbles. These reasons among others are y people ain't always feelin him
LMAO @ Crediting Jayo for the off beat style. If anything that's E-40's style. I never thought of Knoc as an off beat rapper. Knoc talks real shit in his songs, he gets deep. To me that shows his lyrical ability as well does he creativity. Songs like "Muzik" and the other one where he would take titles of other West Coast songs and incorporate them into his raps. That's creativeness, but I guess that gets overlooked. So, while he's taking time and writing quality stuff, people like The Game, who RAPS ABOUT NOTHING and raps the same EVERYTIME gets props. It's ridiculous. Being creative and original don't even matter now.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2003, 07:02:24 PM »
i agree with you
i love his style

smerlus

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2003, 07:40:24 PM »
the only reason i said knoc is over is cause on most of his songs he talks like he's the shit and he doesn't even have a proper cd out....he's always talking about he's with dre, he's better than any other rapper coming up....pretty much just swings off dre's coat tails. i mean it's cool to give him props but he could do it more like 50 cent did it