Author Topic: How important is religion an marrage  (Read 351 times)

HBKid_Jr

How important is religion an marrage
« on: September 18, 2002, 06:24:44 PM »
say you met a girl u were madly in love with.  but she was of different religion.  would u still go on with that relationship or not.  Me personally if i was madly in love wit a girl an vis versa,  nutin would come in between that,  not even if she was a different religion.  an if god is all loving like he is made out 2 be he would understand that,  jus how i look at it
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Doggystylin

Re: How important is religion an marrage
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 06:26:52 PM »
who the hell cares what religion she is if you really love her, what kinda question is that?

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 07:16:12 PM »
Actually :)

It's really important to me what religion my girl is.  I'm a latter day saint, and I'd like to marry a latter day saint.  One reason, is, we believe in temple marriages, that last forever, not until death do you part.  We believe that by being married in the lord's temple, you are making certain covenants with him, and in return, he will seal the two of you together forever, to enter the glory of heaven together.  

Another reason is, Latter Day Saints have certain beliefs that transcend all aspects of their lives... for instance, honoring the sabbath, like it says in the 10 commandments given to Moses.  We interpret that to mean, that on Sunday, you shouldn't work (Like it says in the bible), and should give that day to the lord (I.E., spend it relaxing with family, doing spiritual things, making love, lol something like that, something holy or spiritual, for the joy of the lord).  We don't even buy things on Sunday, because that would make somebody else have to work.

In other words, my religion affects other aspects of my life.  In order for someone to fit into my life so well that I would marry her, she'd probably have to be the same religion.  Also, not anyone can be married in a latter day saint temple, so If I really wanted to be sealed together forever, I would need to marry a latter day saint.  If I want some man who says he's a justice of the peace, or someone who reads the word of god like me to tell me I'm married, I can do that anywhere, or I could do it myself, what authority do they have over me and who I choose to marry? I never understood that, what recognition does the lord give to a couple that were married by a court? That's rediculous.  Anyways, I digress.

If I met, say, a muslim, our views would be radically different.  She'd believe things I don't, and vice versa, and it'd just make it hard on us.  It'd never work out.  

If I met a girl who wasn't very religious, and didn't go to chutch, or whatever, that would be a little easier, because at least she wouldn't have conflicting views, but she still wouldn't be involved in a big part of my life, and with me honestly believing in the lord, and honestly believing the lord wants people to strive to do good, etc. and follow his commandments, it'd be hard for me to get along with someone intimately who didn't have those same goals and beliefs.  

Not that I'm any better than someone of a different religion, or who isn't religious, just that we're orientated differently.  I honestly would never fall in love with someone of a different religion, because that's part of what I would fall in love with, their spiritual side.  

I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same as me, too, I think Tech has said in the past he'd prefer to marry a muslim, and honestly, I think that would be awesome.  Even people of other denominations that I don't even believe are true, if they are firm in their convictions, like Tech seems to be, should have families as adamant about their beliefs as they are.  I know that's what I want for my family, and I wouldn't expect any less of Tech, or whoever else has a strong religious orientation, no matter what denomination/religion.  

I'm not saying that it's impossible that I would marry a person of another faith, but It's highly unlikely.  Besides, literally, there are so many latter day saint girls around my area just dying to get married, I really don't think it'll be hard for me to get together with somebody when the times right.  

Peace~

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 10:02:19 PM »
say you met a girl u were madly in love with.  but she was of different religion.  would u still go on with that relationship or not.  Me personally if i was madly in love wit a girl an vis versa,  nutin would come in between that,  not even if she was a different religion.  an if god is all loving like he is made out 2 be he would understand that,  jus how i look at it

Tom... it sounds like your rule in life is.... "If it makes you happy, and feels good, then do it.  God should want it that way."  Yet, you must remember that the more we turn towards that which intoxicates our mind and body, the more we are turning away from Allah.  Till eventually we are completely showing him our ass, and our God instead becomes our own selfish desires.  We are reduced to instinct, nothing more then an animal. 

Muhammad said to his companions, "Think of Allah often, for he is the source of all things."  

"If a man washes himself five times a day, what portion of dirt would still be left on his body...  Not a significant portion.  Likewise we must wash ourselves spiritually by praying 5 times a day."

Now...... to answer your question my first duty is to Allah. Not to a woman.  Islam does allow Muslim men to marry non-Muslim women.  Although, it doesn't allow Muslim men to marry Hindu's, because they have likened many partners with God.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2002, 01:59:48 AM »
who the hell cares what religion she is if you really love her, what kinda question is that?

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2002, 06:38:08 AM »

Tom... it sounds like your rule in life is.... "If it makes you happy, and feels good, then do it.  God should want it that way."  Yet, you must remember that the more we turn towards that which intoxicates our mind and body, the more we are turning away from Allah.  Till eventually we are completely showing him our ass, and our God instead becomes our own selfish desires.  We are reduced to instinct, nothing more then an animal. 

Muhammad said to his companions, "Think of Allah often, for he is the source of all things."  

"If a man washes himself five times a day, what portion of dirt would still be left on his body...  Not a significant portion.  Likewise we must wash ourselves spiritually by praying 5 times a day."

Now...... to answer your question my first duty is to Allah. Not to a woman.  Islam does allow Muslim men to marry non-Muslim women.  Although, it doesn't allow Muslim men to marry Hindu's, because they have likened many partners with God.

how is marrying a girl you love an she loves you intoxicating tha mind

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2002, 10:23:21 AM »
We had this topic before.  Anyway it wouldnt matter much what religion the girl I love is, but it ofcourse would be better if shes Sikh, like Trauma said.  But if i find the girl of my dreams who isnt sikh, its coo

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2002, 01:48:09 PM »
I think it's important because it will cause problems, no matter how much you love that girl.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ROCCY

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2002, 02:53:00 PM »
^ exactly, Religion kinda really matters to me, theres a religion of girls I wouldnt marry, I dont wanna say the Religion cause then I'l be known as racist by some of u, I would take any religion except one..but it would be 100X better if she was my religion....peace

Pillow

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2002, 06:54:18 PM »
the only religion that i would not marry into is a girl that worships the devil