Author Topic: Just read an amazing book  (Read 141 times)

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Just read an amazing book
« on: December 03, 2003, 05:32:42 PM »
A Clockwork Orange.. by Anthony Burgess
I found it amazing like the movie, it has to be one of the best books i've ever read..

I did see the movie first, found it a bit hard to understand, one of those movies you gotta watch at least 3 times lol..
but the book was surprisingly easy to understand. What the goverment did to alex with the music/film treatment was real fucked. Anyways, I loved this book.. and i just thought i'd share how good it was.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Just read an amazing book
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 06:56:16 PM »
Never seen the movie but the book is amazing. One of the best books I've ever read.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

pappy

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 08:45:37 PM »
wiseguys is a great book

JTSimon

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2003, 12:10:18 AM »
Reading books for fun is a waste of time.

Rain03

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a person!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 05:43:20 PM »
great book

i still prefer the film though

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 08:59:48 PM »
I saw the film, didn't do anything for me.  I don't think it's especially clever.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 11:17:17 PM »

I'm just too lazy to start reading any books even magazines take me a while before I'll even open them
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 06:10:20 AM »

I'm just too lazy to start reading any books even magazines take me a while before I'll even open them
i think you guys are probably like me i can't stand reading fiction but if something has actually happenned i'll enjoy reading about it. in the 19 years before this one i read 2 books on my own accord. this year i have read 5 books one on john gotti both jo and salvator bonano's autobiography's, frankie frasiers (mad frank) autobiography and donnie brasco (actually still reading this one). you may notice they are all true crime books which is an area i find very intersting and i appreciate their values as they are the same/similar as i learnt from growing up just mine weren't so extreme.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?