Author Topic: Rest in Peace, Till death do Us Part  (Read 133 times)

Trauma-san

Rest in Peace, Till death do Us Part
« on: October 04, 2002, 06:19:30 AM »
I got a question, and I'm not criticising, just wondering.  

Why do people say rest in peace? Why do people say "till death do us part" when they get married?

I believe that we don't rest in peace.  When we die, our spirit lives on, nothing's resting.  And there's nothing peaceful about worms eating your eyes.  Your body is the only thing resting, and your body's insignificant without the breath of god in it.  Do most people feel the spirit rests when we die?  I mean, I've touched dead bodies, and they're ain't no spirit in them, they ain't even human.  What ever was that person isn't resting, it's gone.

Also, "Till death do us part" ?  When I get married, i'm getting married forever.  Not just because i'm lds, and will get married in a temple, but don't you believe, that when you get married, even after one of you dies, you'll see each other again?  I just don't get that.  I understand that hindus may not believe that, or muslims may not believe that, but it's the christian wedding ceremonies that say "till death do us part", when most christians, I believe, would say that you are married forever, even spiritually after you die. Mormons believe that, and we say "For time and all eternity" in our wedding ceremonies... again, not knocking, just wondering if i'm missing something, or if it's just people go along with it and don't think about it.

What brought it up, was everybody telling Tinman, they hope his dad rests in peace.  I don't! I hope bigboy's up there talking with god right now.  I hope he's getting as much work and opportunity to grow as he wants, and I hope his wings fit properly.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

bez

Re: Rest in Peace, Till death do Us Part
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2002, 06:27:07 AM »
I like the way you think, for me its just too hard to decide what happens. When we sleep we dream so hopefully when we die, we just enter a dream but we never awake.  But there are so many theories and things that could happen to our SPIRIT & SOUL that I could never truely pic 1 in which I believe will happen.

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2002, 06:27:11 AM »
yeaa... i got ur point about "till death do us apart"   ;)

but the thing is.... often when ur partner dies, u'll look for another person to love..
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2002, 07:22:28 AM »
I dunno.  I think if you strongly believe that they are living on somewhere, you'll wait for the day you can meet them again.  

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2002, 07:22:06 AM »
I dunno.  I think if you strongly believe that they are living on somewhere, you'll wait for the day you can meet them again.  

yup yup

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Rest in Peace, Till death do Us Part
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2002, 04:25:33 PM »
good points Trauma...