Author Topic: Royce_Da_59-M.I.C_Mixtape_Vol_1-2003-MoB  (Read 1031 times)

Jome

Re:Royce_Da_59-M.I.C_Mixtape_Vol_1-2003-MoB
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2003, 07:06:09 PM »

Dont call me a groupie then. And I notice how U never answered everyone who was calling U a Groupie.

Truth Hurts

I use underrated artists and outsiders as nick to give them some attention.. no dickriding.
I probably would have done it with Canibus as well, cuz he's underrated as hell.
However, Canibus have a cult-following, praising Canibus to be the greatest/best/sickest/what not etc. MC, and I think that's kinda lame..
I don't wanna add fuel to their fire, though Canibus himself might need it.

Like T'cha mentioned:
M.O.P., Tech N9ne, Lloyd Banks, Royce Da 5'9
Add Pharoahe Monch, how many of these artists get their due props.. ??
Btw, there's of course more artists.. I've just started.

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2003, 07:44:02 PM »
^^^^sorry, i dont think Royce 5'9 is in the same class as the people you just mentioned

SGV

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2003, 08:03:44 PM »
Banks is underrated? LMAO. People call him the future, that's overrated. If the Source is big upping Royce, he's not underrated. Eastsidaz get nothing but love here, they're not underrated.

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2003, 08:17:49 PM »
true dat SGV

SGV

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2003, 08:25:37 PM »
Not to mention Monch is regarded as a top lyricist, I don't think anyone Underrates him. G-Rap is a legend, how is he Underrated or an Outsider? LMAO.

Jome

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2003, 08:37:05 PM »
Banks is underrated? LMAO. People call him the future, that's overrated. If the Source is big upping Royce, he's not underrated. Eastsidaz get nothing but love here, they're not underrated.

Not to mention Monch is regarded as a top lyricist, I don't think anyone Underrates him. G-Rap is a legend, how is he Underrated or an Outsider? LMAO.

When compared to your under the underground artists, they have known names, but to say that they're overrated and gets too much propos.. that's just BS if you compare them with other major acts with much less talent.

^^^^sorry, i dont think Royce 5'9 is in the same class as the people you just mentioned

LOL, Royce is a better MC/lyricist than just about ALL the people I mentioned.
Major publications doesn't call him the complete MC for nothing..
But again, if you have made up your opinion about Royce, I'm not gonna try to change it.

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2003, 08:41:02 PM »
Royce Jome has got nothin to say now, whose dick you hopping on next? last week it was g-unit, this week 5'9.
Next week we could see topics claiming Ja rule is still the best in the game. royce jome is losing credibility fast

Jome

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2003, 08:51:28 PM »
Royce Jome has got nothin to say now, whose dick you hopping on next? last week it was g-unit, this week 5'9.
Next week we could see topics claiming Ja rule is still the best in the game. royce jome is losing credibility fast

It's usually 3-6 weeks, not 1.

Whatever.. I've been saying Royce da 5'9 is tight since "Rock City" in 2001, and even before that..
If you don't like my opinion or Royce da 5'9, try staying the fuck out of the thread!

At least I'm not SGV'ing my opinion down your throat.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 08:52:39 PM by Royce Jome »

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2003, 09:18:45 PM »
ok tough guy

SGV

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2003, 11:25:32 PM »

When compared to your under the underground artists, they have known names, but to say that they're overrated and gets too much propos.. that's just BS if you compare them with other major acts with much less talent.

Banks is overrated, the rest aren't. Monch, G Rap, etc. they deserve more props, but they're faaaaaaaaaaaar from underated.

LMAO @ not SGV'ing your point. You're just saying things like this:

Whatever, yall missing out on some pure raw hiphop..

Royce pretty much CONSUMED Guru, Big Shug and Freddie Foxxx's verses on the "Militia 3" beat.. should DEFINATELY have been on the original..
On Canibus-level, but easier on the ear.. he even shouts Canibus out..

Better than 99.9% of mixtapes. 8)

If my word doesn't cut it, peep what Hiphopsite.com had to say:

Royce Da 5'9 is the perfect of example of what record labels can do to an incredible artist.

Royce possess certain attributes that most emcees lack today---a contagious confidence and ungodly flow (which has gotten even more-refined since Rock City).  Combine that with a tendency to annihilate beats and it undeniably places him in an elevated category only hip-hop's elite can deal with (why another major-label has not scooped him up is a mystery).

Royce accomplishes what he sets out do with this mixtape; continuing to further the buzz for Death Is Certain and prove that he's is as ill as they come.  One thing is for sure, Royce is a star waiting for his break out album, which hopefully will be Death is Certain.

But yea, you're not trying to force your point down someones throat.  ::)

Dogg Sinatra

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2003, 02:01:30 AM »

Royce Da 5'9" is a fuckin' dope MC... I recently bought his "Build & Destroy" mixtape and lyrically he is the only one who can fuck with Eminem just hear a track like "Malcolm X."
Ja Rule and Benzino looked like a couple of clowns when they wanted to battle Em, while Royce destroyed Em and his D-12 crew and made them look like a bunch of 8-year olds.
Listen to tracks like "King of Kings" and "Boom" produced by DJ Premier and you will realise he is one of the illest out there!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 02:03:50 AM by Dogg Sinatra »
"OL' BLUE EYEZ DOGG SINATRA MAKE A NIGGA DISAPPEAR LIKE JIMMY HOFFA..."

"GUESS WHO'S BACK IN THA MUTHAFUCKIN' HOUSE WITH A FAT DICK FOR YOUR MUTHAFUCKIN' MOUTH..."

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2003, 04:12:52 AM »
Why the fuck is he trying to go at Canibus ?
Biss aint dissed him once

Seems 2 me Royce & Jome have something in common
GROUPIES

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2003, 12:53:36 PM »
banks underrated???.........jome c'mon man, even u know thats bullshit dawg, i agree with ya about the other artists to a certain extent thought on the other cats u mentioned, including royce.......but overhyping is jus as bad as a nigga being underrated.........i mean check ya reviews of obie n beg for mercy album.......they are pretty weak man imo......giving beg for mercy 4.5 or sumthing outta 5 mics.......is some of the craziest shit i heard...........u know everyone makes mistakes or are wrong at time, u jus gotta accept when u are, check yaself and move on

peace

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2003, 01:56:59 PM »
well said Lyrical G.

Jome- beware of STDs, they are a consequence of Dick-Hopping

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2003, 03:49:51 PM »

At least I'm not SGV'ing my opinion down your throat.

LMAO!!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin