Author Topic: Legal action for banning gays?  (Read 152 times)

ILL-Logic-AL

Legal action for banning gays?
« on: December 07, 2003, 01:32:25 PM »
Mayor facing legal action for banning gays

A controversial Brazilian mayor is being sued by human rights workers after he signed a decree banning homosexuals from living in his town.

Mayor Elcio Berti, of Bocaivua do Sul, said he decided to act after hearing an interview with a gay man who wanted to live in the town.

He told Folha de Sao Paulo newspaper: "I need to increase the population, by encouraging people to have kids, not with troublemakers.

"When I was a kid I used to live amongst criminals but even so they were all real men."

Human rights activist Toni Reis said that lawyers working for his Dignity Group were suing the mayor.

Mayor Berti was in the news last month because he announced that aliens were going to land during a Brazil v Peru football match.

He claims to be in regular touch with aliens and says they are helping to fund a UFO landing pad he's building in the town.

The mayor first hit the headlines when he issued a decree banning all birth control methods in Bocaiuva do Sul to try and boost the number of pregnancies to increase federal funding.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Re:Legal action for banning gays?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 05:04:30 AM »
^^

Most people will be pleased then at the prospect of the upcoming Queen's speech then when she officially accepts gays and gay marriages...

...to which they are finally allowed to be married in a church etc...no useless blessings...and all partners will be entitled the rights that heterosexual partners are...

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 08:04:00 AM »
^^That's been possible here for several years now. I do have my reservations about it though.To me the idea of two guys getting married and stuff is a little  :-X

Good thing for those people to be happily married though.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Smoke

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 02:05:30 PM »
^^

Most people will be pleased then at the prospect of the upcoming Queen's speech then when she officially accepts gays and gay marriages...

...to which they are finally allowed to be married in a church etc...no useless blessings...and all partners will be entitled the rights that heterosexual partners are...

That's stupid, ImO. I mean to celebrate homosexual marriages in a Church. wtf? This shit could only happens in UK or USA. No disrespect, but it's just the Church thing who i aint feeling. I mean catholic and christian religion isnt pro-homosexuals. It's impossible to marriage them in a real Church. Civil rights are one thing, religious rights are TOTALLY another thing, ImO. If you disagree with the original catholic and christian religion, then just dont marry your homosexual partner in a Church! That's not the end of the world, is it?

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 12:34:10 AM »
Sorry Siavash...lookz like yur gettin banned.  ;D

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 09:18:59 PM »
thats one fucked up mayor