Author Topic: Should 9/11 Be Represented by a National Holiday??  (Read 509 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Should 9/11 Be Represented by a National Holid
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2002, 03:19:20 AM »
Pearl Harbor didn't get a national holiday and eventhough 9-11 hit us way harder, I don't think it will become one either.

I wouldn't mind, I could always use another day off lol
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Pillow

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2002, 09:34:51 PM »
We'll all forget about it in about 5 years anyways.  Ain't no thang.  I say no holiday, don't even make a big deal about it.  

damn darth i got respect for u and everyting but fuck dude, that has to be the most outragous comment i have ever seen u post on here before, that sounds like something that would come outta techs mouth, not urs. no one will EVER forget this event.....it didnt effect me in any direct personal way but ever since it happend i have thought about it EVERY single damn day and how sad the famliys must be that lost ppl in that attack and how fuckin sick those terrorists are...no american will forget dog...i am suprised u said that. and no i dont think there should be a holiday but a memorial remeberance type thing....something major should happen like this year or bigger.

infinite59

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2002, 10:15:25 PM »

damn darth i got respect for u and everyting but fuck dude, that has to be the most outragous comment i have ever seen u post on here before, that sounds like something that would come outta techs mouth, not urs. no one will EVER forget this event.....it didnt effect me in any direct personal way but ever since it happend i have thought about it EVERY single damn day and how sad the famliys must be that lost ppl in that attack and how fuckin sick those terrorists are...no american will forget dog...i am suprised u said that. and no i dont think there should be a holiday but a memorial remeberance type thing....something major should happen like this year or bigger.

Trauma's ignorant.  He only thinks about himself and his family.  Anything else ain't important to him.

Woodrow

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2002, 08:01:51 AM »

Trauma's ignorant.  He only thinks about himself and his family.  Anything else ain't important to him.

I've never met the guy, but from the limited interaction I've had with him on the board, this is false.

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2002, 10:34:05 AM »
Yeah, we'll all forget about it.  Most people don't remember tragedies, and dwell on them forever.  Look back on your life, do you remember the worst days of your life? Hell no, you just remember the good times.  At least that's how I am.  I don't remember the date of the columbine massacre, I don't remember the date of pearl Harbor, I don't remember the date John Benet Ramsey was murdered, I don't remember the date we bombed afganistan for the first time, I don't remember the date we bombed hiroshima, I don't remember the date diana died, I don't remember the day Elvis died, LOL.  I don't remember tragedy, and I just don't think we'll remember this too much.  Of course the date is an acronym (911) so maybe that'll make it easier.  Don't call me outrageous, or ignorant just because I'm a positive person who doesn't dwell on the tragedies of the past.  

Pillow

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2002, 08:43:20 PM »
Yeah, we'll all forget about it.  Most people don't remember tragedies, and dwell on them forever.  Look back on your life, do you remember the worst days of your life? Hell no, you just remember the good times.  At least that's how I am.  I don't remember the date of the columbine massacre, I don't remember the date of pearl Harbor, I don't remember the date John Benet Ramsey was murdered, I don't remember the date we bombed afganistan for the first time, I don't remember the date we bombed hiroshima, I don't remember the date diana died, I don't remember the day Elvis died, LOL.  I don't remember tragedy, and I just don't think we'll remember this too much.  Of course the date is an acronym (911) so maybe that'll make it easier.  Don't call me outrageous, or ignorant just because I'm a positive person who doesn't dwell on the tragedies of the past.  

well just to qualify one thing up with u, yes, i do remeber the worst days of my life. i have had 2, the day my dad died and the day my uncle died

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2002, 12:55:06 AM »
I agree 100% with bpg

Yup. It's a stupid idea