Author Topic: High Definiton Television. HDTV. any of u got it.  (Read 233 times)

We Fly High

High Definiton Television. HDTV. any of u got it.
« on: December 08, 2003, 01:12:10 PM »
i just signed up for HDTV today, and i am on the waiting list. i guess theres been huge demand for these boxes, and they are in limited supply.anybody on this forum has seen or have this shit at home?
but if you're wondering what hdtv is.

High-definition television is a high-resolution digital wide screen TV format. A high-definition TV signal has twice the color resolution and imparts a picture that is six times sharper than that provided by a traditional analog TV set. HDTV likewise provides enhanced audio, such as Dolby Digital.

HDTV basically makes tv look like real life. i hear the picture detail is absolutely insane. only a few channels broadcast in hdtv though, but in a few years, all the channels will be . as of now, they have like abc,cbs, discovery channel, espn, hbo, and a few other big ones. so that should definitely be legit. seriously though, i couldnt imagine watching discovery channel on hdtv. that shit would be nuts.

all that on this tv that i just got. 51" baby.

"Hi-Definition reaches new heights with the 16:9 Hi-Scan 1080i™ Display featured in Sony’s KP-51WS510 51" 16:9 Hi-Scan® Projection Television. See the difference Sony features make as you witness precise focus and sharpness as a result of our HD Microfocus™ CRT and Lens. In addition, Digital Reality Creation™ Circuitry produces amazing picture resolution for your viewing pleasure. Adjust size and placement of side-by-side P&P with MID™ X Circuitry to watch two programs at once. More features include Manual and Flash Focus® Convergence for precise and accurate adjustment, TruSurround® SRS® Audio (20W x 2) for explosive sound, and DVI-HDTV Input which secures access to High Definition content. Elevate your entertainment experience with the KP-51WS510. "
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 01:19:28 PM by justin718 »

budsmokeronly

Re:High Definiton Television. HDTV. any of u got it.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 01:51:27 PM »
lemme ask how you mutha fuckas afford all this shit?

I see young ass fools on here like 16 years old talking bout how they just picked up 4 cd's, 4 dvd's and 2 video games.  Some of yall fools got like every video game system invented, or hundreds of dvd's, 6 fuckin computers, thousand dollar digi cams.  man what the fuck do yall do for a living?  How many of yall straight moochin off your parents?

Ain't you just gettin in college dogg?  How da fuck do you afford to buy a 51" high definition TV while you are a college student?  I just don't fuckin get it.  Share some advice or something dogg, how do you afford something like this?

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 01:56:49 PM »
HDTV is amazing...but i dont watch enough tv to pay that much for it.

We Fly High

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 03:15:29 PM »
this is what i did :

i turned one type of green into a much better type of green

i thought you were down with da hustle.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 04:18:03 PM by justin718 »

budsmokeronly

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 04:20:16 PM »
I am down with the hustle but shit man I got bills to pay, rent, insurance, gas, food, alchohol, all that shit adds up.  ain't no way I can afford a 51 inch HDTV.  Just curious how much did it cost?

We Fly High

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 04:26:49 PM »
it was like 2g'z retail at circuit city, but i had a friend working there, so he was able to bust a huge employee discount, which got it down to 13hun. like approximately 40% discount, so that helped a shitload.

yeah i feel you on the bills.
my parents help me out with the rent and tuition to keep me in school. but i just gotta pay for everything else, like gas, food, utilities, & whatever i need to buy (clothes,music,etc).

im supposedly working at a "university owned 'off campus' bookstore"

budsmokeronly

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 04:57:57 PM »
yeah anyways on the subject of the TV:

I never seen one, but I have heard about them.  A lot of places nowadays you cannot even use them.  but the government is talking about changing the cable so that everyone would have to buy a HDTV  if they wanted to watch cable tv, or satelite, or whatever the fuck you got.  I really can't imagine that it would be THAT much better, but then again I am not the type of person that  notices small details.  this regular tv shit we got now is plenty good enough for me as it is right now, shit ain't nothin ever good on tv anyways besides sports, I don't watch nothin but sports, so I don't care that much.  where my parents live right now in northern cali, if they got a HDTV they would be able to watch maybe 2 channels at most.

$2000 TV!  with a $700 discount, thats a hell of a discount, and a good opportunity.  Me personally, I would not pay that much money for a tv unless I owned a house, at least 1 car, had some life savings, and was making over $60,000 a year.  but thats me and I'm a cheap ass sonofabitch and I would rather spend my money on a lot of other things.  but whatever, each man to his own, its all good.  It should work well together w/ the 3 oz of keif, LOL.  I hope you enjoy it.

Eazy-E RuthlessG

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 05:16:34 PM »
well 2,000 aint that much cuz thats a bout how much a computer costs with way more qualities to it but not a 51 inch but the moniters get big and top of the line pcs could cost that much but um o well all these rich people wont be rich for long.....cuz just wait till God comes and takes us...oh how the heavens will be and sum of these rich people wont have time to repent and ask for forgiveness, lol i sound stupid, but im not and believe me people r gonna burn in hell and be cast into the lake of fire and theres people right now burning for eternity so times running out and hells not nice u should read this book "The Divine Revalation Of Hell" tells u all about it on how a girl fasted for 40 days and God took her down there to show her what hell was like and made her write this book and its tru cuz the shit she says about God aint bullshit and it says sum of that in the bible of what she says but it talks about hell and shits scary so,..... anyways i dont know how the hell i jumped from plasma tvs to hell lol well theres sum advice

JTSimon

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 05:23:05 PM »
I'll buy your tv at a police auction after someone drops a dime on you.

;D

Don't mess with my TV though.
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=KDE61XBRKIT&CategoryName=tv_FlatPanelTVs_XBR&DCMP=DEALTIME_DF&HQS=KDE61XBRKIT

61" XBR® Plasma WEGA High Definition Television
KDE-61XBR950
Change the way you experience television with Sony XBR® Plasma WEGA High Definition TV. Its floating glass panel design will seduce your senses as you enjoy stunning picture enhancement.
STAND NOT INCLUDED

PreOrder your 61" Plasma Wega Today!  
$ 19,999.99
as low as $500.00/ mo
Financing Details

The sad part is you spent 20 g's on a tv and they don't even include the stand ::)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 05:51:52 PM by Max Powers »

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 05:52:27 PM »
My gay ass cable company only has 4 HDTV channels so it aint worth shit.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 07:19:08 PM »
my dad has a 42'' HDTV Widescreen TV with Bell Express Vue HD Terminal with recording ability, don't live with him though....he's also not rich just likes tv alot. We got 3 tvs here, a RCA 27'' another RCA 20 some incher from a really long time ago with a whole 1 speaker but it has better bass then the new rca??? and my brother has some 13'' old piece of shit my sisters boyfriend gave him.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 07:20:11 PM by Ganja God »
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Don Breezio

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2003, 07:24:37 PM »
well 2,000 aint that much cuz thats a bout how much a computer costs with way more qualities to it but not a 51 inch but the moniters get big and top of the line pcs could cost that much but um o well all these rich people wont be rich for long.....cuz just wait till God comes and takes us...oh how the heavens will be and sum of these rich people wont have time to repent and ask for forgiveness, lol i sound stupid, but im not and believe me people r gonna burn in hell and be cast into the lake of fire and theres people right now burning for eternity so times running out and hells not nice u should read this book "The Divine Revalation Of Hell" tells u all about it on how a girl fasted for 40 days and God took her down there to show her what hell was like and made her write this book and its tru cuz the shit she says about God aint bullshit and it says sum of that in the bible of what she says but it talks about hell and shits scary so,..... anyways i dont know how the hell i jumped from plasma tvs to hell lol well theres sum advice

::) ::) fuckin bible thumpers...you all piss me off

Hittman2001

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2003, 07:28:57 PM »
my dad has it, the tuner was built in the tv he bought.  its pretty nice   ;D

funkstylz

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2003, 11:50:34 PM »
we just got the new model of wide screen jvc hdtv's , they convert every signal to 1080i so no matter what ur getting hdtv,  thru cable,  dvd , satellite u name it ur gonna get high def picture , pretty cool eh?

We Fly High

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2003, 01:46:21 AM »
damn thats pretty crazy it converts every signal..
im not sure if mine does that.. maybe it will once i get the hdtv tuner..