Author Topic: Commercialization of 9-11  (Read 334 times)

Woodrow

Commercialization of 9-11
« on: September 11, 2002, 06:29:26 PM »
I've been watching Fox news, CNN, and all the other various news channels on and off throughout the day, and for some reason, all the coverage of 9-11 seems trite and cheesy to me... It seems like the media is trivializing the whole event with the excessive coverage. It’s fucked up because I know that 9/11 is the most important event of our generation, so I really don’t know where these feelings are coming from. It seems like no amount of coverage is going to bring closure to the people still grieving and affected personally by the attacks. In fact, the more coverage I see, the more it makes my blood boil. It seems like the reporters don’t care about emotions or helping people, just ratings… I miss the days when Reporters would do just that: Report. I don’t need 50 anchors telling me what to think or how to feel. I’d rather they just report the news, and let me decide on my own how to feel. It seems like they are trying to be my Parent, my friend, my teacher, spiritual advisor and countless other roles...

There was only one program that I did watch all the way through. 60 mins 2. The reason I liked this one, is because they didn’t try and shove anything down your throat, they just let the people in charge on 9-11 talk… It was much better than any other coverage I’ve seen.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Trauma-san

Re: Commercialization of 9-11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2002, 07:00:53 PM »
They do this with everything.  Basically, the media is outside of your world.  Your world consists of you, your family, and a few close friends... what the media, or anyone outside of your world thinks about anything is irrelevant.  That's why I don't even watch T.V. anymore... because my friends and my family and I don't talk about the crap on t.v., it's not interesting to us.  In MY world, what's important is our common interests; my mom likes to go to auctions, so I talk about that with her.  My brother has fun at school, so we talk about that... my other brother works (like me) and restores cars, so we talk about that. My best girlfriend and me talk about religion, and growing up, because that's what we're interested in right now.  None of us think 9-11 is anything to celebrate, or get all bent out of shape about, so we don't really talk about it too much.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2002, 07:14:27 PM »
When it first happened and people were capitalizing off the sales of flags and other American symbols were disgusting. And the media is just milking this for what it's worth. I mean it's their duty to report, don't get me wrong, but that's how I feel about their coverage.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2002, 07:55:32 PM »
^ Word, I mean its cool to report, and have a lil thing for the incident.  BUt this shits been running all day, its 2 unnessessary really..peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Nature of the Threat!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2002, 09:18:46 PM »
I've been watching Fox news, CNN, and all the other various news channels on and off throughout the day, and for some reason, all the coverage of 9-11 seems trite and cheesy to me... It seems like the media is trivializing the whole event with the excessive coverage. It’s fucked up because I know that 9/11 is the most important event of our generation, so I really don’t know where these feelings are coming from. It seems like no amount of coverage is going to bring closure to the people still grieving and affected personally by the attacks. In fact, the more coverage I see, the more it makes my blood boil. It seems like the reporters don’t care about emotions or helping people, just ratings… I miss the days when Reporters would do just that: Report. I don’t need 50 anchors telling me what to think or how to feel. I’d rather they just report the news, and let me decide on my own how to feel. It seems like they are trying to be my Parent, my friend, my teacher, spiritual advisor and countless other roles...

There was only one program that I did watch all the way through. 60 mins 2. The reason I liked this one, is because they didn’t try and shove anything down your throat, they just let the people in charge on 9-11 talk… It was much better than any other coverage I’ve seen.

Noticably, America media thinks it fashionable and trend-fullfilling to laboriously, over-saturate the market with physical discussions of the attacks on the World Trade Centers.  When we need to be probing at the historical and psychological developments that lead to the Sept. 11th attacks, and corresponding aggression.  We need to get at the root of evil.  And like James Redfield describes in the "Celestine Prophecies"; the malignant roots to all of life's conflict, on government and interpersonal relations: Is a struggle for power and control.  

To end this never-ending struggle for power we must all refuse to gain leverage at anothers expense.  When we become conscience of the history and truth behind conflict, we will evolve past the more salient, naive attempts to "rid the world of evil" through revenge, manipulation, and oppression.

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea

Instant_Killa

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2002, 06:45:06 AM »
word to infinite^^ that shit is true

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2002, 08:35:42 AM »
Well, at least the media over saturated an important event.  Does anybody else remember when Diana died? OMG I couldn't believe that shit all the TV channels were off, all sports were cancelled, the radio dedicated sad songs to her all the time, everything stopped for her.  I was like fuck off bitch.  She was a fucking hoe who married a Prince and she gets all this.  And then Mother Theresa died two weeks later and the media here didn't give a shit.  

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2002, 10:55:23 AM »
Well, at least the media over saturated an important event.  Does anybody else remember when Diana died? OMG I couldn't believe that shit all the TV channels were off, all sports were cancelled, the radio dedicated sad songs to her all the time, everything stopped for her.  I was like fuck off bitch.  She was a fucking hoe who married a Prince and she gets all this.  And then Mother Theresa died two weeks later and the media here didn't give a shit.  

Yeah, I remember that...

It was intresting, but I saw a poll and it said that people from the UK belive that the death of Diana is the most important event of the century...

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20020831-22077556.htm

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2002, 01:24:39 AM »
I remember reading that, it's dumbbecause it makes no difference who our King or Queen is

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2002, 01:57:45 AM »

Man that really pissed me off. Mother Teresa hardly got any media coverage and she did so much good. Such a shame.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2002, 02:53:09 AM »
THe more the media covers something, the more important people think it is.  If no media covered 9/11, nobody would regard it as important.  Thats why people think Dianas death is important because it got rammed down our throats.