Author Topic: Jin's First Single Is Horrible!  (Read 743 times)

SGV

Jin's First Single Is Horrible!
« on: December 12, 2003, 08:13:10 PM »
Aside from the dope Das Efx sample, thanks to Wyclef, that song HAS NOTHING GOOD coming from it. Jin said he wasn't going to use his being Chinese as a gimmick, well guess what, you just did buddy. I'm sure it was Ruff Ryders' idea, but still, Jin should've had more respect for himself than that. He's just another gimmick rapper now. Good job.

The song itself was horrible. His flow was shitty. He wasn't saying anything spectacular. He ruined a classic beat.

One question. What is so hot about this line: "Look at yo timbs they probably say made in China." How is that hot?

We Fly High

Re:Jin's First Single Is Horrible!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 08:21:06 PM »
yeah i dunno, he was taking the asian/chinese thing too far. and what kinda song is called "yall going to learn chinese". pretty wack name of a song.
im an asian guy, and i wasnt likikin it too much.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 08:33:24 PM »

One question. What is so hot about this line: "Look at yo timbs they probably say made in China." How is that hot?

???  man that one line killed the other dude in that battle they were having...cuz the other guy was talkin shit bout chinese people...

SGV

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 09:03:06 PM »
^^So becuase your people made his shoes for like .04 an hour, that's gonna hurt somebody? LMAO. I'd clown. That's like me saying: Yo check ya shirt, I bet it says made in Honduras!

I just killed someone.  ::)

Jome

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 11:01:27 PM »
I have yet to hear a dope track from Jin..  :-X

West C. Connected

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 02:53:55 AM »
Learn Chinese -> My Name Is ;)
Jin - I Don't Know
Jin - Gimmick
Most people love those tracks.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 05:50:21 AM »
Nobody is able to come tight over this beat after Dray and Skoob killed their self-production 8) But I don't think this track is too bad. It's his first single, and often first singles are not that dope ("Change Clothes"), we'll see how the album will be.

SGV

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 11:42:37 AM »
Nobody is able to come tight over this beat after Dray and Skoob killed their self-production 8) But I don't think this track is too bad. It's his first single, and often first singles are not that dope ("Change Clothes"), we'll see how the album will be.
I don't think that's a reason. Plenty of first singles have been tight.

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2003, 11:47:53 AM »
^^So becuase your people made his shoes for like .04 an hour, that's gonna hurt somebody? LMAO. I'd clown. That's like me saying: Yo check ya shirt, I bet it says made in Honduras!

I just killed someone.  ::)

lmao...yeah dude cuz theres really a whole lot of tags that say made in honduras.  :o , c'mon...that line was hot, if the dude is making fun of chinese people why not use it against him? shit i would if i were chinese. the problem with this statement (so because your ppl made shoes for like .04 an hour...) is that you are thinking too much on it...it was a freestyle...you're not supposed to analyze the shit man.

SGV

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2003, 11:51:14 AM »

lmao...yeah dude cuz theres really a whole lot of tags that say made in honduras.  :o , c'mon...that line was hot, if the dude is making fun of chinese people why not use it against him? shit i would if i were chinese. the problem with this statement (so because your ppl made shoes for like .04 an hour...) is that you are thinking too much on it...it was a freestyle...you're not supposed to analyze the shit man.
Actually, there is. Shirts is one of Honduras' biggest exports. Explain how that makes him better than a person? I made your shoes, what up! LOL. Not even analyizing it. Just listening to it, I thought it was mad corny.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2003, 11:51:24 AM »
I don't think that's a reason. Plenty of first singles have been tight.

My first comment was kinda ironic and in the last one I said "often", which isn't the same as "every time". But I only meant that it would be nothing new that a single is totally different from the rest of the album, so we'll still have to wait and see whether the album tops the single or not.

SGV

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2003, 11:55:25 AM »

My first comment was kinda ironic and in the last one I said "often", which isn't the same as "every time". But I only meant that it would be nothing new that a single is totally different from the rest of the album, so we'll still have to wait and see whether the album tops the single or not.
I have my doubts of this kid. I decided to give him a chance, since I labeled him as a Battle Rapper. Well, he didn't wow me on the "I Get High" Remix. Then he made this song, now I have no faith. He still seems like a Battle Rapper who can't make a song. Swizz Beats should bring Cassidy over to Ruff Ryders, they should drop Drag-On and Jin, build the label around Cassidy.

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2003, 11:56:22 AM »

Actually, there is. Shirts is one of Honduras' biggest exports. Explain how that makes him better than a person? I made your shoes, what up! LOL. Not even analyizing it. Just listening to it, I thought it was mad corny.

the first thing that pops into most peoples heads though is not "oh thats dumb you made his shoes haha"...its "damn that line killed". thats why you dont like that line...you're thinkin outside of the box....quit god dammit! lol j/p

SGV

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2003, 11:57:37 AM »

the first thing that pops into most peoples heads though is not "oh thats dumb you made his shoes haha"...its "damn that line killed". thats why you dont like that line...you're thinkin outside of the box....quit god dammit! lol j/p
That's my box! LOL. Really though. What makes that line hot? I don't see it. Explain why that killed him.

West C. Connected

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2003, 12:59:32 PM »
That's my box! LOL. Really though. What makes that line hot? I don't see it. Explain why that killed him.

C'mon, if everyone was like that freestyle battles would take hours and then people would say ".....................................................Okay, it was a good line." :-\

The joke is supposed to be that he's insulting Jin because he's Chinese, while he's wearing shoes made by Chinese. ;) There's supposed to be irony in that. Get it nooooow?