Author Topic: daymm, Mack 10's definitely tha weakest link in WSC  (Read 727 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
daymm, Mack 10's definitely tha weakest link in WSC
« on: December 13, 2003, 11:41:10 AM »
aiight I finally listened 2 this shit...

pretty solid album...but ain't touchin tha legacy of tha 1st one...but still solid...production's coo...on lights out tho, I liked tha original piano tones they had on tha promo single thing....

anyway, mack 10 has alwayz been pretty weak 2 me....especially on this one....Ice Cube > 1 of tha best who ever did it, still doin it...WC > talk about style, lights tha track up every time...Mack 10 > usually off beat, talking type of flow, lyrics aint all that neither...and ofcourse he stole his name from MAC 10 from TOTALLY INSANE, my big homies strate OG ass muthafucaz outta East Palo Alto, west bay area....they done released shit way before MACK 10's fruity ass.....

oh yea...and lol @ Ice Cube sayin like my nigga Mack says PIMP stands for "Put it in my Pocket" mannn......dat shit rite there comes from LIL CS outta DAGO.....don't get it twisted....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

SGV

Re:daymm, Mack 10's definitely tha weakest link in WSC
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 11:46:57 AM »
Mack 10 suprised me with how weak he came. On all of his features he's been ripping it, but this album he came weak. For real though, this album was weak, IMO. Nobody really had great verses. Not even Dub. I was real dissapointed by this shit.

BTW, there was a Mac Ten in Thug Life, too. There's a Mac Tenn in Memphis.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2003, 11:48:15 AM by SGV Not SVG or SUV »

Kaidy

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 11:48:27 AM »
Yea he's easily the weakest link, but I don't think thats ever been disputed. I'm not really a Mack 10 fan anymore but I still think he did okay on the album, Cube tore everyone up though.

I think the differences between the three styles were more noticable on this album. On the first one they merged a lot better, but I think on the new one they were three separate entities.

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 12:17:25 PM »
I agree except for (I think) his verses on Potential Victims, he ripped that shit.....But overall, not really feelin the Mack One-O

budsmokeronly

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 12:48:07 PM »
yeah the wsc was really dissapointing compared to bow down, but its still one of the best releases of the year (but thats not saying anything good at all, cause this year sucked)

I have always liked mack 10.  Sure he isn't as good as WC or Cube, but Mack can still spit fire.  I still like him.  I think nowadays he raps better than snoop, daz, kurupt, soopafly, E-white, 50 cent, RBX, and more that this forum luvs.

Diabolical

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 12:56:25 PM »
I thought he came good on Terrorist Threats
im lovin the whole album 8)

Smoke

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2003, 03:18:12 PM »
mc ren would be perfect.

Yeah! Dr.Dre, Ice Cube, MC Ren and WC. NWA2! Talking about resurrecting the West... Let's make an album with those 4 in it, and it will go 10x platinum! (with Dre and Cube's promotion!)

West C. Connected

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 03:28:30 PM »
I always thought he was the most boring MC from the Westside Connection since Bow Down because his voice and flow is so boring. Ice Cube has a great delivery and WC's different than most MC's too, but Mack 10 sounds so much like every other rapper.  :-\

Diabolical

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2003, 03:30:56 PM »
that would b tite

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2003, 07:08:03 PM »
i like mack 10...and i dont like all this talk about being weakest link.....westside connection is mack10, Cube and Wc and Nobody else >:(....if you ask me ;)

budsmokeronly

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2003, 07:14:42 PM »
i like mack 10...and i dont like all this talk about being weakest link.....westside connection is mack10, Cube and Wc and Nobody else >:(....if you ask me ;)

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2003, 08:17:17 PM »
I can almost guarantee that if Mack 10 was to drop an album tomorrow, most of the people talking down on him in the thread will be breaking the store doors down to get the album.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2003, 08:27:12 PM »
I think the differences between the three styles were more noticable on this album. On the first one they merged a lot better, but I think on the new one they were three separate entities.

Yeah I noticed that too, the chemistry was better on the first album. Cube is still the best one doing it despite all the movies hes done since Bow Down
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2003, 10:08:38 PM »
Ice Cube is the franchise of westside connection, he is the strongest link, his voice is so hard and original

WC has a unique flow too, top notch lyrics too just like cube

mack 10 sounds too bland and always has BUT he fits in perfectly with them, dont get it twisted, mack 10 aint half bad, but lets just say that i only own his first 2 albums only, thats how much i think the old mack 10 was way better

overall terrorist threats wasnt classic but it wasnt weak either, sure this album isnt touching Bow Down but that was 1996 when these guys were untouchable, they tried to bring that westside attitude and they almost had it except for a few songs that I skip
they definitely released one of the best westcoast albums this year though

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2003, 02:03:53 AM »

I have always liked mack 10.  Sure he isn't as good as WC or Cube, but Mack can still spit fire.  I still like him.  I think nowadays he raps better than snoop, daz, kurupt, soopafly, E-white, 50 cent, RBX, and more that this forum luvs.
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"