Author Topic: I may have underestimated George Bush's intelligence...  (Read 167 times)

infinite59

I may have underestimated George Bush's intelligence...
« on: December 15, 2003, 03:45:18 PM »
I was watching Bush's speach on television today.  Yes, he has some speach problems; but I no longer think he is dumb.  This man is VERY smart.  He has many clever people behind him who work around the clock to improve upon his image; but this only works because Bush can hold his own when it comes down to it.

Bush has set up his 2004 campaign magnificently.  He has set it up so perfectly, that campaign analysts were picking up on Howard Dean's solemn tone when speaking on the capture of Sadaam Hussien.  Dean was dissapointed because this will hurt his chances of defeating Bush, but after yesterday it was even more easy to characterize Dean as being "Unpatriotic", and "sympathetic to Sadaam and those terrorists!"

Another case in point is George Bush's statements that, "Those who gave their blood and died to liberate Iraq, those countries deserve the contracts to rebiuld Iraq."  Dean and other Democrats oppose this because they want the occupation to have an international face rather than an American.  But Bush and the Republicans could so easily manipulate the stance taken by the Democrats as once again being "unpatriotic".  The line of the Republican's goes... "The Democrats are so worried about France, Germany, and Russia getting in on the deal; but Bush's only concern is that the American's are rewarded for the brave work they've done in liberating Iraq."

Bush has set this campaign up magnificiently.  He has fooled the world into believing that not only was Sadaam producing weapons of mass destruction but that he also played a role in 9-11.  Anyone who detracts against Bush is viewed as sympathetic to so-called "terrorists".  

Sometimes you got to give the devil his due.  Bush may have very well secured the 2004 campaign.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 03:50:38 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

Trauma-san

Re:I may have underestimated George Bush's intelligence...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 03:57:12 PM »
I agree with most of your evaluation, but I honestly believe Bush thought Saddam had wmd.  Remember, Clinton also said in office that Saddam had WMD, and the United Nations also passed 17 resolutions stating that Saddam illegally had WMD.  

I never understood why people thought Bush was an idiot.  He's clearly very intelligent.  He has a country attitude and mannerisms, and unfortunately, people often mistake that for a lack of intelligence.  They don't understand the culture he grew up in, so they think he's an excusable idiot.  I think most of America connects with his 'shoot it to them straight' mannerisms, though.  

infinite59

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 04:08:48 PM »
I agree with most of your evaluation, but I honestly believe Bush thought Saddam had wmd.  Remember, Clinton also said in office that Saddam had WMD, and the United Nations also passed 17 resolutions stating that Saddam illegally had WMD.  

I never understood why people thought Bush was an idiot.  He's clearly very intelligent.  He has a country attitude and mannerisms, and unfortunately, people often mistake that for a lack of intelligence.  They don't understand the culture he grew up in, so they think he's an excusable idiot.  I think most of America connects with his 'shoot it to them straight' mannerisms, though.  

Yep, and actually that's what a lot of people love about him is that they like his "cowboy swagger", they say he "shoots from the hip."  And people want to say that all he does is reads what other people right for him... that's not true all the time, there's no way to prepare for every word to every one of those questions.  He is truely "shooting from the hip" with some of those answers.  And he knocks those questions out of the park, people eat it up.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 04:10:22 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 04:50:11 PM »
nizzle pleeze.. my interlectual property is about the size of greece, bush cant fuck wit these  8)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 08:15:37 PM »

Yep, and actually that's what a lot of people love about him is that they like his "cowboy swagger", they say he "shoots from the hip."  And people want to say that all he does is reads what other people right for him... that's not true all the time, there's no way to prepare for every word to every one of those questions.  He is truely "shooting from the hip" with some of those answers.  And he knocks those questions out of the park, people eat it up.

Yes, exactly.  See, now that you can acurately asess Bush for what he is, your criticism of him will be more effective.  People that call him an idiot are incorrect from the first premise.  

JTSimon

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 09:07:43 PM »
Can someone let Bush know its much better not more better.[/i]

What a dumbass ;D

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2003, 12:54:35 AM »
^ can someone tell all them brits it's called buttER , not butta!

::)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2003, 06:23:56 AM »
I've always thought someone who ridicules a man for speech impedements is shallow.  Real intellects aren't shallow.  I've also always placed more value on common sense over 'book' learning.  Some of these motherfuckers can't even tell if Saddam Hussein is a bad guy or not.  If that's intelligence, I don't want in.