Author Topic: Affirmative Action Bake Sale!!!!!  (Read 1102 times)

Trauma-san

Re:Affirmative Action Bake Sale!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2003, 05:23:59 PM »
Affirmative Action = New Racism

How's it new racism when it's been around for 38 years. The debate is heating up because the U.S. is more conservative. Personally, in California, Affirmative Action is dead, and yet in 1999, 3 years after it was taken out, I still got accepted into California schools. So really, what you guys are doing is making a law that's been in the book for almost 4 decades now, look like it's the only way minorities get placed into college. Many minorities earn their spot into colleges, and work hard to get there. It is you that cheapens everything, for you fail to realize this, and chalk it up as Affirmative Action.

LOL we're not the ones cheapening anything! I'm just stating what affirmative action is! It's affirmative action ITSELF that denegrates minorities, and you go to school in a college that supports it!

dexter

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2003, 05:31:31 PM »
AA wuz started by Nixon!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2003, 05:35:22 PM »
A  college that's 96% white!!!! LMAO

Every minority here had an SAT of at least 1200, and a GPA average of 3.6. And every year, more minorities are accepted, and each year the classes have higher standards. This college is not an Affirmative Action school, it's a Christian Private school, that is very conservative. When Pat Buchanan came here, he loved it here. That's way I came here, and not go to a school in California, for the change in views. After being here 4 years, I can honestly say, I don't like it... lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2003, 05:39:18 PM »
How do I know your school doesn't support affirmative action?  You're in a state that has it as an official policy.  And you got some balls talking about how hard life is and shit, when you're going to a fucking private school 2000 miles from home, lol.  

JTSimon

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2003, 05:48:27 PM »
This shit is so fucking old...like 3 years old.

Comparing affirmative action to cookies ;) Trauma only you can defend it.

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2003, 05:49:15 PM »
LOL please, you're not worth the breath.  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2003, 05:50:06 PM »
Yeah, and over 30,000 dollars in loans. lol. Check my finances sometimes, my grandkids will be still be paying my loans. It's worth every penny though. And trust, this school, when I was accepted at least, had no Affirmative Action policy. And what, because I am in school in Minnesota that means I got in because of Affirmative Action. Dispite the fact I got accepted in schools in California, a state that got rid of Affirmative Action, that means that I'm still a product of AA. You are a tool for conservative issues everywhere. Get a role model or something, and stop bashing others for their hardwork. Learn to accept that people don't need your great white man help to do things on their own. The money that I'm in debt is nothing to me. I've been in debt since birth, and I'll be in debt through out life with house payments, car payment, college loans, credit cards, so honestly, it doesn't even matter to me. I'm doing mine, I'm sure you are doing yours. Just learn that minorities can do without AA, hell, there are all kinds of minorities in college in California, there's no Affirmative Action there. Though you would like to believe that.

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2003, 05:51:35 PM »
M Dogg, you're missing the point I'm trying to stab you with.

I didn't say that minorities need AA.  AA says minorities need AA.  

Get it?  Can you understand that?  

dexter

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2003, 05:53:28 PM »
trama is confused.

JTSimon

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2003, 05:56:44 PM »
LOL please, you're not worth the breath.  

I know it takes time for news to get to North Carolina.

What about that chick in your avatar give her some CPR.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2003, 06:03:06 PM »
M Dogg, you're missing the point I'm trying to stab you with.

That is a great quote.

And I get what you are saying, but I am saying is that trying to prove your point, you are offending thousands of minorites at the same time. I understand where you are coming from, but you demeaning what minorites have worked for. You say AA has, but you political opposition to this bill, has made you blind to what minorities have done. Maybe Collen Powell is a product of AA, oh, maybe Rice, or even George P. Bush got into college 'cause his half Hispanic. I mean, this is what you are saying. I understand you having a disagreement with AA, you are an angry white male in you mid 20's, it's common. But at the same time, you are willing to downgrade what a lot of minorities have worked for, and say it's AA that downgrades them. In reality it's you that downgrades them, and uses an issue as an excuse to support your prejudges. I'm not going to say racism, because you don't seem like a racist, but you are quick to judge, so I'll say prejudge.

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2003, 06:08:35 PM »
Again, you miss the point.  I'm starting to doubt those SAT scores you threw around, because you can't follow a basic argument.  

By holding a bake sale, you use affirmative action to price the products.  

In your mind, that reflects negatively on the people holding the bakesale.  

The POINT of the exercise, is to show that Affirmative Action ACTUALLY denegrates the minorities it hopes to help.  You seem to have caught that, but somehow it's my fault.  LOL.  I think you have a responsibility problem, you can't properly place blame.  The problem is in the policy, not in the bake sale.  Now, since this is the 4th time I've explained it, I doubt you'll still understand it.  I can always hope though, which is why I put forth the effort.  Maybe if you'll put forth a little mental effort, we can meet on common ground.  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2003, 06:44:39 PM »
I understand what ou are trying to say, but I am saying that though the bake sale is trying to reflect what AA is doing to minorities, it also is putting down minorities more. AA does not cheapen our work, it does not mean we are have special rights. AA was at one time done in colleges as a way of getting more minorities in college, since many intercity schools gave very poor education. This was thought as a way to make things right, by Richard Nixon no less. The actual solution would have been to make intercity school better, and improve on equal oppertunity for all people, but that would too hard, so AA was an easy answer. 30 years later, the backlash begins. Now though, many minorities are are getting into college by their own merit, not AA. California got rid of AA, and didn't see a decrease in minority college population, and actually a high rise in Asians going to college. AA is still around today, one because the biggest benefits are seen by women, and two, because it is seen as the counter to the legacy student. Many white students in college get bonus points because they had parents that went to college. Many minority students didn't. So AA makes it so that minorities can get the bonus points that many white students already gain. So maybe I should throw a bake sale too. All students who's parents attented St. Olaf before can get cookies for $.25, well others pay a dollar. Makes sense to me.

Paradox

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2003, 11:27:49 PM »
How much is a cake if I'm a white, child-molesting, motherfucking, mormon?

Woodrow

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2003, 11:30:58 PM »
If I got banned from somewhere, I'd never ever come back. It would be clear to me that I wasn't wanted. Some people just don't get it I guess. The ignorant are always good for a laugh.