Author Topic: Reparations  (Read 635 times)

da_notorious_mack

Reparations
« on: August 25, 2002, 07:22:42 AM »
Should people of African descent in America receive reparations?

What do you think about it?
How should it be dealt out?
Who should receive?
Do you know what it is?

holla back yall...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Reparations
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 08:48:29 AM »
A very touchy issue that has no busness in the 21th centery, 'cause it should have been handled in 1865 when slavery ended.

What do you think about it?  It was what was suppose to be done in 1865
How should it be dealt out?  Right now, a chance for a good education, as oppose to just money
Who should receive?  All those who can prove that their family history was too damage from slavery to have a fair shot.
Do you know what it is? Yes, pay back for having wrong done on to you

The reason it bacame big was because after WWII, the United States paid reparations to the Japanese Americans for having them in Camps. The U.S. keeped them there 'cause Roosevelt signed a bill saying all those that hurt American securty should be put into Camps, and the local athorities pointed out all Japanese Americans as threats. So it'd be like if they put people in camps of Middle Eastern background after 9/11. African-Americans then said, hey, you had us in slavery for over 300 hundred years, and never gave us the 40 arces and a mule afterwards, and left us un-educated and broke. One day slaves, next day citizens, and we were lost. So they wanted what was promised in the 40 acres in a mule promise, but they never got. The government said no, as back then they were talking to former slaves children, 'cause slavery is actually not to far past. Now former slaves great-grandchildern, own generation, is sill fighting for what was originally promised, but so far down the line that for 2 former slaves, they would be paying up to about 60 to 100 people for what be two. Personally, I think that African-Americans deserve the rights to a free education, and a better public education 'cause of everything that has fucked up their way of living. Everything isn't, and never was, OK with how they were treated. So to improve the schools, and to offer them a opportunity for a college education for a generation would be fine. After all, it is better to give people tools to improve, than to throw money at people and expect results.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 09:15:18 AM »
You know what, I feel it was something of the past and it should be long forgotten. That's how I feel plain and simple. Like M Dogg said, it should have been taken car of long ago.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 12:02:40 PM »
It's too late to do anything fair about it, because everyone that was immediately affected by it is dead, and all their descendants got screwed.  Nothing they do will make up for it.  

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Nature of the Threat!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 05:15:02 PM »
It's too late to do anything fair about it, because everyone that was immediately affected by it is dead, and all their descendants got screwed.  Nothing they do will make up for it.  

Trauma, there is a great chink in your theories.  I have a strong aversion in my heart to part of the song you sing.  The social myths you have invented to help you to sleep better at night are unrealistic, and they come at a great social and psychological expense when they become the views of the aggregate.  

Great mental, social, and economic scars still plaque the descendants of the trans-Atlantic slave trade.  It is arrogant and grossly ignorant to dream that because something happened before we were born, we are no longer affected by it.  If so, the sacrifices you believe that Jesus Christ made, would have no effect on your life.  Likewise, the oppression and torment slaves were forced to undergo, has caused this country a great deal of stress, years after the Emancipation Proclamation.  There is no way to completely account for the tragedy of slavery, but we can atleast make an attempt at doing so, if not there is going to be a hot time in the old city, believe that!!!!

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2002, 08:39:35 PM »

I agree.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2002, 05:35:43 AM »

Trauma, there is a great chink in your theories.  I have a strong aversion in my heart to part of the song you sing.  The social myths you have invented to help you to sleep better at night are unrealistic, and they come at a great social and psychological expense when they become the views of the aggregate.  

Great mental, social, and economic scars still plaque the descendants of the trans-Atlantic slave trade.  It is arrogant and grossly ignorant to dream that because something happened before we were born, we are no longer affected by it.  If so, the sacrifices you believe that Jesus Christ made, would have no effect on your life.  Likewise, the oppression and torment slaves were forced to undergo, has caused this country a great deal of stress, years after the Emancipation Proclamation.  There is no way to completely account for the tragedy of slavery, but we can atleast make an attempt at doing so, if not there is going to be a hot time in the old city, believe that!!!!

Say who?

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2002, 05:41:07 AM »
ROFL

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2002, 06:29:55 PM »
The damage has been done already. Reparations won't reverse it.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Zero4eva

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2002, 06:36:40 PM »
jews got it, so african-americans have to get it as well. reparations can't change or reverse the atrocities of the past but it could be a little step.

pansophy

• Lil Geezy
  • "What's the higher level if your shit ain't real"
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2002, 12:10:02 AM »
"...America's historical amnesia about black humiliation and black suffering is seen as a basic prerequisite for a better American future of racial harmony. Yet history-the past and the present as history-will not let us off so easily. The lofty claims of exceptionalism that hold this country to be somehow outside the iron laws of history ring now more hollow than ever. No civilization fails to reap what it sows. No nation escapes the poison of its ignoble paradox."- Cornel West
"...because he well understood the naivety of men."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Nature of the Threat!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2002, 10:09:08 PM »
"...America's historical amnesia about black humiliation and black suffering is seen as a basic prerequisite for a better American future of racial harmony. Yet history-the past and the present as history-will not let us off so easily. The lofty claims of exceptionalism that hold this country to be somehow outside the iron laws of history ring now more hollow than ever. No civilization fails to reap what it sows. No nation escapes the poison of its ignoble paradox."- Cornel West

Thank you, you are one of the Hall's most intriquing voices.  Great quote... Cornel West is one of the greatest intellectuals of our time.  He even made a hip-hop album because he so loved the youth, and desperately wanted to reach them.  He even lost his job at Harvard because of it.  (Among other things)  

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2002, 07:46:03 PM »
As I said earlier, we should give all African-Americans who were desentence of slave a generation of free education, and also we should clean up all public schools. We get it all wrong throwning money at situations, we need to thrown knowledge and education, so that we can have people expand their minds, instead of fight on the internet.

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2002, 02:45:54 PM »
As I said earlier, we should give all African-Americans who were desentence of slave a generation of free education, and also we should clean up all public schools. We get it all wrong throwning money at situations, we need to thrown knowledge and education, so that we can have people expand their minds, instead of fight on the internet.

Word about the public schools. So true man.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2002, 10:17:49 AM »
Throw in free health care too
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...