Author Topic: The world thinks Americans are stupid  (Read 1733 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:The world thinks Americans are stupid
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2003, 11:53:05 PM »
man i've been to a lot of different counties in my life

America
Canada
Mexico
England
Italy
Spain

and i can honestly say from my experiences that americans are far from the dumbest people, we're far from the most racist, and we're far from the most arrogant!

the amount of intellect i've experienced is about the same....the dumbest people though i'd have to say out of that bunch would have to be the french canadians as well as the rudest.

the most arrogant people i've ever met came from england

the most racist , mexico

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2003, 11:57:44 PM »
i agree with trauma entirely...what makes me laugh (and a little pissed off) is when people from other countries say shit like "americans are ignorant because they dont know anything about the world outside of america"...well here's a good example that always stuck with me...one day i was talking to mauzip about all of this shit...like a year ago. and he was like "americans are ignorant...you dont even know you're geography overseas" and i was like "no, not all of use are like that...most of us do know our geography but its not like we memorize every little place" and he was like "well thats ignorant" and this convo started because of the war so i was like "we know all the places we are at in the war(s) and whatnot"...at that point he was like "yeah but you guys dont know anything other than that" so i said "i bet before you moved to the US you didnt know the geography of all 50 states"...his reply was "no but i knew all the important ones, texas, california, etc..."...i laughed so hard...so we are ignorant for not knowing the geography of a place we've never been to. but the place he lived for a year or more he still didnt realize that every state has just as much importance as another. im not tryin to diss mauzip im just sayin i hear a lot of stupid shit like that. and its rediculous. people have this preconcieved notion that americans are just a bunch of ignorant assholes...and its not true.

man that's a great example.

i remember when i was in canada when my grandma got cancer my step uncle was flacking me all the time "you americans are so full of yourselfs....you should be more like canada where we have free medical care and lower crime rates" all i ever heard him talk about was shit how arrogant americans were and how "superior" canada was to the US.........at the time i was just irritated and pissed that he hastled me like that....but when i think about it , HOW  HYPOCRITICAL AND IRONIC WAS THE SHIT HE WAS SAYING?!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2003, 12:13:42 AM »

America
Canada
Mexico
England
Italy
Spain

and i can honestly say from my experiences that americans are far from the dumbest people, we're far from the most racist, and we're far from the most arrogant!

the amount of intellect i've experienced is about the same....the dumbest people though i'd have to say out of that bunch would have to be the french canadians as well as the rudest.

the most racist , mexico

I'd have to agree with you on the rudest people being french canadian
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

mauzip

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2003, 01:59:05 AM »
American people in general:

1) Hardly know anything about things outside America
2) Are ignorant as fuck
3) Are very nice people
4) Live in a great country.

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2003, 02:00:11 AM »

2) Are ignorant as fuck
3) Are very nice people

pretty much proved the point of this thread

mauzip

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2003, 02:06:49 AM »

2) Are ignorant as fuck
3) Are very nice people

pretty much proved the point of this thread

Dutch people: ;D

1) Are ignorant, but by far not as ignorant as Americans. Basically, most people are ignorant. I'm just not one of them, I know that ;)
2) Will cuss you out if you're walking outside and you coincidentally walk against someone; Americans will laugh about it.

But I'd rather live in the US to be honest. I think it's a great country. I'm actually trying to move there in 2 years. First I'm gonna finish college and then I'm gonna try to find a job over there :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 02:07:57 AM by mauzip »

budsmokeronly

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2003, 02:43:09 AM »
I never bothered reading anyone's post, but yes I am American, and yes I agree, overall and in general American's are fucking dumb.  I have had tons of experiences with a ton of different american people.  I have worked many many different service jobs where I deal with hundreds of people a day.  I now own a business which provides services to people.  From dealing with so many people I have come to the conclusion that Americans in general:

A) are Dumb
B) Do not think
C) are Lazy
D) are kind hearted and nice, but dumb
E) have their head shoved way up their ass

I could give thousands of examples, but I'm not going to, because there are a lot of dumb people on this forum too, and I don't need to prove to anyone that americans in general are dumb, because I know myself from personal experience.

Not to say American's are the dumbest people on the earth.  I wouldn't know.  I have never been to any other country except for Mexico.  The whole rest of the world could be very well as dumb as American's, I just don't know that.

ANd I will also say, that for as smart of animals as we are compared to every other animal in the world, we have got to be the dumbest.  Many of the problems of the world today are brought on by humans themselves.  We make the world and our lives much harder than it should be.  One example:  Starvation.  Nobody in this world should be suffering from starvation, yet there are a lot of people who do suffer from it.  It's not like there is any shortage of food at all, its just that people are dumb/selfish/greedy.  Do you know how many restaurant's/grocery stores in America throw away a shitload of food everyday?

if i worked with handicapped people all day can i say that everyone in america is sufferening from down syndrome? in any kind of experiment, you need multiple variables to prove your point... so you have a business and people go to you for help...that makes them stupid? tomorrow i want you to apply for NASA and tell me how far you get dealing with these stupid people... or go to home depot and build a house with no help from those stupid people

hey smart guy (are you american?)  I didn't say people are dumb because they come to me for help.  I said I run a business which is in the service sector.  I encounter people all the time.  I have had many service jobs, in which I deal with people all the time.  Never did I say people are dumb for using the service.  I have plenty of variables.  I'm talking about people just not thinking in general and having no common sense.  You obviously don't understand.  How in the hell would you know any experience I have had with another person?  You don't.  My opinion is that in general, Americans are dumb.  You cannot say that is not true, because its my opinion, and I am the one judging the people.  me and you could have a totally different meaning of what a dumb person is.  I have no tolerance whatsoever for dumb people, so it doesn't take much for me to consider them dumb.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2003, 04:24:30 AM »
yea it is pretty ignorant to say we dont know anything outside of the us.....why would i care about politics in turkey or what they are doing in angola..I could give a rats ass what they are doing...and geographically i can name all the big countrys over there but i couldnt name all the southwest asian countries that change names every 10 years.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2003, 05:01:01 AM »
Every dog has his day.  But yeah, Trauma did make a strong case for America, you can't be stupid and accomplish all the things America has in a short span of time.

don't forget tho how big america is and where most origionally came from (europe) and those who unfortunitly we took with us...

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

JTSimon

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2003, 05:46:02 AM »
Americans only know about countries they are invading  ;D

If you ask an American 'List 3 countries and their capitals excluding US/Iraq?'
I bet 95% of Americans couldn't do it.

smerlus

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2003, 09:09:40 AM »
I never bothered reading anyone's post, but yes I am American, and yes I agree, overall and in general American's are fucking dumb.  I have had tons of experiences with a ton of different american people.  I have worked many many different service jobs where I deal with hundreds of people a day.  I now own a business which provides services to people.  From dealing with so many people I have come to the conclusion that Americans in general:

A) are Dumb
B) Do not think
C) are Lazy
D) are kind hearted and nice, but dumb
E) have their head shoved way up their ass

I could give thousands of examples, but I'm not going to, because there are a lot of dumb people on this forum too, and I don't need to prove to anyone that americans in general are dumb, because I know myself from personal experience.

Not to say American's are the dumbest people on the earth.  I wouldn't know.  I have never been to any other country except for Mexico.  The whole rest of the world could be very well as dumb as American's, I just don't know that.

ANd I will also say, that for as smart of animals as we are compared to every other animal in the world, we have got to be the dumbest.  Many of the problems of the world today are brought on by humans themselves.  We make the world and our lives much harder than it should be.  One example:  Starvation.  Nobody in this world should be suffering from starvation, yet there are a lot of people who do suffer from it.  It's not like there is any shortage of food at all, its just that people are dumb/selfish/greedy.  Do you know how many restaurant's/grocery stores in America throw away a shitload of food everyday?

if i worked with handicapped people all day can i say that everyone in america is sufferening from down syndrome? in any kind of experiment, you need multiple variables to prove your point... so you have a business and people go to you for help...that makes them stupid? tomorrow i want you to apply for NASA and tell me how far you get dealing with these stupid people... or go to home depot and build a house with no help from those stupid people

hey smart guy (are you american?)  I didn't say people are dumb because they come to me for help.  I said I run a business which is in the service sector.  I encounter people all the time.  I have had many service jobs, in which I deal with people all the time.  Never did I say people are dumb for using the service.  I have plenty of variables.  I'm talking about people just not thinking in general and having no common sense.  You obviously don't understand.  How in the hell would you know any experience I have had with another person?  You don't.  My opinion is that in general, Americans are dumb.  You cannot say that is not true, because its my opinion, and I am the one judging the people.  me and you could have a totally different meaning of what a dumb person is.  I have no tolerance whatsoever for dumb people, so it doesn't take much for me to consider them dumb.

well i just proved that all people are dumb in thier own ways....there is not one all knowing person in this world and we all are dumb to things we don't care about or deal with on a daily basis...ask me how to fix a car....i don't know shit...ask me how to fix a computer....i'm know what i'm doing

everyone in this world is dumb or ignorant, one way or another

budsmokeronly

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2003, 12:11:12 PM »
^^^^^^ agian, I'm not talking about being educated in ways of knowing how to do things such as work on a car, or build a house, or work for nasa.  I'm talking about simple common sense things, and people just not thinking in general.  I didn't want to give any examples, but since you cannot understand here it goes:

I run a moving company.  I do not own a big truck, and so people rent a u haul, or a penske, and then me and my crew do the labor.  In my ad, it specifically says that I do not provide a truck, and that the customer needs to.  So I have this lady that I am moving right.  I talked to her on the phone multiple times, sent her contracts in the mail, and had everything set up.  So the day of the move I get to her house and I don't see any trucks parked anywhere.  She comes out all laughing and she's like "hee hee hee!  I forgot that I needed to get a truck!  Hee hee hee!  I'll go get it right now!"
I charge $40 an hour.  It took her over an hour to go get the truck, and I had to charge her for that because I was supposed to start at a certain time, and it is not my fault she didn't have her shit together.

Gee, who would think they you need a truck to move?

Now that is just one lil example.  I could go on all fuckin day w/ examples like that where people are just not thinking at all or don't have any common sense.

You did not prove that all people are dumb in their own ways.  Not being able to hop right into the NASA program does not mean you are dumb, nor does not knowing how to build a house.  You have to learn those types of things, you have to get educated in that dept.  Being dumb, is when you don't think, when you are not logical, when you don't use any sense.

someone who is driving on the freeway, and the E light is lit up.  They see a sign that says gas, right when their E light comes on, and they also see a sign that says Next Gas Stop: 75 miles.   This person decides not to stop and fill up at the gas station right there, but rather try to get to the one 75 miles away.  That is dumb.

Someone driving a truck, and they get into their driveway, which is a steep hill, and they are going up it.  Halfway up the driveway, something happens to the truck and it breaks down.  So they decide to put it in neutral and push it the rest of the way.  Guess what, your going up a hill.  Guess whats gonna happen to your truck?  That is dumb.

Someone goes into a jewelry store and is looking around and talking to the owner.  All of a sudden they put on a mask, pull out a gun and rob the store.  Guess what?  The owner already got a great look at your face.  That is dumb.

Someone owns a mint condition MIckey Mantle rookie card.  They give it to their 3 year old son.  That is dumb.

Someone pays $50 a month for a gym membership, which goes month by month.  They haven't worked out in the last 4 month, yet they keep paying the membership.  That is dumb.

Someone is mowing their lawn.  As they are mowing, a stick get caught up in the lawn mower.  They try to remove it, without turning off the engine.  That is dumb.

Someone not knowing calculus is not dumb.  Someone not able to perform brain surgury is not dumb.  Someone who cannot build their own car is not dumb.

Someone trying to see if they can survive a jump off the empire state building is dumb.  Someone with no job, who buys $5,000 worth of crap in one day on their credit card is dumb.  

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2003, 12:26:09 PM »
i agree with trauma entirely...what makes me laugh (and a little pissed off) is when people from other countries say shit like "americans are ignorant because they dont know anything about the world outside of america"...well here's a good example that always stuck with me...one day i was talking to mauzip about all of this shit...like a year ago. and he was like "americans are ignorant...you dont even know you're geography overseas" and i was like "no, not all of use are like that...most of us do know our geography but its not like we memorize every little place" and he was like "well thats ignorant" and this convo started because of the war so i was like "we know all the places we are at in the war(s) and whatnot"...at that point he was like "yeah but you guys dont know anything other than that" so i said "i bet before you moved to the US you didnt know the geography of all 50 states"...his reply was "no but i knew all the important ones, texas, california, etc..."...i laughed so hard...so we are ignorant for not knowing the geography of a place we've never been to. but the place he lived for a year or more he still didnt realize that every state has just as much importance as another. im not tryin to diss mauzip im just sayin i hear a lot of stupid shit like that. and its rediculous. people have this preconcieved notion that americans are just a bunch of ignorant assholes...and its not true.

and how many provinces in lets say sweden do you know??.. way less than the ammount of states i know in USA.... you cant compare countries with states/provinces
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 12:26:28 PM by Maestro »

Suga Foot

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2003, 12:39:31 PM »

America
Canada
Mexico
England
Italy
Spain

the most racist , mexico

I'd have to agree with you on the rudest people being french canadian

Oh Hell Yeah!  And the Dumbest people are the Eastern Canadians (neufies ect.).

I think a lot of people don't like Americans for they're attitudes, like Trauma's, "We're the best at everything".  We're living in a time of the "American Empire".  And like any other empire, it won't last forever.  And that's the god damn truth.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 12:41:50 PM by Adon aka Suga Foot »

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2003, 12:42:12 PM »

and how many provinces in lets say sweden do you know??.. way less than the ammount of states i know in USA.... you cant compare countries with states/provinces

LMAO you just proved my point...if its ok for me to not know that then why is it ok to not know the 50 states? its the same damn concept. saying "I know all the important ones" is ignorant as fuck.