Author Topic: The world thinks Americans are stupid  (Read 1727 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:The world thinks Americans are stupid
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2003, 10:59:46 PM »
i agree with trauma entirely...what makes me laugh (and a little pissed off) is when people from other countries say shit like "americans are ignorant because they dont know anything about the world outside of america"...well here's a good example that always stuck with me...one day i was talking to mauzip about all of this shit...like a year ago. and he was like "americans are ignorant...you dont even know you're geography overseas" and i was like "no, not all of use are like that...most of us do know our geography but its not like we memorize every little place" and he was like "well thats ignorant" and this convo started because of the war so i was like "we know all the places we are at in the war(s) and whatnot"...at that point he was like "yeah but you guys dont know anything other than that" so i said "i bet before you moved to the US you didnt know the geography of all 50 states"...his reply was "no but i knew all the important ones, texas, california, etc..."...i laughed so hard...so we are ignorant for not knowing the geography of a place we've never been to. but the place he lived for a year or more he still didnt realize that every state has just as much importance as another. im not tryin to diss mauzip im just sayin i hear a lot of stupid shit like that. and its rediculous. people have this preconcieved notion that americans are just a bunch of ignorant assholes...and its not true.

and how many provinces in lets say sweden do you know??.. way less than the ammount of states i know in USA.... you cant compare countries with states/provinces

LMAO you just proved my point...if its ok for me to not know that then why is it ok to not know the 50 states? its the same damn concept. saying "I know all the important ones" is ignorant as fuck.

you dont get it...

the world outside america is divided in countries
many americans cant name those countries
you cant compare "americans not knowing other countries" with "europeans not knowing the 50 states of america"
thats my point...
the average "non-american" human know WAY MORE about other countries than the average american, for example:
80% of the american youth have never visited another country (compare that to 30% for european countries)
87% of the american youth cant locate iraq on the map
83% of the american youth cant locate afghanistan on the map

americans dont even know their own country, according to a recent test, made by "National Geographic":
10% of the american youth cant locate their own country on the map
25% of the american youth dont know the population of america
33% of the american youth cant locate the state of new jersey on the map
50% of the american youth cant locate the state of new york on the map

now how can you defend THAT^^

how do I defend that?!

easy
when was I asked to take this test
when were my little cousins in LA asked to take this test
when were half of this board and all of their relatives asked to take this test??

don't base your stupid opinion on statistics or polls that don't comb through a whole country like a census would!

god you are such a gullible tool

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Suga Foot

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2003, 11:04:18 PM »
the backstreet boys and n'sync and the spice girls were popular in canada and western europe way before they got big in the US.

Unfortunatley True  :-\

budsmokeronly

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2003, 11:20:17 PM »
just the fact that those dumb ass shows like jerry springer have been on tv for awhile shows that americans are dumb.  they wouldn't be on tv, if people didn't watch them.  So if a show like jerry springer lasts for as long as it has, that means there are a lot of people out there who like it.  And you gotta be dumb to like that show, or any show like it.

The fact that Britney spears, nsync, (fill in the blank of just about any mainstream artist that sells a lot) sell so many copies  also shows how dumb americans are.  Have you ever listened to britney spears lyrics?  Has she ever had a message in any of her songs?  Does she have any song with lyrics that have any meaning?

Look how popular all these stupid ass reality tv shows are.  So many fuckin people watch these goddamn dumb ass shows.  Man I have seen a couple of episodes of them, and they are so stupid.  There is like no piont to the shows.  Yet dumb ass americans are fascinated by them.

the rest of the world must be as dumb as americans because most of these shows are derived from europe and/or do just as well in their markets. so blah

the backstreet boys and n'sync and the spice girls were popular in canada and western europe way before they got big in the US. so blah

again most of these reality shows' concepts derive from european ones. the only all american reality shows are probably the real world and cops. and just like the jerry springer and jenny jones thing....they're JSUT as marketable oversees. so blah

I don't give a fuck where these worthless fuckin things originated from, or where they are popular.  The fact of the matter is, they are dumb fucking shows, and they are very popular here in america.  And imo, you gotta be an idiot to really enjoy all this crap.

Don Breezio

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2003, 12:14:50 AM »
just the fact that those dumb ass shows like jerry springer have been on tv for awhile shows that americans are dumb.  they wouldn't be on tv, if people didn't watch them.  So if a show like jerry springer lasts for as long as it has, that means there are a lot of people out there who like it.  And you gotta be dumb to like that show, or any show like it.

The fact that Britney spears, nsync, (fill in the blank of just about any mainstream artist that sells a lot) sell so many copies  also shows how dumb americans are.  Have you ever listened to britney spears lyrics?  Has she ever had a message in any of her songs?  Does she have any song with lyrics that have any meaning?

Look how popular all these stupid ass reality tv shows are.  So many fuckin people watch these goddamn dumb ass shows.  Man I have seen a couple of episodes of them, and they are so stupid.  There is like no piont to the shows.  Yet dumb ass americans are fascinated by them.

the rest of the world must be as dumb as americans because most of these shows are derived from europe and/or do just as well in their markets. so blah

the backstreet boys and n'sync and the spice girls were popular in canada and western europe way before they got big in the US. so blah

again most of these reality shows' concepts derive from european ones. the only all american reality shows are probably the real world and cops. and just like the jerry springer and jenny jones thing....they're JSUT as marketable oversees. so blah

I don't give a fuck where these worthless fuckin things originated from, or where they are popular.  The fact of the matter is, they are dumb fucking shows, and they are very popular here in america.  And imo, you gotta be an idiot to really enjoy all this crap.

dude his point was that there were a few other countries enjoying this crap long before america...and half the people that watch that shit are 60+ year old retired people...and that is true...i bet if you asked just about anybody on here what their grandmother watches they would say talk shows and soap operas

budsmokeronly

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2003, 12:28:54 AM »

dude his point was that there were a few other countries enjoying this crap long before america...and half the people that watch that shit are 60+ year old retired people...and that is true...i bet if you asked just about anybody on here what their grandmother watches they would say talk shows and soap operas

dude, tv shows don't stay on the air because they are not popular and nobody watches them.  I highly doubt that half the people who watch this crap are old people.  Most old people I known hardly watch any tv at all.  Hell my grandma doesn't even own a tv.  and who cares if there were other countries watching this shit before us?  To me that makes it even worse, because we had to copy someone else to come up with this dumb crap.  I mean, we couldn't even come up with original dumb ass shit on our own?

Don Breezio

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2003, 12:42:04 AM »

dude, tv shows don't stay on the air because they are not popular and nobody watches them.  I highly doubt that half the people who watch this crap are old people.  Most old people I known hardly watch any tv at all.  Hell my grandma doesn't even own a tv.  and who cares if there were other countries watching this shit before us?  To me that makes it even worse, because we had to copy someone else to come up with this dumb crap.  I mean, we couldn't even come up with original dumb ass shit on our own?

well you could take that as us being dumbasses or us being too smart to come up with some stupid shit like that...jerry springer is horrible and most americans know it. but it really is the people who have nothing better to do than watch that shit...wives who sit at home and wait for something to do while everyone is away, retired people, and the dirty hillbilly mf's who can't get a job and live off welfare. nobody else has time to watch that bullshit considering its all on during the day time.

mauzip

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2003, 04:08:04 AM »
ROFL...dude you are one of the most ignorant people i know

How's that? :-X

thats something to brag about (rolls eyes), i guess we're just too ignorant to know how to cuss people out just because they accidentally brushed against us?

This had nothing to do with ignorance. I was just saying that most Americans are nicer than Dutch people.

its a great country...as long as you dont have to deal with all us ignorant dumbfucks who only know the important countries right?  ::)

Why do you say that? Would I say I wanna move back to the USA if I would care that much about the American ignorance?

Don Breezio

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2003, 11:46:38 AM »
ROFL...dude you are one of the most ignorant people i know

How's that? :-X

read my previous post about when you said you know the "important states"...you say stupid shit like that all the time man. thats why you are.

Immortal

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2003, 01:28:22 PM »
Well i think mostly the world thinks that america is an evil, smart, powerful country that is dwelling on capitalism and robbing weak nations off their wealth. PEriod. Same goes to Europe. yet at the same time most of the ppl of the world wanna be american cause of the good life even tho they know its wrong.
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Trauma-san

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2003, 01:35:08 PM »
I think people just don't understand capitalism.  To say the U.S. is robbing weak nations is rediculous.  

Immortal

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2003, 01:48:24 PM »
I think people just don't understand capitalism.  To say the U.S. is robbing weak nations is rediculous.  

well its a fucked up system...i could give u many examples of all the big corporates making extraordinary cash and profit from making their products in asia and selling them for more than 100 times the manufacturing cost in america. Example .. GAP, NIKE, .... then u got that company called DEBEERS , they are in diamonds trades...nobody really knows what goes around in the background of their shit,i hear they are into slave trading, importing all the diamonds from african nations and just robbing them. They fukin pay these african dictators so much cash in exchange for diamonds adn they are vampires.

Immortal

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2003, 01:50:22 PM »

well it may sound rediculous to a person overshadowed by the media, but its true...its fucking rediculous...fuck christofer columbus

plus america wouldnt be shit if it werent for asia's resourses
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 01:53:45 PM by Immortal Tech aka Apocalypse »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2003, 09:48:04 PM »

well its a fucked up system...i could give u many examples of all the big corporates making extraordinary cash and profit from making their products in asia and selling them for more than 100 times the manufacturing cost in america. Example .. GAP, NIKE, .... then u got that company called DEBEERS , they are in diamonds trades...nobody really knows what goes around in the background of their shit,i hear they are into slave trading, importing all the diamonds from african nations and just robbing them. They fukin pay these african dictators so much cash in exchange for diamonds adn they are vampires.

you have no idea what you are talking about

debeers is a cartell.....i'm asumming you have no idea what that is judging from your post. Cartell companies are illegal in the US, the debeers company is not an american company.

but yeah i agree to an extent with your post...i fucking HATE the fact all these companies are sending all these manufacturing jobs oversees to asia, mexico, africa. the only people who benefit from this is the coperation. the quality of the product is lower, the price remains the same so the consumer gets no price break, and the companies exploit lower rates oversees. this fucks over jobs in america! Fuck levi's for closing the last 2 plants just before christmas and sending jobs over to china.....fuck that i'll never where levis.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Immortal

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2003, 01:14:16 AM »

you have no idea what you are talking about

debeers is a cartell.....i'm asumming you have no idea what that is judging from your post. Cartell companies are illegal in the US, the debeers company is not an american company.

but yeah i agree to an extent with your post...i fucking HATE the fact all these companies are sending all these manufacturing jobs oversees to asia, mexico, africa. the only people who benefit from this is the coperation. the quality of the product is lower, the price remains the same so the consumer gets no price break, and the companies exploit lower rates oversees. this fucks over jobs in america! Fuck levi's for closing the last 2 plants just before christmas and sending jobs over to china.....fuck that i'll never where levis.

yes debeers was meant to be a european company apart from the 2 US companies i mentioned. I thought that was understood automatically. lol i have a good idea of what im talking bout. You just agreed with me.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2003, 01:36:36 AM »

Looks like Asia needs to get on the ball about taking care of their people instead of letting companies exploit them

Say i'm Nike.  Why the fuck would I keep a plant in the US and pay someone 5.25 an hour plus adhere to all the workers compensation and other stuff we have here when I could make a plant in China and pay a worker ther .75 an hour and no benefits?  What's stopping them?  Is their government doing anything about?  Maybe they should step up to the plate and protect their citizens.

So what if they can make a shoe for a dollar and sell it for $100?  Supply/Demand.  They make it, we want it.  We'll pay $150 for the new LeBron James Nikes that cost 2 bucks to make.