Author Topic: Max aims at starting a religious war on WCC  (Read 206 times)

JTSimon

Max aims at starting a religious war on WCC
« on: December 18, 2003, 06:29:44 AM »
Can we have special smililies for Ramadan and Hanukkah when those holidays come around  ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Max aims at starting a religious war on WCC
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 06:48:29 AM »
why is kain670 so ill?! ??? that would be a appropriate question for me to reveal  8)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 06:17:56 PM »
fuck religion

JTSimon

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 06:43:34 PM »
fuck religion

Yeah I know but I want to see religious people fight  ;D

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 07:07:00 PM »
I don't see why people fight over religions. The Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) always expressed to keep a respect for all other Abrahamic religions. Therefore I have a respect for both Hannukah and Christmas, and I hope others have a respect for Rammadan (which I did not complete this year).

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 07:12:05 PM »
fuck religion

Yeah I know but I want to see religious people fight  ;D

True, it's always fun to watch religious people fight....now we just need to find some
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003, 11:02:38 PM »
no...becuase those holidays don't effect as many people....plus i doubt overseer celebrates jewish or muslum holidays

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2003, 07:02:05 AM »
Christmas, as celebrated, really isn't a christian holiday.  It's meant to be, but it no longer is.  There's nothing about Jesus in a fat man sliding down your chimmney, so Santa smileys shouldn't be offensive to most.  

JTSimon

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2003, 09:00:03 AM »
Christmas, as celebrated, really isn't a christian holiday.  It's meant to be, but it no longer is.  There's nothing about Jesus in a fat man sliding down your chimmney, so Santa smileys shouldn't be offensive to most.  

What are the gifts for then...smart guy?  ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2003, 01:17:02 PM »
^^ I dunno, ask the world, most people wouldn't even know.  

JTSimon

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2003, 05:56:09 PM »
^^ I dunno, ask the world, most people wouldn't even know.  

Trauma you didn't go to sunday school... ;D

When Jesus was born, certain wise men lived far to the east of Jerusalem. These were probably leaders of the nation of Israel that had never returned from captivity. One night they noted an unusual star in the heavens. They knew from the prophesy in Daniel 9 that the time was right for the birth of the Messiah. Remembering the prophetic words of Numbers 24:17 that spoke of a Star and a Scepter rising out of Israel, they decided that the star was a sign for the fulfillment of these prophecies. Packing a few things they began their journey, following the star with the hopes of finding the new King and doing him homage.

As they came into Jerusalem the star that they had followed was no longer visible. They begin to question those living in the area to see if they knew anything about the birth of a great ruler. Soon rumors were flying all over Jerusalem.

When King Herod heard that there had come wise men from the east seeking information about a newly born King he became greatly concerned.

Wanting to get know just exactly what was taking place and what sort of King might be threatening his own rule, he called in all the chief priests and scribes and asked them where this great ruler was to be born.

"In Bethlehem of Judah," they told him and quoted Micah's words, "And you Bethlehem, land of Judah, you are in no way least among the governors of Judah; because out of you shall come a ruler, and he shall rule my people Israel."

When Herod heard this he sent the chief priests and scribes away and secretly had the wise men brought before him.

"Tell me the exact time that this star appeared in the sky," Herod demanded, wishing to know how old the new Child King was. Obviously, no one in the area had seen the star, for the star was most likely an angel and only visible to the wise men. (See Re 1:20) After the wise men told him, he gave them instruction to go to Bethlehem, "Go and diligently inquire among the people until you find this Child," he told them. "Then, after you have found Him you must bring word back to me, so that I may also come and do homage to Him."

Of course Herod didn't wish to worship the Christ Child. He wanted to destroy Him so that his own power and authority wouldn't be taken away from him and his sons by this prophesied new King.

When the wise men left Herod they were delighted to discover that the star was once more visible in the sky. Not only was it visible but it was moving slowly across the sky. The wise men followed the star until it stopped and stood still over the house where the baby King and His parents were living. (Since stars don't stand over a certain house this shows the star the Wise Men saw was actually an angel.)

Greatly rejoicing, the wise men entered into the house and found the little Child with Mary His mother. Then they bowed down and worshipped Him. As was, and still is the custom in many lands when appearing before royalty, the wise men had brought gifts to give the Christ Child. They presented their gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.Mary and Joseph probably housed the men for the night. In a dream God instructed them not to return to Herod. So the wise men arose and departed, going back to their country by another route.

Joseph too had a dream warning him to take Mary and the Child Jesus and escape into Egypt and stay there until he was told to return. For Herod would seek for the little Child to destroy Him.

Joseph arose from his dream and while it was still night awoke his wife and taking the Child they left Bethlehem and traveled to Egypt where they stayed until after the death of Herod. Thus was the prophecy in Hosea 11:1 fulfilled, "Out of Egypt have I called my son."

When Herod learned that the wise men had disobeyed him and were not going to return and tell him the location of the new King he became very angry. Using the time frame that the wise men had given for the birth of the new King, Herod issued a harsh command. All the baby boys two years old and under in Bethlehem and its surrounding area were to be put to death!

Thus the evil Herod unwittingly fulfilled Jeremiah's prophecy, "A voice in Rama was heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning; Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not!" But because of God's divine warning to Joseph, Jesus and His family were safely away when Herod's soldiers began their grisly assignment.

Not too long after this Herod died. Then Joseph had another dream in which the angel of the Lord appeared to him with another command. "Get up," the angel told him, "and take the little Child into the land of Israel; for those who seek to take His life are themselves dead."

So Joseph arose and took Jesus and His mother, Mary, and traveled into the land of Israel.

But when he heard that Archelaus had taken over the rule of Judea in his father Herod's place, he was afraid to live there, but went into Nazareth, where they had lived before, to fulfill what was spoken by the prophets, that Jesus was to be called a Nazarene.

http://www.antelope-ebooks.com/RELIGIOUS/Jesus/Jesus03.html
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 05:59:09 PM by Max Powers »

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2003, 07:29:54 PM »
Man, I KNOW what the gifts are for, I'm just saying, when you see somebody give gifts, you don't think of the 3 wise men.  You just think of some commercialized holiday where everything's bright and shiny, and we give people presents at the end of the year.

In my line of work, I have many clients, and our company gave out christmas presents this year.  I have one client I know for a fact is Hindu, and she didn't blink an eye when I handed her a christmas present last week.  This is a woman with a shrine in the back office @ her business.  Why? Becuase christmas presents, and the entire christmas holiday have come to mean something more universal than just a christian holiday, most people just think of it as a time of good samaratism.