Author Topic: Maybe I Missed It, But What's So Good About Terrorist Threats?  (Read 1177 times)

SGV

Maybe I Missed It, But What's So Good About Terrorist Threats?
« on: December 18, 2003, 10:08:13 AM »
I thought this album was a huge dissapointment. Mack 10's flow was off, W.C.'s flow was off, Cube wasn't ripping it, the production was very weak. I'm all for putting new cats on, but not when the new cats are wack. They wanted to make a Hardcore Hip Hop album, but to me they failed. There was nothing hardcore about it. Bow Down was Hardcore Hip Hop. That was a classic album. That's 5/5. Terrorist Threats is a 3/5 and I'm being generous. West Coast album of the year? Fuck no. This shit was hot garbage.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re:Maybe I Missed It, But What's So Good About Terrorist Threats?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 10:15:58 AM »
i thought it was pretty dope, not classic, but i bump it alot. the production was good, Don't Get Outta Pocket had a bangin beat.. some songs were weaker tho like Izm or Bangin At The Party IMO

over 4.2/5

smerlus

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 10:26:55 AM »
I thought this album was a huge dissapointment. Mack 10's flow was off, W.C.'s flow was off, Cube wasn't ripping it, the production was very weak. I'm all for putting new cats on, but not when the new cats are wack. They wanted to make a Hardcore Hip Hop album, but to me they failed. There was nothing hardcore about it. Bow Down was Hardcore Hip Hop. That was a classic album. That's 5/5. Terrorist Threats is a 3/5 and I'm being generous. West Coast album of the year? Fuck no. This shit was hot garbage.

yeah it definatly went the west coast route and didn't live up to the hype....there's no real bangers on this, wasn't as ruff as the first one....mack 10 is lazy, WC didn't seem to have as much freedom as in the first....and if i hear ice cube was good but not spectacular...

the song bow down shits on any of these songs easily

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 10:45:07 AM »
There was like 4 or 5 wack boring songs. only like 3 were bangers. teh rest were average.

#1Stunna

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 10:47:29 AM »
There was like 4 or 5 wack boring songs. only like 3 were bangers. teh rest were average.

gFuNkA

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 10:49:53 AM »
well, its not a banger like bow down, but still a nice album compared to all the other releases this year. cube comes nice and the production is good too.

SGV

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003, 11:59:00 AM »
well, its not a banger like bow down, but still a nice album compared to all the other releases this year. cube comes nice and the production is good too.
I don't know. This year was weak, but this album falls in that category. I can name at least 10 albums much better than this.

Love & Hate
Judgement Day
Goodbrothers
Listening
Deliverance
Full Circle
West Kostra Nostra
Spirit In Stone
Shadows On The Sun
Revolutionary 2

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2003, 12:03:48 PM »
i thought it was pretty dope, not classic, but i bump it alot. the production was good, Don't Get Outta Pocket had a bangin beat.. some songs were weaker tho like Izm or Bangin At The Party IMO

over 4.2/5

i agree...my fav songs are 911 and potential victims...shits bangin.

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2003, 12:33:55 PM »
i agree its not the album of the year but it was a damn good album.

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2003, 12:44:16 PM »
I thought it was weak.  Gangsta Nation is by far the best song.  

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2003, 12:58:50 PM »
I'm thinking it's pretty good, well above average. Granted, there are tracks on it that could be a lot better (especially Mack 10's flow on some tracks is way off...) but overall I think it's pretty dope.

some songs were weaker tho like Izm
over 4.2/5

Maybe I haven't been listening to it carefully enough, but I think Izm is a dope track. To each their own I guess.

But c'mon - y'all gotta admit that the subject matter on this album (well most of the tracks, not the party ones) is something exceptional in hip-hop of this day in age. These guys got something to say and things to adress on this album, they ain't just talking about bling bling, bitches and bullshit.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2003, 02:03:18 PM »
i agree its not the album of the year but it was a damn good album.

word

as for rating i agree with nima with 4.2

Whether you liked it or you didnt, its really a matter of opinion like everything i guess..
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 02:03:57 PM by Chef Bram »

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2003, 02:13:04 PM »
some songs were weaker tho like Izm or Bangin At The Party IMO

bangin at the party was weak...but izm is one of my favorite tracks on the album lol

SGV

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2003, 02:55:42 PM »

But c'mon - y'all gotta admit that the subject matter on this album (well most of the tracks, not the party ones) is something exceptional in hip-hop of this day in age. These guys got something to say and things to adress on this album, they ain't just talking about bling bling, bitches and bullshit.
They had nothing to say but "Hip Hop doesn't need love songs." Not really "exceptional" if you ask me.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2003, 03:11:17 PM »
It's a good album, not great.  I give it a 7.5/10 maybe a 7.

BTW, I think that last track is a horrible way to end the album.  I think ending an album on a high note is very important.