Author Topic: Maybe I Missed It, But What's So Good About Terrorist Threats?  (Read 1175 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re:Maybe I Missed It, But What's So Good About Terrorist Threats?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2003, 03:46:42 PM »
I have always been a fan of beats and flow over complex lyrics. This CD is veery solid...nothin great classic or exceptional, but it's far from weak to me. It isn't too many songs that have u itchin to play em like some other albums have had, but it's not any songs that I think are weak. Bangin at the party and Izm are tite as hell for house party tracks, maybe even at a club. There are some songs that I'd prefer to hear over others, but I can play this cd straight thru without wantin to change the tracks.

PLANT

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2003, 03:59:12 PM »
Its definatly a solid album, but was also a dissapointment in my eyes.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2003, 04:13:53 PM »
This CD is veery solid...nothin great classic or exceptional, but it's far from weak to me. It isn't too many songs that have u itchin to play em like some other albums have had, but it's not any songs that I think are weak. Bangin at the party and Izm are tite as hell for house party tracks, maybe even at a club. There are some songs that I'd prefer to hear over others, but I can play this cd straight thru without wantin to change the tracks.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Jome

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2003, 05:17:07 PM »
4.2/5

Yeah, I can agree with that.
Not as hardcore as they said/wanted it to be, but pretty cool..
Probably Westcoast album of the year, in front of Yukmouth, Boo Ya Tribe and Defari..

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2003, 05:20:05 PM »
in all fairness...we cant really compare it to bow down...i mean...everyone says "it was a dissapointment compared to bow down"...but fuck...almost every album released since bow down has been a dissapointment compared to bow down. that album is straight classic. thats like trying to compare It was written to Illmatic...both damn good albums but one is always going to be better than the other (while most people say illmatic i say it was written was better)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2003, 05:28:16 PM »
 4/5

SGV

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2003, 06:20:01 PM »
Yeah, I can agree with that.
Not as hardcore as they said/wanted it to be, but pretty cool..
Probably Westcoast album of the year, in front of Yukmouth, Boo Ya Tribe and Defari..
The Production on all 3 of those LPs was MUCH hotter. Lyrically and flow wise Defari and Yuk came stronger. Ridds flow was still better than Dime, Cube and Dub. I don't see it.

Luke: I would NEVER compare this garbage to Bow Down, but I was told and seen people say this album was better than Bow Down.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2003, 06:30:38 PM »
I respect your opinions but I really liked the album. Only tracks I really disliked were Izm & Banging At The Party. Cube looks like he could make the transition back to his old self in the next few years, and Mack 10 came dope IMO. WC was dope as well.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kaidy

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2003, 06:37:08 PM »
I think people are calling it album of the year right now because it just came out and you know how excitable some people get (eg calling obie trice and g-unit album classics).

BUT I think you're being harsh. Ice Cube ripped this album up. I agree Mack and Dub were disappointing, but shit Cube made up for it. His best lics since the better songs on the War disc. And Dub was okay, he's just getting old.

Beats were on the whole impressive. Couple of very average tracks and nothing really forward-thinking, but for a gangsta album the beats were hard.

Topics were good, totally summed up real West coast fans attitude towards the industry in 2003 imo.

Definitely a hot album in its own right, fuck comparing it to shit that came out 7 years ago. Coulda been better, coulda been a lot worse.

But I'm still giving album of the year to Yuk.

SGV

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2003, 07:28:05 PM »
^^If it is that hot, then I guess I'm not being that harsh. I'm just being straight up. I gave this CD a bump at home, in the car and at work twice. It never caught my attention AT ALL. Aside from the singles, "Gangsta Nation" and "Lightz Out," there may have been two other tracks, one being "So Many Rappers In Love," that I liked. Possibly if I didn't hear all the hype prior to getting the album, I might have had a different opinion. But, as of now, this album is nowhere near my top albums of the year.

Mack 10 suprised me, Da Hood was hot, Bang Or Ball was hot, his guest appearances were HOT. He didn't do shit on this album.

W.C. usually kills tracks with his flow, but he just seemed lazy and unmotivated.

Cube. His flow is always so powerful, I just didn't feel it on here. Lyrically, he's coming stronger, but if your flow ain't there, you ain't getting through to anyone.

prince

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2003, 09:21:55 PM »
yukmouth- godzilla without a doubt. Yuk be holdin down the westcoast!!!!!!!!!!!

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2003, 09:35:30 PM »
Its definatly a solid album, but was also a dissapointment in my eyes.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Young Griff

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2003, 02:06:23 AM »
i liked the album for the most part, few tracks they could have done without.  It seemed kinda too faced paced.  It didnt really give you a lot of time to let it marinate.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2003, 02:42:20 AM »
Even tho this CD doesn't compare to Bow Down, Bow Down isn't as timeless as many other west coast classics IMO, and right now I'd rather hear Terrorist threats. Some beats on Bow Down just sound toooo old 2 get into, other than the radio tracks.

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2003, 03:23:29 AM »
in all fairness...we cant really compare it to bow down...i mean...everyone says "it was a dissapointment compared to bow down"...but fuck...almost every album released since bow down has been a dissapointment compared to bow down. that album is straight classic.

REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"