Author Topic: Brother Ali talks on Sole/Anticon.  (Read 81 times)

^_^

• Lil Geezy
Brother Ali talks on Sole/Anticon.
« on: January 24, 2004, 10:49:39 PM »
That jumps on to a further question which I hadn’t gotten on to, with regards to white rappers: What’s the situation with you and Sole [of Anticon]?
There’s not a lot to say about it. Basically, what happened with that was that… basically, I’m a person who’s very honest with myself and I try to be very honest with everyone that’s around me. Sole said some things that were very disrespectful to hip hop culture, and I felt, to black people. I felt that some of the things that they’ve done were like mockery. What I consider to be black culture, like inner-city culture. They mock it in a way that’s extremely disrespectful. Then on top of that, the arrogance that they have, with what they’ve done in hip hop. Those two things coupled together just left a bad taste in my mouth.

So I did an interview not that long ago - and first of all, I’m not used to people caring what I think, you know what I mean? That’s really a brand new thing to me - and so I just used him as an example of what I was talking about. Then the Internet got involved - somebody posted that part of it on the Internet. The interview was supposed to be for a magazine, not the Internet. It got posted in different places that Anticon [posted]. And so it turned into something that was not originally supposed to be. I just happened to say what I thought at that time.

I went to perform in San Francisco and I called him at home and asked him to come to the show to talk about it, and he didn’t respond. He sent some of his other Anticon friends and they ended up crying - literally crying - tears and snotting out their noses. I tried to talk it out with them because I didn’t want to fuel it anymore. It’s not a big issue to me. It’s just another example of somebody who’s rubbed me the wrong way. No big deal. I took a note from Murs: I hope they make money. I hope they do well. I don’t want bad things to happen to them. I personally just don’t like their shit and I don’t like (most of) them as people. I just don’t like their shit. That’s all. There are a lot of people whose shit I don’t like. I got friends who I don’t necessarily like their shit. I don’t like everything I do. Whatever. No big deal.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Re:Brother Ali talks on Sole/Anticon.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 11:28:10 PM »
I don't see how Sole's music is a mockery of "Black" hip hop culture. It's a diversion of hip hop if anyithing..
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

The Watcher

Re:Brother Ali talks on Sole/Anticon.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 02:11:01 AM »
people gotta have somethin to whine about.. wouldnt be hiphop otherwise
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden