Author Topic: JT speaks on the Memphis Bleek/Get Low issue...  (Read 565 times)

SGV

Re:JT speaks on the Memphis Bleek/Get Low issue...
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2003, 07:19:28 PM »
^^^He's in L.A. tomorrow with Loon, 112 and the Young Gunz.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2003, 07:53:17 PM »
ah shit....DATS IT....WE GETTIN HIM IN L.A!!!!!

lmao

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2003, 12:18:05 AM »
im not sayin that he doesnt have the right to fight over the name. im saying that he doesnt have the right to threaten someone over the name...thats fuckin stupid. like Young Assasin said...if JT was smart he would've copyrighted the name and then had bleek change it legally. instead he's doing this "i'm gonna kill you" bullshit. thats fuckin gay and nobody can really deny the fact that a smart move would've been to just copyright it.

SGV

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2003, 12:22:10 AM »
im not sayin that he doesnt have the right to fight over the name. im saying that he doesnt have the right to threaten someone over the name...thats fuckin stupid. like Young Assasin said...if JT was smart he would've copyrighted the name and then had bleek change it legally. instead he's doing this "i'm gonna kill you" bullshit. thats fuckin gay and nobody can really deny the fact that a smart move would've been to just copyright it.
Rod just said the "I'm gonna kill him" part as an exaggeration. JT is getting at Bleek on Wax and soon through the Legal System.

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2003, 12:24:22 AM »
Rod just said the "I'm gonna kill him" part as an exaggeration. JT is getting at Bleek on Wax and soon through the Legal System.

thats how it should be handled. but nobody should make any assumptions on what i know about business based on the fact that JT's dumbass didnt copyright the shit.

SGV

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2003, 12:29:48 AM »

thats how it should be handled. but nobody should make any assumptions on what i know about business based on the fact that JT's dumbass didnt copyright the shit.
LMAO. Another thread blown outta proportion for no good reason. Refer to me when you're going to make a statement homie.

Don Breezio

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2003, 12:30:53 AM »

LMAO. Another thread blown outta proportion for no good reason. Refer to me when you're going to make a statement homie.

no im just tired of getting my ass jumped on over shit...every thread about memphis bleek/jt turns into how much i know about business...it doesnt make sense to me.

The Watcher

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2003, 02:22:20 AM »
i dont know how it works over in the USA, but here it can go by a state-registered business name too. ie: you can have 3 companies with the same name, but its state-valid only.

variations on a name are usually ok too, ie: Get Low Records isnt the same as GetLow Records or Get-Low etc.. again, it could be diff in the US
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2003, 10:25:29 AM »
i dont know how it works over in the USA, but here it can go by a state-registered business name too. ie: you can have 3 companies with the same name, but its state-valid only.

variations on a name are usually ok too, ie: Get Low Records isnt the same as GetLow Records or Get-Low etc.. again, it could be diff in the US

Yeah thats what I was thinking, although Memphis Bleek isn't being loyal to the agreement that was made with JT, unless JT has that shit copyrighted then legally Bleek isn't doing anything wrong. Even if JT copyrighted just Get Low Records, legally Bleek is still allowed to call his clique Get Low. However, Bleek is being a dumb shit if hes gonna call his clique Get Low, piss off Tha Bay in general, and then have the cheek to go there to promote his album. You know theres gonna be some trouble there no doubt.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2003, 11:30:56 AM »
JT does own the name & rights to Get Low Records. hes had the name register legally for over 10 years. i dunno what the actual term for whut bleek did is, but i know its illegal.

Don Breezio

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2003, 01:12:42 PM »
does bleek actually call it "Get Low Records" or is his like "Get Low Entertainment" or what? cuz if its that difference they cant do shit legally...any variation and JT can't touch him as far as copyright shit goes.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2003, 01:44:03 PM »
^^^^ yeah ok johnny cochran.  why don't you speak on something else you don't know about?

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Cant spell the West wit out the ES
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2003, 05:34:02 PM »
honestly nobody in the east unless they look for it deep which most dont wont even know any diffrence because 95% of the east dont even know who JT or his get low records are  independent and strictly bay/west and some cds in the south But memphis bleek is in the ROC
there on BET MTV all radio stations the roc has platinum cds You think bleek cares what JT thinks hell No
JT might be ten years strong but bleek is 6 years and reconized all across the country and many parts of the world thats the reality the only way to have the respect for the other to bow down is if JT was famous worldwide and on MTV and had major label distribution EX-Universal interscope def jam ect

and dont sleep and think just cause bleek from the east JT and his click can ride on bleek cause bleek isnt no studio chump but yall wont know about that ya'll not from NY PA or NJ

B.O.X.

• 'G'
  • BRILLIANCE PERSONIFIED
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2003, 05:45:18 PM »
alotta times niggas come from the street,and to be quite honest don't know business,shit bleek and them been calling themselves get low,and they figured why not name they label after that,they ain't know of no jt,so they can't be mad at that initially,but since they had that meeting and worked shit out,and since jt had the name first,he should have changed the name up a lil,and fucc it they should even do a side project together get low west/get low east,thats more exposure and more money,shit jt could sellout shows and the east and bleek and them could sell out shows out west,both companys win fucc beef,especailly between brothas
ONE OF THE ILLEST EVER, 4EVER ROLL'N WITH C.I. NIGGA

SGV

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »
honestly nobody in the east unless they look for it deep which most dont wont even know any diffrence because 95% of the east dont even know who JT or his get low records are  independent and strictly bay/west and some cds in the south But memphis bleek is in the ROC
there on BET MTV all radio stations the roc has platinum cds You think bleek cares what JT thinks hell No
JT might be ten years strong but bleek is 6 years and reconized all across the country and many parts of the world thats the reality the only way to have the respect for the other to bow down is if JT was famous worldwide and on MTV and had major label distribution EX-Universal interscope def jam ect

and dont sleep and think just cause bleek from the east JT and his click can ride on bleek cause bleek isnt no studio chump but yall wont know about that ya'll not from NY PA or NJ
LMAO @ this attitude. So, what you're saying is Bleek shouldn't be a man and keep his word because he's semi famous(not due to talent, but due to affiliation). That's bullshit. If Bleek was a man, he would've kept his word. But, it's obvious he's not. LMAO @ Bleek not being studio. Right.