Author Topic: JT speaks on the Memphis Bleek/Get Low issue...  (Read 562 times)

Don Breezio

Re:JT speaks on the Memphis Bleek/Get Low issue...
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2003, 08:47:34 PM »
ok heres what im going to say...i dont wanna hear any shit on business or anything...im not talking about business im talking about morals here:

yes...bleek is a bitch for not respecting the fact that JT had the name first...he should change it

JT has it copyrighted therefore it is legally his.

the east coast fans that listen to bleek most likely have no damn clue who JT is or get low...so who gives a shit

bleeks get low is about as well known as marilyn mansons gender...again...who gives a shit

doing get low west/get low east is a damn good idea...does anybody actually disagree with any of those?

budsmokeronly

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2003, 08:50:34 PM »
the east coast fans that listen to bleek most likely have no damn clue who JT is or get low...so who gives a shit

bleeks get low is about as well known as marilyn mansons gender...again...who gives a shit

doing get low west/get low east is a damn good idea...does anybody actually disagree with any of those?

no matter how small it is, I wouldn't wanna be affiliated with Bleek's bitch ass.

Don Breezio

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2003, 08:52:40 PM »

no matter how small it is, I wouldn't wanna be affiliated with Bleek's bitch ass.

you pretty well just proved my point...95% of the people who listen to JT's get low are going to hate bleek in the first place and not give a shit about anything that he puts out. and 95% of the people who listen to memphis bleek regularly are going to either not like westcoast rap or not know who JT & get low is...therefore the only problem should really be the fact that bleek punked out and didnt change his shit.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2003, 09:29:51 PM »
^^^^^ No that's not the problem you moron, the problem is people are going to assume bleek has affiliation with JT and Get Low, whereas really there is no affiliation at all.  There is people out there who luv JT and Get Low records, and they see shit that bleek is doin under the same name get low.  they think shit, I gotta check this out cause I luv get low shit.  then they check it out, and they think its wack.  then they start thinkin jt's get low is gettin wack.  That is just one small misunderstanding that can arise out of this situation.  Again, Luke I'm goin to tell you - don't speak on issues they you know nothing about.

Don Breezio

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2003, 09:40:01 PM »
read my previous statement...it proved you wrong.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2003, 09:55:27 PM »
you didn't prove anything, you pulled a bunch of shit outta your ass.  Where the hell did you get those figures?  Same place your head is?  You can't just go and take someone elses name of their business.  It's that simple.  Doesn't matter how big or how small.  You don't know anything about that 95% number you pulled out your ass.  Get Low Records has sold millions of records.  There is a lot of stupid people in the world, especially america.  there are going to be people confused over the name.  Guaranteed their will be people who will think bleek is affiliated with JT's Get Low Records.  If just 1 person believes that, then that is Bleek benefitting from the name which he stole from JT, and JT is not benefitting from it.

What if tommorrow some huge horrible scandle came out all over.  Say all over in the Media "Bleek of Get Low arrested for rape and murder!"

Look what that could do to JT and Get Low Records.

Man I could make numerous examples of why Bleek cannot just take that name.  Either you get it or your fuckin retarded.

Don Breezio

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2003, 10:06:10 PM »
i get that but JT can benefit from it too. you say bleek benefits over it but you're not thinking the other way either...most of the people who listen to JT are westcoast heads...if bleek releases something seriously dope (like M.A.D.E. which i know a lot wont agree but a lot will too) then he could concievably bring a whole new audience to JT's get low...if the east coast heads see memph is on get low and then hear some shit about JT's get low...they very well could check out JT's get low and get hooked on that. i do understand what your saying and it makes total sense and i agree...the only thing i dont agree with is that there are going to be a lot of people who cross the two. you are right 1 person makes bleek benefit but im not arguing that bleek should change his name...fact is JT had it first so bleek should change it and not be a faggot about it.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2003, 10:10:50 PM »
dude, dumbass, its not about whether or not JT can benefit from it.  He came up with the name first, its his decision whether he wants bleek to use it or not.  JT doesn't want bleek to use it, he obviously does not want bleek to have any affiliation with him at all.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »
dude...you gotta get it through your head...im not debating about that...MEMPH SHOULD CHANGE HIS SHIT. HE IS BEING A BITCH ABOUT IT.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2003, 11:25:39 PM »
I agree with both of U....

but BOTTOM LINE....it's about having Priciples & Respect....fuc tha legal drama....dat aint shit....U didn't kno there's another Get Low? COO....I find that very hard 2 believe because of various reasons....but let's say he didn't kno about it....it's all good....muthafucaz approach U and "inform" U there's a legacy behind that name on tha other coast, don't use it....If he had respect 4 those people on da other coast....he would've changed it rite away....but I ain't seeing much respect after his new cd that came out....JT doesn't either....wat happens when people don't respect each other? CHECK YOUR 9th GRADE HISTORY BOOKS MUTHAFUCAZ!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Cant spell the West wit out the ES
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2003, 11:31:18 PM »
Ok to SGV's comment

Yeah bleek should be a man about it
but the truth is Bleek wont besides bleek is
the same man dissing his own label mates

BUT who are you to say bleeks studio?
in your mind any MC you dont like from the east
is a fake bleek has history here out east
just like JT does so dont speak on shit you know nothing
about and thats real talk right there

Don Breezio

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2003, 11:31:40 PM »
I agree with both of U....

but BOTTOM LINE....it's about having Priciples & Respect....fuc tha legal drama....dat aint shit....U didn't kno there's another Get Low? COO....I find that very hard 2 believe because of various reasons....but let's say he didn't kno about it....it's all good....muthafucaz approach U and "inform" U there's a legacy behind that name on tha other coast, don't use it....If he had respect 4 those people on da other coast....he would've changed it rite away....but I ain't seeing much respect after his new cd that came out....JT doesn't either....wat happens when people don't respect each other? CHECK YOUR 9th GRADE HISTORY BOOKS MUTHAFUCAZ!

i agree with that entirely...i also agree with it being very very unlikely that memph didnt know about get low...the dude is in the music biz...if your a fan of music thats a different story but im sure memph knew. and he definetely should've respected JT and get low...thats fucked up.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2003, 11:52:12 PM »
^ofcourse Bleek knew....shiit, i mean JT goes 2 tha award shows, I heard him personally say shit like...oh yea ima go 2 Source Awards this weekend etc....and he also attends most of da hip hop summits, he just isn't featured on TV or magazines so cats assume he aint nobody....he has pics with JayZ, Russel Simmons, Beanie Sigel and all them cats in his book....lmao, he even has this 1 pic where it's a bunch of people like jayz, dmx, busta rhymes etc and JT's tall ass is standin on da side wearing a fat ass GET LOW jacket......CMON BLEEK! dood gotta get his mind correct....

« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 11:53:42 PM by RODZILLA a.k.a tha7th »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!