Author Topic: Songs that make you think?  (Read 925 times)

Nightfall

Re:Songs that make you think?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2003, 11:55:03 AM »
Slug was just not born to rap, if he's a good writer he should write a book or something cause he's sounds so shitty on the mic.

YES! exactly! thank u, thats exactly what im sayin

songs that make me think.... hmmm

as mentioned before:
rjd2 ft. copywrite - june

and..
Mr Lif ft. Aesop Rock - Success (shit is soo deep)

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2003, 04:03:17 PM »
I downloaded "Woman With The Tattooed Hands" awhile ago and I'd have to say that that was Atmosphere's last chance with me.  Slug was just not born to rap, if he's a good writer he should write a book or something cause he's sounds so shitty on the mic.  Nerd rap has to be one of the worst things to happend to hip-hop.

very true
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2003, 08:17:38 PM »
I downloaded "Woman With The Tattooed Hands" awhile ago and I'd have to say that that was Atmosphere's last chance with me.  Slug was just not born to rap, if he's a good writer he should write a book or something cause he's sounds so shitty on the mic.  Nerd rap has to be one of the worst things to happen to hip-hop.

what makes it nerd rap? just because he's not comin with bullshit? its originality...something you rarely find in hip hop nowadays...shit like atmosphere & buck 65...the shit that takes some time to like is the shit that keeps me loving hip hop. but just because its not coming with some PIMP bullshit doesnt mean its "Nerd Rap"

willie_d

• 'G'
  • You ready? Here come the pain!
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2003, 04:39:53 AM »
Ooh, there are a lot. I like tracks that make me think, but it''s getting more difficult to find ''em these days. My list:
"Live your Life" by Cormega.
"Gangsta Madness'' by Above the Law.
''Comin' after you" by MC Ren and Ice Cube.
"Evil'' by Paris.
"Son of a Bush'' by Public Enemy.
The only way you can fuck with me, is in a orgy.

Nightfall

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2003, 05:32:56 AM »
I downloaded "Woman With The Tattooed Hands" awhile ago and I'd have to say that that was Atmosphere's last chance with me.  Slug was just not born to rap, if he's a good writer he should write a book or something cause he's sounds so shitty on the mic.  Nerd rap has to be one of the worst things to happen to hip-hop.

what makes it nerd rap? just because he's not comin with bullshit? its originality...something you rarely find in hip hop nowadays...shit like atmosphere & buck 65...the shit that takes some time to like is the shit that keeps me loving hip hop. but just because its not coming with some PIMP bullshit doesnt mean its "Nerd Rap"

i listen to  a lot of "weird" hip-hop, often considered nerd-rap aswell, but slug is really a horible rapper, hes original, but seriously, hes a horible rapper

"lookt in my reflection YES, im superfly, as i could guess again"

"go to hell girl u make me sick, i hope u do a boy with cancer in his dick"

shiit those are just horible lyrics

i give him props for being original and creative, and for having his own style, but his lyrics straight suck

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2003, 05:58:03 AM »
what makes it nerd rap?

I don't like to stereotype but...

He's a nerd, he raps
He appeals to nerds, who like rap [size=0.25](I'd say this applies to atleast 90% of his fans)[/size]

It's that easy.

...shit like atmosphere & buck 65...

And that Buck 65 is on some really fucked up shit.  Just cause he's original doesn't make him good.  I downloaded "The Centaur" (one great song) so I decide to download some other tracks off Vertex and good god is he horrible, he barely even raps and with that horrible flow comes his even worse voice that make him almost unlistenable.

lbc213

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2003, 07:24:12 AM »
Tupac feat Snoop & Prince Ital Joe - Street Life
Kurupt - I Don't Bang No More
BTNH - Crossroads
Luniz - Closer then Close

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2003, 11:18:54 AM »

i listen to  a lot of "weird" hip-hop, often considered nerd-rap aswell, but slug is really a horible rapper, hes original, but seriously, hes a horible rapper

"lookt in my reflection YES, im superfly, as i could guess again"

"go to hell girl u make me sick, i hope u do a boy with cancer in his dick"

shiit those are just horible lyrics

i give him props for being original and creative, and for having his own style, but his lyrics straight suck

what makes it nerd rap?

I don't like to stereotype but...

He's a nerd, he raps
He appeals to nerds, who like rap [size=0.25](I'd say this applies to atleast 90% of his fans)[/size]

It's that easy.

I couldn't possibly disagree more.. Slug's one of the greatest rappers ever and his lyrics are far from wack.. sayin he just sounds shitty is nothin but ignorant, if yall don't like his voice or flow that's ur taste then, it's not like he doesn't have a flow at all or anything like that, which could justify sayin he shouldn't rap

if u don't like his slow flow try tracks like 'One Of A Kind'

--

You could never learn how to ride a bike without balance
So what's the point of trying to grab the mic without talents

SGV

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2003, 01:13:10 PM »
Yea, Slug ain't that great to me. Ant's production saves him.

HIPPI

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2003, 01:33:51 PM »
Kurupt - I Don't Bang No More

Our very own board member, AG, has done a remix for this song called "I Don't NET-Bang No More"

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2003, 03:20:26 PM »
...Slug's one of the greatest rappers ever and his lyrics are far from wack [...] if yall don't like his voice or flow that's ur taste then, it's not like he doesn't have a flow at all or anything like that, which could justify sayin he shouldn't rap...

Agree.

...if u don't like his slow flow try tracks like 'One Of A Kind'...

Definitely agree!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2004, 01:02:05 AM »

One Life - Last Emperor (feat. Alicia Keys & Poetic)

Okay, that's not really Alicia Keys on the track, it just says that on Kazaa...PeACe

Don Breezio

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2004, 01:06:24 AM »

One Life - Last Emperor (feat. Alicia Keys & Poetic)

Okay, that's not really Alicia Keys on the track, it just says that on Kazaa...PeACe

it sounds exactly like her...who is it then

gdmfsob

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2004, 01:09:45 AM »
I couldn't possibly disagree more.. Slug's one of the greatest rappers ever and his lyrics are far from wack.. sayin he just sounds shitty is nothin but ignorant, if yall don't like his voice or flow that's ur taste then, it's not like he doesn't have a flow at all or anything like that, which could justify sayin he shouldn't rap

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2004, 01:10:43 AM »
Everlast - What It's Like (Not really rap but fuck it)
Ice Cube - Bird In The Hand
K-Os - Rise Like The Sun
Pastor Troy - Vice Versa
Scarface - Mind Playin' Tricks '94
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE