Author Topic: Producer Of The Year?  (Read 860 times)

Quadruple OG

Re:Producer Of The Year?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2003, 03:59:11 PM »
1. R. Kelly: started off the year rough, but the second half of the year, everyone wanted an R. Kelly beat, and he is all over the place, not just on Hip-Hop/rap stations, but on pop stations as well.  "Clubbin'", "Giggalo", "Hotel", "Ignition (remix)", "Girlfriend (remix)", and more were bangin

2. Neptunes: same as R. Kelly, but I'm a bigger fan of Kel's beats than the Neptunes.  although they come close to R. Kelly with the beat to "Milkshake", which the bitches love

3a. Just Blaze: produced a lot of hits, including "Fire", "Pump it up", "Party and bullshit 2003", and more.

3b. Dr. Dre: helped blow up 50 cent with "In Da Club", and the song "Not today" by eve, which is one of my top 5 favorite Dre beats ever and IMO beat of the year

personally, I'm not a big fan of Kanye West...the sped up vocals are coo for like one or 2 songs, but using it over and over and over and over again and then having producers try to copy it is ridiculous
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 04:02:38 PM by Kapone »

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2003, 04:16:11 PM »
i gotta go with these guys

Kanye West - this guys production is off hook and he uses samples so good like primo

Neptunes - they have been all over the place the last 2 years or so and they continue to release dope music

Dr. Dre - for obvious reasons, his work off the G Unit and 50 Cent albums, hopefully we hear some new stuff for 2004

LIFE

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2003, 05:07:00 PM »
R KELLY  HANDS DOWN HE'S BEEN PUTTING IT DOWN 4444444444  YEARS.....

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2003, 07:15:33 PM »
Kanye West

B.O.X.

• 'G'
  • BRILLIANCE PERSONIFIED
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2003, 07:23:35 PM »
ummmmm kayne is cool but real muthafuccas know all his shit is,is rza production,cuzz ain't start the sped up sample shit either,fucc'n above the law had a sped up sample on ballin and that was bacc in the day yell
ONE OF THE ILLEST EVER, 4EVER ROLL'N WITH C.I. NIGGA

Kaidy

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2003, 07:50:45 PM »
I'm just gonna pick some people nobody else did.

Scott Storch - Finally stepped out of the shadows and produced for some BIG names all on his own. But still has a unique and interesting sound, not really watered down at all.

Timbaland - Still Timbo, just the consumate professional and still always trying new things. eg Heartburn off the new Alicia Keys. very nice

Andre 3000 - Did nobody else hear The Love Below? Production on this was just incredible. Funk, soul, jazz, hip-hop? whatever it was, it was amazing. Oh and original too , an interesting concept in 2003.

SGV

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2003, 08:12:43 PM »
Andre 3000 - Did nobody else hear The Love Below? Production on this was just incredible. Funk, soul, jazz, hip-hop? whatever it was, it was amazing. Oh and original too , an interesting concept in 2003.
Sleeper! Great choice. Forgot about Andre.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2003, 08:36:09 PM »
Dj premier - ownerzzzz

battlecat - west koasta nostra

alicia keys - listen to the diary of alicia keys and you will agree...she produced  or at least co-produced the majority on the album, let alone the lyrics & vocals
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2003, 09:20:44 PM »
Kanye West Slow Jamz" is the shit and You Dont know my Name (Alicia Keys) is so great He's gonna be on Top

Lil Jon Everyone was konockin their head to "I dont Give a Fuck" , "Damn" , Quik To bac Down and the "soon-to-be-a-hit" "Come Get Some" By TLC is going to be a great club joint

R.Kelly he was everywhere this year from B2K, Marques Houston, Joe To JS & Isley Brothers in fact most of the R&B single this year were R.Kelly produced tracks...props to the man

« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 09:33:30 PM by .:Bigg Chillah:. »

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2003, 10:08:23 PM »
Kanye West Slow Jamz" is the shit and You Dont know my Name (Alicia Keys) is so great He's gonna be on Top

Lil Jon Everyone was konockin their head to "I dont Give a Fuck" , "Damn" , Quik To bac Down and the "soon-to-be-a-hit" "Come Get Some" By TLC is going to be a great club joint

R.Kelly he was everywhere this year from B2K, Marques Houston, Joe To JS & Isley Brothers in fact most of the R&B single this year were R.Kelly produced tracks...props to the man

I gotta agree with ya
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

KVB

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2003, 10:34:10 PM »
#1: Kanye West: He was amazing this year. From his work on The Black Album ("Encore", "Lucifer") to great beats for artists like DMX ("Dog's Out"), Ludacris ("Stand Up"), Nappy Roots ("These Walls"), and now the new Alicia Keys single ("You Don't Know My Name"), he hit us with tight beats from every angle this year. He also had some nice mixtapes out this year, not to mention the new College Dropout advance which is banging. Hands down the best producer of 2003, in my opinion.

#2: Just Blaze: He impressed me a lot this year. He did some of the biggest singles out this year like Fabolous' "Can't Let You Go", Joe Budden's "Pump It Up", Keith Murray's "Yeah Yeah U Know It", Freeway, Jay-Z & Beanie Sigel's "What We Do" and so on. Being The Roc's head honcho behind the boards, he produced the majority of Freeway and Memphis Bleek's 2003 releases, and also did hot beats on Diplomatic Immunity and The Black Album. A natural choice for #2.

#3: Dr. Dre: Delivered the goods as usual, though he could of been more visible throughout the year. "Poppin' Them Thangs" was his hottest track this year. Did a great job on Obie Trice and 50's albums, "In Da Club" alone solidifies his position in the top 3.

Honorable mentions: Steve Stoupe, 9th Wonder, The Neptunes, Eminem

Don Breezio

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2003, 10:48:37 PM »
i cant believe im the only one who had 9th wonder in the top 3...people sleepin on little brother

Young Griff

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2003, 11:57:29 PM »
Neptunes. "What Happened To That Boy" is still one of the hardest beats this year. I don't care what anyone says, their production on that Star Trak album knocked, especially "Rock n Roll." The Kelis track is a hot beat, too.
That "Rock N Roll" is my shit...I havent been liking much of the Neptunes beats right now but im definitely feelin that one.  Lil Flip came tight on the remix too.

IMO top 3 are:

Dr. Dre:  In Da Club alone should put him in the running alone.  The track ended up bein played the most ever in radio, helped sell 6 million albums, and everybody and they mama had a remix.  Other noticeable beats were Mary J. Blige's "Not Today", his work on Obie Trice's album, "Poppin them Thangs," "G'd Up."  He didnt drop as much material as other producers, but those that did come out were straight.

R. Kelly:  Kells produced for everyone this year.  He beefed up tracks of people you normally wouldnt listen to.  He shows no signs of slowing down as he about to do Tyrese's whole album (or much of the production).

Kanye West:  Kanye is the type of producer that can work with the underground, less known, and the mainstream and satisfy everyone.  He's signed to a big label, but isnt afraid to give back.  His work on Alicia Keys and Ludacris will put him in higher demand.

Noteworthy producers:  9th Wonder, DJ Premier, Lil Jon (not a huge fan of his but he's makin paper, so i cant hate).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 11:57:57 PM by YoungGriffin2k3 »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2003, 02:01:53 AM »
1. Eminem ---> The Pac remixes, Obie Trice, GRODT,...
2. Battlecat ---> Boo Yaa TRIBE (tight production, from beginning to end)
3. Young Tre ---> 2003 was the first time I heard from him (Ghetto, Gutter & Gangsta, WSC album,...and I'm feeling his style).

mauzip

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2003, 02:14:23 AM »
1) R. Kelly - This man proved once again why I think he's a genius.

2) Dr. Dre - In Da Club, Satisfaction... fuck, this man can make wack rappers have dope songs :o

3) Just Blaze - Been on a lot of records, almost all tight joints.