Author Topic: Producer Of The Year?  (Read 859 times)

SGV

Re:Producer Of The Year?
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2003, 10:17:09 AM »
^^ I chose Eminem because he came up this year and was nearly everywhere with his productions (Nas, Jay-Z, 2Pac, 50 Cent, Obie Trice, etc.). I agree that you can recognize a Eminem beat out of 100 beats, but I don't see this as a bad aspect, because SGV for example listed the Neptunes, although I can recognize a Neptunes beat out of 100 beats too (but I have to agree that their production for that Baby/Clipse collabo was tight). And Eminem had many great beats, I especially love that new one for 2Pac's "Runnin'". And this new style he came up with at the time of "8 Mile" was very tight, I love the soundtrack and the Shady tracks he did the last time.
It's not that you can pull an Eminem beat out of 100. It's that all his beats, to me, sound too similar. The Neptunes flipped it this year. They didn't put out a bunch of beats that sounded the same like the past few years.

Don Breezio

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2003, 10:19:00 AM »
^^^ Excuse Me Miss, Beautiful, Frontin' were virtually the same beat with a very tiny bit of difference.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2003, 10:32:04 AM »
1-kanye west - his productions gone from sick beats to sick beats that gon make a hit..........his shits been hittin this year no doubt

yep and..
battlecat - boo yaa tribe

SGV

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2003, 10:42:19 AM »
^^^ Excuse Me Miss, Beautiful, Frontin' were virtually the same beat with a very tiny bit of difference.
I don't think so. They didn't sound exactly alike, to me.

Don Breezio

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2003, 11:19:36 AM »
I don't think so. They didn't sound exactly alike, to me.

the first time i heard beautiful i thought "wow...thats the same beat as excuse me miss!" (could've been the other way around...dont remember which came out first)...and the first time i heard frontin' i thought "wow...the neptunes are re-using beats"

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2003, 07:46:54 PM »
I used to like Em's beats until he flipped them over and over again. When I first heard Moment Of Clarity I thought Jay did a freestyle to Nas's The Cross. Exact same beat.

Producer of the year goes to:

Paris - Sonic Jihad was his best produced yet, although all of them have been great.
Dj Premier - 2 Words: The Ownerz.
Kanye West - He's just killing it right now.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

HIPPI

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2003, 11:24:11 PM »
1. KANYE WEST

MoneyMayne

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2003, 11:53:22 PM »
lil jon is week as fuck mayne why all yall like his ameture ass production?

producers of the year are fredwreck kon artist and eminem and thas fa sho.

Man-At-Arms

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2003, 02:03:03 AM »
good listining from all. I would add Jazze Pha for "Choosin" (Too Short) and productions on Outkast, Big Tymers, Bow Wow...(I mean the beats not the lyrics). For me it is R.Kelly for all his Club Bangers, following is Dr.Dre.  

Foesum

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2003, 09:38:37 AM »
i told ya'll its Kanye West hands down.

and "Get By" and "Encore" are his beats beats this year.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2003, 04:41:58 PM »
1) 9th Wonder - Little Brother album, the Nas album remix, all the justice league stuff has all been dope. The Threat beat was probably one of his weakest this year. Gonna get a lot of new fans in 2004, expect him to be one of the most sought after producers.

2) Kanye West - Loads of dope shit this year, from the advance the production on his album is amazing, and all his tracks for other people have been fire.

3) DJ Premier - Not many big name productions this year from Preem, but we got a new Gangstarr album full of dope beats, a few NYGz and various other associations tracks, not to mention dopeness for Big Daddy Kane, Pitch Black and Royce.

Don Breezio

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2003, 08:21:12 PM »
sadly 56 people have replied to this post and only me, waitin for the dj, and c2knuckles have put 9th wonder in our top 3. shit is sad as hell

Jome

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2003, 08:46:11 PM »
sadly 56 people have replied to this post and only me, waitin for the dj, and c2knuckles have put 9th wonder in our top 3. shit is sad as hell

Still, it reflects how big he is in the scene..
The beat he did for Jigga, was good, not fantastic.
He's gonna to frequent more hi-profile rappers albums before you can talk of him as #1 producer of the year, he haven't made the impact that e.g. Kanye West have, yet..

Don Breezio

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2003, 09:02:38 PM »
^^ yeah but to be a top producer you dont necessarily need to make an impact. you just need to make good beats...stoupe didnt make much of an impact either but i would say he's one of the best. little brothers album is amazing. the beats on it are like something from another world. i imagine you havent heard little bro's album or you'd probably be saying different jome...but if you havent heard it you need to. album of the year period.

Jome

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2003, 09:05:17 PM »
^^ yeah but to be a top producer you dont necessarily need to make an impact. you just need to make good beats...stoupe didnt make much of an impact either but i would say he's one of the best. little brothers album is amazing. the beats on it are like something from another world. i imagine you havent heard little bro's album or you'd probably be saying different jome...but if you havent heard it you need to. album of the year period.

Yeah, I've been looking for that album, and it seems near impossible to find, even when it was just released.. availability is another issue here, some people doesn't even know he exists.