Author Topic: It Looks Like Libya Learned A Lesson From Iraq  (Read 313 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:It Looks Like Libya Learned A Lesson From Iraq
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2003, 04:35:20 PM »
You have to  ;) at the genius of Tony Blair and Jack Straw (Brit. Foreign secretary).  they were instrumental in this deal.  Their plan went like this.

1.  Find a tinpot country with a loopy dictator who craves to be taken seriously.
2.  Give him the option of surrendering his miniscule amount of chemical weapons that are so old they would probably be ineffective and that he can't deliver any further than Egypt in return for a 'statesman's role' on the international scene.  
3.  Present result as vindication of Iraqi war.  "Look, the bad man can't give nasty weapons to nasty terrorists now."

Now as long as we don't mention that he has been executing thousands of Islamic fundamentalists in the last few years, people will believe this!

Exactly, plus Qadhafi is no fool. This move puts pressure on Israel to come clean, and gives Qadhafi the spotlight his ego desires
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2003, 05:11:36 PM »
Here, I'll do your homework since you're not intelligent enough to.  

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.htm

Sorry about that. It's so believable I didn't know it was a hoax.

No prob., now you know!

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2003, 05:13:26 PM »
You have to  ;) at the genius of Tony Blair and Jack Straw (Brit. Foreign secretary).  they were instrumental in this deal.  Their plan went like this.

1.  Find a tinpot country with a loopy dictator who craves to be taken seriously.
2.  Give him the option of surrendering his miniscule amount of chemical weapons that are so old they would probably be ineffective and that he can't deliver any further than Egypt in return for a 'statesman's role' on the international scene.  
3.  Present result as vindication of Iraqi war.  "Look, the bad man can't give nasty weapons to nasty terrorists now."

Now as long as we don't mention that he has been executing thousands of Islamic fundamentalists in the last few years, people will believe this!

Yeah, it was a great move by this guy, he had everything to gain in the situation, he showed an intelligence you don't see often in these regime countries.  Look how fucking stupid Saddam was, he lost both his sons and his freedom because he wanted to play hide the pea with Hans Blix.  

HIPPI

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2003, 10:40:37 PM »
Cool, pretty soon only the U.S. will have WMDs. I wonder what the point of that is.

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2003, 11:07:56 PM »
So we rule the world and can't be fucked with.  What's wrong with that? Self-preservation is #1 on evvvvvverybody's list, don't kid yourself.  

HIPPI

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2003, 11:10:34 PM »
We rule the world, and kill any innocent people who stand in our way. It's the neo-cons' plan. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can see this.

HIPPI

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2003, 11:13:47 PM »
You think the Patriot Act was written in that short period of time? Roughly 400 pages? LOL, please. They had that shit written up, and ready to go; they just waited for the perfect time, 9/11 was it.

BTW, Trauma, you NEVER replied to that Patriot Act SONNING I served you with. I didn't expect you to though, so it's ok. You learned your place and you shut the fuck up, just like you should.  :-*

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2003, 08:19:56 AM »
Another thing, Gaddafi began these negotiations way before the Iraq war was a certainty to happen.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2003, 10:53:24 AM »
Another thing, Gaddafi began these negotiations way before the Iraq war was a certainty to happen.
it was always a certanty

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2003, 10:59:19 AM »
Didn't negotiations begin in March and the war as well? I honestly can't remember when the war started.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2003, 04:09:01 PM »
it was always a certanty

I'm talking 1998 here

HIPPI

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2003, 04:11:22 PM »
And it wasn't ALWAYS a certainty. Only after Saddam nationalized the oil fields.