Author Topic: Faith & Religion  (Read 709 times)

Zero4eva

Faith & Religion
« on: August 28, 2002, 09:09:57 PM »
Faith is natural. Religion isn't.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Nature of the Threat!!!!!!
Re: Faith & Religion
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 09:32:16 PM »
It seems that you lack the words to truly express all that you feel.  I desire to understand you, because I truly believe that you have something of value to add to this forum.  But until you can find the words that will illustrate your viewpoint in full focus, you messages will go unrecognized, unrecieved, and unregistered.

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 09:40:29 PM »
He made his point short and sweet. He doesn't have to use alot of big words to get it across.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 09:45:01 PM »
He made his point short and sweet. He doesn't have to use alot of big words to get it across.

If it is infact short and sweet then could you please explain to me what it is he has said.  I believe that he made it so short so that it could not be picked apart.  

He said religion is not natural.  I want to know how religion is not natural?  Do we not have a Creator?  Is he not worthy of our worship?  Are we not a part of the creation?  These questions need to be explained.

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 09:48:11 PM »
Well what I got from it was that faith is a natural action that everyone has. We all have faith in something.

Religion is man made and not natural.

Now I may not agree with that statement, but it makes sense to me nonetheless.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2002, 09:50:13 PM »
Well what I got from it was that faith is a natural action that everyone has. We all have faith in something.

Religion is man made and not natural.

Now I may not agree with that statement, but it makes sense to me nonetheless.

To say that my religion is unnatural is to say that the creation is unnatural.  Because we are only an instrument of his creation.

Eldridge Cleaver

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2002, 10:06:43 PM »
Faith is natural. Religion isn't.

i fully agree.  I believe in god but i believe organized religion is complete bull shit mostly b/c of this,  in some religions,  if u dont follow tha religion your going to hell even if u lived a good life.  Im catholic,  non catholics r goin to hell occording to my faith.  So that means millions upon  millions r goin to hell b/c there not catholic even if they lived a good life.  Dont make sense 2 me

Zero4eva

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2002, 10:10:20 PM »
It seems that you lack the words to truly express all that you feel.

nope. it was just a blatant way to stir up attention :D

Zero4eva

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2002, 10:15:48 PM »

He said religion is not natural.  I want to know how religion is not natural?  

of course religion is natural. just like love, hate, murder, homosexuality etc

Do we not have a Creator?  Is he not worthy of our worship?  Are we not a part of the creation?  

I believe in such a concept as a creator. I dunno whether he wants to be worshipped or just watch me living my life.

Zero4eva

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2002, 10:19:52 PM »

To say that my religion is unnatural is to say that the creation is unnatural.

yes.

Because we are only an instrument of his creation.

That's contrary to my belief. We're the creator's children, not  instruments of his creation.

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2002, 10:22:57 PM »

i fully agree.  I believe in god but i believe organized religion is complete bull shit mostly b/c of this,  in some religions,  if u dont follow tha religion your going to hell even if u lived a good life.  Im catholic,  non catholics r goin to hell occording to my faith.  So that means millions upon  millions r goin to hell b/c there not catholic even if they lived a good life.  Dont make sense 2 me

So you believe that Islam is complete bullshit because it teaches you that if you implement the religion into your life you will be in heaven, and if you are a member of Shatan's outcasted rebels you will dwell in hell.

But I ask you Tom, is your mind not currently in hell?

Was my mind, not previously in hell before the advent of Islam into my life?

See, there are layers to this Tom.  It is not in black and white.  For example, the Holy Grail, it can be taken as a spiritual metaphor to teach a lesson, or it can be taken as literal, physical and material.

But much of religion is spiritual, and it does exist in the mind.  Heaven and Hell is in the mind.  Like 2pac said, "Have you ever seen a crackhead/ That's eternal fire."

The Qu'ran and the religion of Allah has been sent as a mercy to us.  It is not to discourage you.  If you feel burdened then maybe you are misinterpreting the Qu'ran.  It is there to help us find the eternal light of the creator.  Anything that stands in the way of that is Gani, and that is bad.  Some Muslims may interpret parts of the Qu'ran as literal, and some may interpret it as a spiritual metaphor.  But you are only placing damage upon yourself if you see it in a way that is not adventagous to your development as a human being, and your effort to reach your full potential in this life.

Do you only desire cheap thrills of fun and excitement in this life?  Or are you trying to achieve your full potential?

Eldridge Cleaver

Zero4eva

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2002, 10:39:16 PM »
As soon as faith is converted into some kind of organized religion power structures emerge, hierarchies are established, and the original intentions disappear. It's all about worshipping a structure - made by man against man. I got respect for people's belief - as long as they do not cause harm to anyone. I got no respect for Christians who support the death penalty, Muslims who support suicide bombings, Jews who support Sharon's policy on Palestine, etc..

Zero4eva

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2002, 10:42:05 PM »

So you believe that Islam is complete bullshit because it teaches you that if you implement the religion into your life you will be in heaven, and if you are a member of Shatan's outcasted rebels you will dwell in hell.

But I ask you Tom, is your mind not currently in hell?

Was my mind, not previously in hell before the advent of Islam into my life?

See, there are layers to this Tom.  It is not in black and white.  For example, the Holy Grail, it can be taken as a spiritual metaphor to teach a lesson, or it can be taken as literal, physical and material.

But much of religion is spiritual, and it does exist in the mind.  Heaven and Hell is in the mind.  Like 2pac said, "Have you ever seen a crackhead/ That's eternal fire."

The Qu'ran and the religion of Allah has been sent as a mercy to us.  It is not to discourage you.  If you feel burdened then maybe you are misinterpreting the Qu'ran.  It is there to help us find the eternal light of the creator.  Anything that stands in the way of that is Gani, and that is bad.  Some Muslims may interpret parts of the Qu'ran as literal, and some may interpret it as a spiritual metaphor.  But you are only placing damage upon yourself if you see it in a way that is not adventagous to your development as a human being, and your effort to reach your full potential in this life.

Do you only desire cheap thrills of fun and excitement in this life?  Or are you trying to achieve your full potential?

I don't believe in hell. The concept of hell was created to oppress people. I believe in life.

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2002, 10:47:32 PM »

I don't believe in hell. The concept of hell was created to oppress people. I believe in life.

Or the concept of heaven was created, by the Creator of all, so that we could be liberated and achieve our true nature.

Eldridge Cleaver

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2002, 10:49:18 PM »
As soon as faith is converted into some kind of organized religion power structures emerge, hierarchies are established, and the original intentions disappear. It's all about worshipping a structure - made by man against man. I got respect for people's belief - as long as they do not cause harm to anyone. I got no respect for Christians who support the death penalty, Muslims who support suicide bombings, Jews who support Sharon's policy on Palestine, etc..

Islam worships no structure.  We only worship the creator.  And resistence is sometimes used as a means for maintaining the moral sanctity of society, and defending the rights of your fellow man.  And may the peace of Allah be unto you.

Eldridge Cleaver