Author Topic: Question for prince tech about american brainwashi  (Read 693 times)

HBKid_Jr

Question for prince tech about american brainwashi
« on: August 23, 2002, 08:27:30 AM »
i didnt wanna flood that other post so i'll jus make a topic.  you said america brainwashes you an forces you to forget where ya from.  than why do i still see so many people dressing  in there heritages clothing.  why do i see hindu's walkin aroud wit turbans still.  why do i here puerto rican walkin around wit shirts sayin puerto rico an speakin spanish still.  How come flushin queens is chinese,  all tha stores r chinese an shit.  Tha newspapers call hicksville lil india.  I see mad peeps wit turbans,  there's even an indian movie theatre.  From tha way you talk about american brainwashing it sounds like every1 would be wearin blue jeans speakin english an be christian.  I dont see that tho.  I see people still keepin it real wit there roots.  i see people mixing cultures together.  am i missin suptin here.  You said canada no1 descriminates,  you could go out in tha streets an walk in afgan clothing an no1 would bother you about it.  you live in toronto tho which is a major city which would make it more liberal,  thats what you said about ny.  So what i get from that is,  in small towns,  they force you to forget your roots.  So in a small canadian town they wont do tha same thing, there as liberal an open as a big city in canada
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

HBKid_Jr

Re: Question for prince tech about american brainw
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 08:51:01 AM »
why cant tech answer this

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 09:06:57 AM »
Same with L.A. People everywhere represent their heritage and practice their beliefs and traditions.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 12:01:13 PM »
North Carolina is right in the middle of the 'bible belt' so you'd think that would be the worst here, but however we have tons of diversity, all with their own heritage all over town.  We have Mosques, etc. in town.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 12:14:28 PM »
no. what i said was major cities and small towns are obviously in comparable

i wasnt speakin on specifics but generally speaking

for example, u are naming examples of multiculturalism in your hometown, no doubt that may be the case

but america is still a melting pot, where replacing american culture over your own is encouraged subversibly
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2002, 12:50:24 PM »
no. what i said was major cities and small towns are obviously in comparable

i wasnt speakin on specifics but generally speaking

for example, u are naming examples of multiculturalism in your hometown, no doubt that may be the case

but america is still a melting pot, where replacing american culture over your own is encouraged subversibly

Intresting...

Look what you wrote here:

see i aint from the US, i reside in Canada

thus, when i came here, this wonderful multicultural society enabled me to maintain my Afghan backround wit my new found Canadian indentity

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2002, 12:58:17 PM »
your point being?

in canada, i have managed to maintain my afghan identity wit my canadian one

wont  happen in the states, maybe the first generation, but eventually you will be sucked into the melting pot

nice try
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2002, 01:09:19 PM »
http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=melting%20pot

A place where immigrants of different cultures or races form an integrated society: “Canadians... liked to think of their country as a mosaic rather than a melting pot” (Kenneth McNaught).

Canada is a melting pot too...

How do you know this for a fact? Can you prove this with statistics or reptuable information?

You seem to know a whole lot about American for spending such a short time there...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2002, 01:15:49 PM »
my bad, i meant mosaic

i get those 2 terms mixed up, since i learned about it in Geography class

now, despite that mistake.......???

- Lewis Carroll

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2002, 02:39:47 PM »
your point being?

in canada, i have managed to maintain my afghan identity wit my canadian one

wont  happen in the states, maybe the first generation, but eventually you will be sucked into the melting pot

nice try

I couldn't disagree more. People that come from different nations are able to maintain their American identity with their homeland as well. I know my dad's side of the family has after they came here from Armenia. The American culture are many cultures together. That's how it is out in Cali, I can't speak for the rest of the nation.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

infinite59

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2002, 02:47:32 PM »
Englewood Quik needs to get off Tech's nuts.  I think Englewood Quik makes good arguments and I respect his opinions even when they are in contrast with my own.  But don't just ride a muthafucka, Tech doesn't ride you in every thread.

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2002, 03:49:41 PM »
Englewood Quik needs to get off Tech's nuts.  I think Englewood Quik makes good arguments and I respect his opinions even when they are in contrast with my own.  But don't just ride a muthafucka, Tech doesn't ride you in every thread.

Why are you riding my nuts?     ;)

I just want to get more information about Tech's beliefs and view of the world. It amazes me how somebody can be so anti-American yet never spent quality time there. Im trying to find out where this deep rooted dislike comes from. Last time I checked, there wasn't a rule about where I posted...

infinite59

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2002, 04:10:01 PM »

Why are you riding my nuts?     ;)

I just want to get more information about Tech's beliefs and view of the world. It amazes me how somebody can be so anti-American yet never spent quality time there. Im trying to find out where this deep rooted dislike comes from. Last time I checked, there wasn't a rule about where I posted...

Tech has first hand knowledge on America's foriegn policy because he has family he is close with oversee's.  

Now...... let's get back on topic, I apologize for getting off-topic.......

I think that America is better then most country's about promoting multi-culturalism.  However, I understand what Tech is saying.

Woodrow

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2002, 04:13:20 PM »

Tech has first hand knowledge on America's foriegn policy because he has family he is close with oversee's.  

One last thing... This wouldn't be first hand knowledge...

Back to the topic!

infinite59

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2002, 07:59:05 PM »

One last thing... This wouldn't be first hand knowledge...

Back to the topic!

When he gets information from a person that lives in the mid-east, or when he visits them, that is first hand knowledge he is recieving.  Is it not?