Author Topic: Jome! Scandinavia question!  (Read 135 times)

mauzip

Jome! Scandinavia question!
« on: December 24, 2003, 02:29:02 AM »
At school I always learned that Scandinavia is Norway, Sweden and Finland; and in parenthasis Iceland and Denmark. Now this one Norwegian guy I know told me that Finland isn't part of Scandinavia, but that Scandinavia = Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden & Faroer. Who is right? My elementary school teacher or this Norwegian guy?

HIPPI

Re:Jome! Scandinavia question!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 02:40:18 AM »
Did you blow him afterwards? Cuz maybe he was just trying to show you he's smart so he can get some play.

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 04:42:54 AM »
Shut up, idiot! I'm just asking a question and don't come with those idiotic comments of yours! I hope you get banned.

HIPPI

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 12:06:54 PM »
Shut up, idiot! I'm just asking a question and don't come with those idiotic comments of yours! I hope you get banned.

Hey don't get your panties in a twist. :-*

Jome

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 09:03:25 PM »
At school I always learned that Scandinavia is Norway, Sweden and Finland; and in parenthasis Iceland and Denmark. Now this one Norwegian guy I know told me that Finland isn't part of Scandinavia, but that Scandinavia = Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden & Faroer. Who is right? My elementary school teacher or this Norwegian guy?

None of them is right..

Scandinavia = Norway, Sweden, Denmark
(Faeroe Islands bka. Færøyene is considered Denmark)

Nordic countries = Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Finland

Some people consider Finland & Iceland part of Scandinavia, but I and most people don't, and the dictionary only have it in parenthasis.
The biggest difference is the language.

Swedes, Danes & Norwegians can all understand eachother perfectly well, but they speak a totally different language in Finland, and in Iceland they speak a ancient Norwegian language. (Which I only know 20% of)
Norway and Denmark used to own Iceland.
On a sidenote, a lot of Finnish people speak Swedish, so they can communicate with Danes & Norwegians as well.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 09:03:36 PM by Royce Jome »

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2003, 03:20:35 AM »
Alright :)