Author Topic: Eminem/Shady Records sues The Source/Benzino  (Read 793 times)

Citizen-Y

Re:Eminem/Shady Records sues The Source/Benzino
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2003, 07:16:16 PM »
Ice Cube, WC, 2Pac, Dead Prez have all said fuck whitey.

Where's the outrage there?

Oh yeah, I forgot about White man's guilt  ::)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2003, 07:52:20 PM »

More often than not, Black to White racism is a direct response to White to Black racism. I'm not saying I agree with that, but that's likely the reason.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2003, 07:57:11 PM »

SGV

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2003, 08:07:16 PM »
I'll put it this way. You got to have respect for your peers. Em is in a business that's dominated by blacks. The point is, NOW Em has respect, at the time he made the song he didn't. If Cube and them were in a business dominated by whites, then their lyrics would be targeted like Ems are.

bez

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2003, 08:12:52 PM »
Who gives a flying fuck if he actually made the song, who cares.

If Eminem put out a song that was racist now and if it was dope I would still bump it and rap along with it and shit just like I am sure many black people would if ice cube, dre, wc, snoop, kurupt, daz, jay z, nas or any other black aritist released a song dissing white people.  I know this, it wouldent stop me, being a white person myself, from listening to and enjoying the song.  

So what its been classed as a racist song but who gives a fuck, really.   In the most part it was prob aimed at his ex girlfriend and this is before he had blown the fuck up, he had nobody to appeal too, he was just doing his thing, I am sure if you raided any famous rappers old tapes that where made before they had become rich and succesful then you would find much worse than this stupid tape.  

Black people are so fucking annoying, racism doesn't work one way.  You need to tell all of your black race to stop being racist towards white people and then maybe whites would stop being racist towards blacks.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2003, 07:41:59 AM »
More often than not, Black to White racism is a direct response to White to Black racism. I'm not saying I agree with that, but that's likely the reason.

I'll put it this way. You got to have respect for your peers. Em is in a business that's dominated by blacks. The point is, NOW Em has respect, at the time he made the song he didn't. If Cube and them were in a business dominated by whites, then their lyrics would be targeted like Ems are.

both of ur statements are just explanations, not justification, u have to admit it's wrong, no matter whether it's his own fault, which it is, or not

no matter who's dominating or who's just being racist cuz he experienced racism against his own race, it's still wrong to make such a big deal out of a racist track by a white person when worse tracks been released by plenty of blacks and nobody has said shit

as for Lincoln's point, Em experienced alot 'black to white racism' too when he wasn't big, which may be another reason for the lyrics on the tape, but that doesn't justify shit and neither does it the other way

I ain't trippin about those disses to whites and I'm still listening to it but if u are trippin then do it both ways, no double standarts..

SGV

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2003, 11:35:03 AM »
^^I don't care either way as long as they ain't speaking on Latinos. That's why I lost respect for Scarface. But, nobody can justify what Em said, nobody can justify why Em shouldn't have said it. I just think Em should've had more respect than that for the Black community, since he was making BLACK music. The people who dish out the disses towards Whites, usually they're politically driven, dead prez, Cube, PE, etc. Does that make it justifiable? Nope. But, Blacks have faced FAR MORE racism from whites than whites have from Blacks. That's a fact. There is much more frustration in the Black and Latino communities over racism than there is in the white communities.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2003, 01:13:33 PM »
^^I don't care either way as long as they ain't speaking on Latinos. That's why I lost respect for Scarface. But, nobody can justify what Em said, nobody can justify why Em shouldn't have said it. I just think Em should've had more respect than that for the Black community, since he was making BLACK music. The people who dish out the disses towards Whites, usually they're politically driven, dead prez, Cube, PE, etc. Does that make it justifiable? Nope. But, Blacks have faced FAR MORE racism from whites than whites have from Blacks. That's a fact. There is much more frustration in the Black and Latino communities over racism than there is in the white communities.

2 points I disagree with, the 1rst is that I don't see why it's worse to diss blacks than to diss whites just cuz u a rapper and blacks started/dominate hiphop.. to me it's all the same plus he was dissing black females so if u think that's an argument u might aswell say it wasn't the females who started hiphop and who dominate it so fuck it

the 2nd is I think it's wrong to care about disses to ur own race when u don't care about others

If someone was dissing Asians cuz he has bad experiences with certain Asians I would think that's dumb/wrong (just like I do in Em's, Cube's, .. case) but still listen to it cuz I'd see what made him do it and even though it's wrong I'd understand

imo u should either care about all or none cuz there's not a single generally acceptable reason to make a difference about latinos or whoever

as for blacks having a reason to be more frustrated about racism, of course that's a fact, but who knows whether Em or Cube was more often discriminated against.. nobody does, and the discrimination of the past isn't Em's fault and doesn't give Cube more right to diss whites than Em has to diss blacks

SGV

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2003, 01:42:37 PM »
None of the comments are better or worse, but Em's just comes off as harsher considering the music business he's in. I don't feel bad for him because he made the song. His friends were black and he made the song. That's the point I'm trying to make. I don't care either way what Em or Cube or any of them say about Blacks and Whites, I'm neither. It doesn't affect me. But, when people like Scarface, who had many Latino fans, starts refering to us as Wetbacks, I take offense. It's ignorant.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2003, 03:38:30 AM »
None of the comments are better or worse, but Em's just comes off as harsher considering the music business he's in. I don't feel bad for him because he made the song. His friends were black and he made the song. That's the point I'm trying to make. I don't care either way what Em or Cube or any of them say about Blacks and Whites, I'm neither. It doesn't affect me. But, when people like Scarface, who had many Latino fans, starts refering to us as Wetbacks, I take offense. It's ignorant.

I like Ice Cube and we all know he has a shit load of white fans but he keeps saying cracker, white devil, europeon.  

I take offense to that.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2003, 06:31:02 AM »
everybody who disses Em for this recording should destroy all his Ice Cube CDs  right now if he has not yet.

any Ice Cube CDs left? yes? Hypocrites.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2003, 10:48:31 AM »

I like Ice Cube and we all know he has a shit load of white fans but he keeps saying cracker, white devil, europeon.  

I take offense to that.
Then the choice is yours. Do you want to support someone that offends you?

Citizen-Y

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2003, 04:45:06 PM »

I take offense to that.
Then the choice is yours. Do you want to support someone that offends you?

My problem is that I don't understand what the fuck he's talking about.  In one record he's screaming fuck whitey and then the next song he's rockin with Korn.

Then I see him laughing it up with the white guys on his movie set.  wtf is going on Cube?

Citizen-Y

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2003, 04:31:42 PM »
How the fuck is this different than Pac yelling "Fuck all you white people?"