Author Topic: y'all feelin the dirty south?  (Read 412 times)

jayo_felony

• Lil Geezy
y'all feelin the dirty south?
« on: December 26, 2003, 04:28:23 AM »
I used to listen mostly to west coast gangsta rap - spice one, jayo felony, mc eiht, WSC etc....

but now after hearing some tracks from the south and with the west not releasing much shit these days, I started feelin the south more, especially triple 6 mafia and youngbloodz, they got some real tight shit, and some Lil flip, Lil Jon, Ying Yang twins shit also...

are you feelin them too? where can i read some news about more shit from the south thats coming up?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:y'all feelin the dirty south?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2003, 05:22:42 AM »
yeah, I like the south, both the gangsta shit like three 6 (wack rappers but great ass producer) and other southern rap like cunninlynguists...check out

eightball
outkast
scarface
david banner
lil flip
master p (older stuff's better IMO)
goodie mob
cee-lo
dungeon family
crooked lettaz
BG
Kane & Abel ("Most Wanted")

there's alot more, but thats the ones that just popped into my head...

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2003, 12:03:58 PM »
ya, they got some real dope shit

I listen to
Big Tymers
Outkast
David Banner
Scarface
Nappy Roots
Three 6 Mafia
about 4 songs from Trick Daddy
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2003, 12:21:17 PM »
I aint feelin tha DIRTY DIRTY south...if u kno wat i mean....

but I am feelin alot of south, alwayz have....

UGK
Paul Wall & Chamillionaire
Scarface
Outkast
SPM
Z-Ro

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 04:06:41 PM »
fuck the south! I blame them for rap being as wack as it is now. Cash Money, No Limit, Chingy, and so on.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

NewJack

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 04:15:20 PM »
I like some South, but I've never really tried to get into it. I don't know what specific genre it would be classified under, but I love track #6 on Bubba Sparxxx's Deliverance. I don't know the name off hand, but the background music is all trumpets and a marching band and shit. The hook is extremely annoying, but the rapping is good and the beat is addicting. Anyone know of any other songs or rappers who use this style often? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: song = Overcome
« Last Edit: December 26, 2003, 04:16:15 PM by NewJack »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2003, 04:54:00 PM »
If I am feelin the dirty south?

-No.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2003, 06:26:01 PM »
Juicy J is sorta wack, but he's funny. DJ Paul has one of the best flows I've heard from any Producer/Rapper(Dre ain't got shit on him). Lord Infamous is one of the dopest emcees I've ever heard. People just don't listen hard enough. Crunchy Black is just there for comedic purposes. When they had Boo, she was one of the hardest females on the mic, barely in her teens/early 20s, too.

Pastor Troy, Dirty, Playa Fly, Skinny Pimp, Haystak, Towdown, CCC, SUC, U.G.K. all that. Love the South.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2003, 08:28:47 PM »
yeah im feelin people like scarface, eightbal, some cashmoney records, some older nolimit shit etc...

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2003, 09:17:41 PM »
fuck the south! I blame them for rap being as wack as it is now. Cash Money, No Limit, Chingy, and so on.

aight.. your a damn moron to base your judgments on the commercial rappers that use the 'dirty south' as a marketing ploy to southern fans. Cash money, no limit, and especially chingy dont do shit for the south.. they more midwest.

I aint feelin tha DIRTY DIRTY south...if u kno wat i mean....

but I am feelin alot of south, alwayz have....

UGK
Paul Wall & Chamillionaire
Scarface
Outkast
SPM
Z-Ro

Rod, you one of the only peeps that actually named some 'dirty south' rappers wit Z-Ro and PW&C.. Im surprised I havent heard any LIL FLIP, Mike Jones, Magno, or chamillionaire and them..
Z-Ro album is some tight ass shit and Lil Flip is still tight with his verses.. always got a tight beat to spit em on too..

Outkast is not really dirty south.. first of all.. HEY YA is not dirty south rap.. Outkast older shit is pretty tru tho.. its all good down here..
FUCK CHINGY.. worst songwriter ever lived..
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2003, 05:32:30 AM »
Juicy J is sorta wack, but he's funny. DJ Paul has one of the best flows I've heard from any Producer/Rapper(Dre ain't got shit on him). Lord Infamous is one of the dopest emcees I've ever heard. People just don't listen hard enough. Crunchy Black is just there for comedic purposes. When they had Boo, she was one of the hardest females on the mic, barely in her teens/early 20s, too.

i agree on Boo bein nice, she ripped sum tracks on World Domination...i don't really know why lord infamous is supposed to be that tight, but he's the best of them. Still verses like for example the one he had on "Fuck That Shit" (just listened to that song) don't amaze me...but when I put on three 6 I usually don't give a fuck about lyrics anyways

you pretty ignorant...u list a few mediocre rappers and don't acknowledge the south's variety; even if u hate that Cash Money type shit there's still artists like cee-lo or cunninlynguists who are completly different and u prolly dont even know em. So sayin fuck the south is hella ignorant....do the Hieroglyphics sound like Mack 10 ?? Fuck naw. Yet they both west coast ::)

SGV

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2003, 08:41:15 AM »

aight.. your a damn moron to base your judgments on the commercial rappers that use the 'dirty south' as a marketing ploy to southern fans. Cash money, no limit, and especially chingy dont do shit for the south.. they more midwest.

Cash Money and No Limit are from the deep South, they're NOT Midwest. They have classics and opened a lot of doors for the South. Being South wasn't their marketing ploy, especially with P since he started out West. Chingy is Midwest, not South. Just because he sounds country doesn't mean he's from the South.

Rod, you one of the only peeps that actually named some 'dirty south' rappers wit Z-Ro and PW&C.. Im surprised I havent heard any LIL FLIP, Mike Jones, Magno, or chamillionaire and them..
Z-Ro album is some tight ass shit and Lil Flip is still tight with his verses.. always got a tight beat to spit em on too..
Possibly you missed this.

Pastor Troy, Dirty, Playa Fly, Skinny Pimp, Haystak, Towdown, CCC, SUC, U.G.K. all that. Love the South.
Flip is from the SUC(Screwed Up Click), Chamillion, Paul Wall, Rasaq etc. all from CCC(Color Changin' Click). By the way, you get no more South than Playa Fly.

Outkast is not really dirty south.. first of all.. HEY YA is not dirty south rap.. Outkast older shit is pretty tru tho.. its all good down here..
FUCK CHINGY.. worst songwriter ever lived..
Dirty South is not a style. Let's get that clear. Just because The Game sounds East Coast, does that make his music not West Coast? Nope. It's an area. Outkast is Dirty South. They were on the album where that term was coined. And Chingy IS NOT that bad.

SGV

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2003, 08:43:15 AM »

i agree on Boo bein nice, she ripped sum tracks on World Domination...i don't really know why lord infamous is supposed to be that tight, but he's the best of them. Still verses like for example the one he had on "Fuck That Shit" (just listened to that song) don't amaze me...but when I put on three 6 I usually don't give a fuck about lyrics anyways

I can't see how anyone wouldn't realize Infamous' skills. His flow is one of the best ever in the game. But, listen to the shit he spit on Mystic Stylez or Chapter 2: World Domination. He was spitting it hot. Just listen.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2003, 08:51:05 AM »
i aint feelin any of that shit...lil jon is the worst man..I aint feelin his productions or rappin..dude just makes noises and shit.

SGV

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2003, 09:19:45 AM »
i aint feelin any of that shit...lil jon is the worst man..I aint feelin his productions or rappin..dude just makes noises and shit.
Question. What have you heard from the South? I have a feeling about something.