Poll

New York City or Los Angeles?

California
23 (79.3%)
New York
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: New York vs California  (Read 585 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

New York vs California
« on: December 28, 2003, 02:33:45 PM »
As ya'll know, I live in LA, and I think Cali is a much better place to live than New York (I take sunny beaches over cold ass gutters)...My girlfriend says she would like to move to New York when she gets older, but I say New York ain't shit compared to Cali...The only thing better about New York is that it's more live, but we got everything else...Beaches, clubs, bomb ass weather, etc...So which would ya'll rather live in?

E. J. Rizo

Re:New York vs California
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 03:36:58 PM »
Cali...i live about 10 minutes from Dowtown LA i love it

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 03:38:51 PM »
fuck man, ijust wrote up hella shit, but i forgot to log in beforehand, so my entire entry got erased..
but anyways

this was always a hard decision for me to make.
but im cali born and raised, and lived in all parts of cali, so i have to pledge allegiance to the left coast.

first thing i would like to say is that, NY and LA are pretty different in my opinion. NY resembles Frisco muhc more to me. Frisco is much more compact, contrary to the "spread outness" of La. You have to commute sofar just to get to your destination in LA. with the 405 traffic too, its known as the "worlds largest parking lot"

LA is off the hook, Sunset, Melrose, Third Street promenande,  Hollywood, Wilshire, Venice Beach, the list goes on. You cant fade the weather, bomb, bitches, location, and what not... La gives me a much more relaxing attitude, and always puts me in the "crusing in the car with a blunt" mood. just seeing all the different parts of LA is a very good expeirence.

in NY, its a completely different atmosphere, the epitome of city life, bustling around, shit poppin 24/7 all day and night, all the lights and shit in Times Square, hte subways, Pizza!, the musical history, fashion mecca..
correct me if im wrong, but i think NY also has a much higher population dnesity. so you will meet a lot more variety of people there from different backgrounds, which adds to the whole experience there. LA has shit poppin till pretty fucking late but its mostly like the clubs and what not, but i heard in NY that the entire city is pretty poppinl ike 24/7. always shit going on outside and what not.. heres a pretty coo site, that has about 10 webcams set aroudn NY, that updates every 45 seconds.. http://www.lemenille.com/nyc_scenic_cams.html

im making my first trip to NY at the end of march for my spring break, with a few homies, so im fucking anxious to go there. but i guess after then, i can make my official decision.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 03:44:02 PM by justin718 »

West C. Connected

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 03:58:12 PM »
I don't live in either of them.
I haven't been to either of them yet.

But I like the New York big city/more people etc. thing more than Cali. :)

(....What the fuck is this guy doing in the West Coast Connection forum.. :P)

We Fly High

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 03:59:33 PM »
d-metro you resemble one of my friends so much. like 95%, just from that single picture though. where you from anyways. you're prob the only other asian on this board than me.

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 04:07:01 PM »

But isnt there a lot more people in Cali than NYC?

West C. Connected

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2003, 04:24:30 PM »

But isnt there a lot more people in Cali than NYC?

lol Sorry I meant L.A.

d-metro you resemble one of my friends so much. like 95%, just from that single picture though. where you from anyways. you're prob the only other asian on this board than me.

Oh shiiit, you're Azn? I just gained a whole lot more respect for you. ;D JO ME AH?!
Anyway, I'm from Tha Netherlands AKA Holland, I live in Amsterdam.

....No, goddamnit, I do NOT smoke weed. :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 04:28:12 PM »
Cali is more populated, but New York is much smaller, so it has more people per square mile...PeACe

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 04:40:52 PM »
NY is phat for clubin, business, basicaly living the night life
LA is amaizng for Smokin weed, surfing, chillin, sun!, i vote for la just cause of the chillin and weed factor, but NY is pretty fat for partys,

pappy

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 05:00:18 PM »
cali aint got nothing on new york when it comes to food an im not talkin about fast food either im talkin real food.  new york all the way but ofcourse im bias cuz im from new york.  but new york aint what it used to be like 10 years ago thanks to the new wave of immigrants over the past 10-15 years

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2003, 05:56:33 PM »
cali aint got nothing on new york when it comes to food an im not talkin about fast food either im talkin real food.  new york all the way but ofcourse im bias cuz im from new york.  but new york aint what it used to be like 10 years ago thanks to the new wave of immigrants over the past 10-15 years

LoL@talking about immigrants in every post...

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2003, 07:04:41 PM »
not a very wise question for a Wescoast Hip-Hop forum. LOL. U KNOW cali is gonna win, but i'm gonna go with NYC cuz i've been there twice and i fuckin' love Manhattan. Peace
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2003, 07:13:15 PM »
I'd choose Cali cause of the weather
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!