Author Topic: CHECK OUT THIS THREAD..THE REAL ON THE WAR ON IRAQ  (Read 292 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
CHECK OUT THIS THREAD..THE REAL ON THE WAR ON IRAQ
« on: August 13, 2002, 07:37:02 AM »
His name is Eric Margolis, and he is the Foreign Affairs Editor for the Toronto Sun

ITS NOT IRAQ THE U.S. NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT

Name a "rogue" nation -part of President George Bush's "Axis of Evil"- run by a megalomanicac dictator who threatens his neighbours and the U.S. with nuclear, chemical and biological weapons.

If you said Iraq, wrong. The correct answer: North Korea.

So is Washington planning to invade North Korea and overthrow Kim Jong-il's Stalinists regime? Absolutely not. While the war infatruated Bush regime insists full scale invasion of Iraq is the only way to deal with Saddam Hussein , its policy towards more dangerous North Korea is radically different.

Last Wednesday, a glitzy ceremony was held in Kumho, North Korea, attended by 100 America, Korean and Japanese officials, complete with Fireworks, flowery speeches and a brass band to lay the foundation of two nuclear power plants.  They are being given to North Korea by a US led consortium as part of a $4.6 billion US package signed in 1994 to get the North to end its nuclear weapons program and not invade South Korea.  Rather than fight a major war, Bill Clinton decided to bribe North Korea to behave with cash, oil, food and nuclear power plants. The Bush regime has reaffirmed this policy.

The CIA estimates North Korea has at least 3 nuclear devices and intermediate range missles capable of delivering nuclear or biological warheads to all of Asia, Hawaii and Alaska. North Korea is expected to have missles capable of striking the American mainland witrhin three years.  Like Iraq, North Korea refuses UN weapons inspectors. But this is apparently acceptable to the US.

North Korea also continues to strengthen its 1.1 million man army.  Newly fielded batteries of long range  artillery, rockets and tactical missles- mainly improved scuds- can deliver a storm of nuclear, biological or conventional weapons into Seoul, all positions of the US 1st infantry division, and US airbases farther south.  North Korea hs repeatedly threatened to "burn" Seoul and "annihilate"  the 37,000 American troops in South Korea.  In addition its 100,000 man commando force, the largest in the world,is tasked with attacking US bases in South Korea, Japan even Guam.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

Re: CHECK OUT THIS THREAD..THE REAL ON THE WAR ON
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2002, 07:44:50 AM »
thanks for the article.  Interesting.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2002, 07:48:49 AM »
Iraq threatens no one, save its own people. Iraq has fewer than 100,000 effective troops and an ioperative air force. Only 40% of its antiquated tanks and guns are operational. Its armed forces cannot move, fightm see or communicate effectively. Iraq has probably 5 or so Scud missles hidden away.

As for Iraq's much ballyhooed "weapons of Mass destruction"- mustard and nerve gas- nearly all were destroyed during 7 years if UN weapons inspections.  What ever small amounts that were hidden away have become obsulete, according to Scot Ritter  (former UN inspector) who points out that the shelf life for chemical weapons is between 3-5 years.

By contrast North Korea ctively directly threatens US troops and one day soon the US mainland. SO why doesnt Bush go after North Korea? Two reasons.

First, unlike Iraq, North Korea can fight back.  Pentagon estimates it would cost 250,000 American casualties to go to war with North Korea. War againsts Iraq is a cakewalk in comparison. US military startegists onlyc all for war against nations that cannot defend themselves. And North Korea has no oil.

Second, there is no domestic lobby in the USA pressing for war against North Korea.  The American media has downplayed the threat of North Korea while exageraating the threat of Iraq. America's highly influencial Israeli lobby and its partisans in the PENTAGON, the vice presidents office and media are straining every sinew to press the US to attack Iraq. Last week VP Dick Cheney said that even a return of UN inspectors will not deter an invasion.  From Israels friends in the Pentagon came threats Saudi Arabia is next.

But if Washington is content to bribe truly menacing North Korea why not do the same to Saddam, who was after all a former US ally? If Iraq was Americas friend in the 1980's, why not again? Iraq was even flirting with Israel in the late 80's.
Bribery is cheaper than war. Bushes proposed crusade against Iraq will cost a minimum $120 Billion. It will sharply worsen trhe growing deficits  and trigger inflation. Why risk American troops  in a trumped up, unneccesary war the rest of the world will denounce as naked aggression when all Baghdad wants it to be pampered like North Korea?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2002, 08:39:42 AM »
America got their asses beatdown by N.Korea once before so their not going to do it again - but N.Korea only has a history of attacking S.Korea backed up by China, whereas Iran has a history of attacking its neighbours.

But the war on Iraq is a joke, no other country (even probably us) is going to support the US, the only reason Bush wants to invade is to make sure he doesn't lose Congress in the mid term elections.  Because during a war Americans 'have' to support the President and his political allies for some reason.

Instant_Killa

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2002, 08:49:00 AM »
interesting prince, keep informing us wid that shit

thanks

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2002, 01:42:34 PM »
Word, thanks for posting that, interesting shit, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

min0rity

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2002, 02:37:09 PM »
yo prince tech quadafi..just curious...did the article say north korea wants to attack ONLY the u.s??? or does it say south koreans too??? cuz i thought north and the south korea relations has been improving since late 1999 and then george 'hick' dush fucked it up in 2001...i really need to know...thanks

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2002, 04:05:54 PM »
The whole thign about trying to attack Iraq is rediculous. The gov't is looking for every little thing to give justification for attacking like naming a guy that has probably been dead for over 10 years a POW.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2002, 07:17:48 AM »
yo prince tech quadafi..just curious...did the article say north korea wants to attack ONLY the u.s??? or does it say south koreans too??? cuz i thought north and the south korea relations has been improving since late 1999 and then george 'hick' dush fucked it up in 2001...i really need to know...thanks

the article stated that N Korea has threatened S Korea and America before, for example threatening to attack the 30,000 US Troops stationed at the DMZ

And yes North/South relations have been improving, but i dont think there is any substance behind South Korea's Sunshine policy of appeasing Kim Jong Il, its simple appeasement, reminds me of Chamberlain's failure to appease Hitler,

- Lewis Carroll