Author Topic: The media is polluting your minds  (Read 196 times)

Trauma-san

The media is polluting your minds
« on: December 27, 2003, 03:15:39 PM »
Look at this shit.  I've been harping about it forever, but it's getting worse.  The media, particularly the news outlets, are polluting your mind, and they have absolutely nothing positive or hope-inspiring to offer you.  People should just stop even paying attention to the news.  Let me give you an example.

Right now, if you go to cnn.com, here are the headlines.  I'm not even ommitting any.

Search Teams & Aid reach Quake Zone (story about 20,000 people dying in Iraq)

U.S. Probes Mad Cow Canadian Link (story about a cow with a horrible disease)

Twelve die in Karbala Attacks

Bodies Found in California Mudslide

DNA From John Benet Ramsey's clothes sent to FBI (Story about a 5 year old being raped and murdered)

Head in Shed prompts lawsuit

Three Snowboarders feared dead after Avalananche

And, The icing on the cake, the Sports news headline is: Steinbrenner collapses at footballer's memorial

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, if you go to foxnews.com, there's goes like this.

Thirteen Dead in Iraq Terror Attacks

Relatives Dig Through Rubble in Iraq

U.S., Guerillas Clash in Afganistan

Nine Missing In California Mudslide

U.S. - Mad Cow Came From Canada

Mars Probe Still Silent (story about a failed mission to mars by a probe)

Steinbrenner Collapses in Florida

Utah Snowboarders feared dead

New Year's Eve Terror Watch ( LOL! Unbelievable)

N. Korea WMD talks to resume (story about N. Korea having big bombs that can kill cities at a time).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's everyone of both organization's headlines.  Is there any doubt in any of your minds now that Bad News is the Only News when it comes to these fuckers? Instead of running a story about New Years, they run a story about New Years terrorist threats.  WHAT IN THE FUCK.  They print minute details about a case involving a raped 5 year old who was murdered 4 or 5 years ago, I guess it was a slow day, and they had to dig up something bad from the past.  Out of all the games today, they only print that an owner fainted at a memorial service.  Instead of talking about a manhunt for some lost people in Utah, they talk about how they're probably dead.  ONE FUCKING COW comes down with a disease, and they act like it's the end of the world, and cover every little aspect of it, even though the reason the cow was identified was because the failsafes that protect us from this type of thing WORKED and identified the cow as infected.  Instead of talking about launching a sattelite, filled with invaluable equipment, that was successfully launched into orbit around Mars, they talk about the small part of the sattellite that failed to land on Mars.  

The news media fucking disgusts me.  Nothing they do inspires or helps the human race, all it does is depress and divide us.  

Citizen-Y

Re:The media is polluting your minds
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 04:49:21 PM »
People still watch the news?   ???

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 06:52:30 PM »
That's because of how society is. Society isn't all into happy things, the negativity gets the ratings.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 09:38:58 PM »
My society isn't, fuck that.  I'm into positive things.  That's why I don't watch the news, I don't relate to something that only reports negativity.  Sure, a disaster in Iran is newsworthy, that should definately be on the news.  The problem is that they don't report anything good, period.  If it isn't bad news, they don't report it.  They report when entertainers get accused of a crime, but don't report when they're found innocent, etc.  It's just the way it's all slanted, it's disgusting, and I'm through with it.  

pappy

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 09:49:42 PM »

And, The icing on the cake, the Sports news headline is: Steinbrenner collapses at footballer's memorial

damn shame 2 bad he wasnt dead

HIPPI

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 10:25:06 PM »
Yes, the media is polluting OUR minds. You know why? The media used to be controlled by dozens of companies, but that isn't the case any longer, thanks to FCC's chariman Michael Powell (SON of Colin Powell - I wonder if that means anything). Now ALL the media in the U.S. is controlled by 6 companies, AOL Time Warner, News Corp., Sony, Viacom, Vivendi Universal, and Disney.

Michael Powell said: "Monopoly is not illegal by itself in the United States," he points out. "People tend to forget this. There is something healthy about letting innovators try to capture markets. What's not healthy is if they can control them in a way that leads to anticompetitive effects for consumers."

So, the polluting of our minds is healthy.

Michael Powell is against any form of media regulation because he says the antitrust laws will look after public interest.

But the Bush administration recently changed the laws so that the DOJ was the only governing body of the antitrust laws, and it is known for its leniency in these cases.

Now if you guys look into Germany's history, this is exactly what went on during Nazi Germany. Fascists did these same exact things.

AMERICA FORCED GERMANY TO HAVE MORE NEWS COMPANIES THAN IT DID PRIOR TO THE WAR.

This is all part of the neo-cons' plan to scare us into thinking that we need more security, so that they can come up with bullshit like the Patriot Act, which takes away liberties for security.

And according to these jingos on this board, people against shit like this are unpatriotic. Remember the phrase "Give me liberty, or give me death"? That's patriotism because that's what the country stands for.

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2003, 01:17:48 AM »
yup trauma...you're definetely right. thats why i havent watched the news in years. the media is so full of shit is sickening. why can't we ever hear about the kid who saved his parents or the amazing recovery of a 5 year old on his death bed. but no...we have to hear about everyone who's died, everyone who's going to die, and everyone who died 10 years ago.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 02:53:09 AM »
Of course the media is. You're absolutely right here. But it's a fact that bad news is the only interesting news. People only want to hear good news if it's about something really bad getting somewhat better (for example: not 12 but 10 people have died in an accident.) I don't trust the media at all,for me it's more then telling that Santa wears red and white because Coca Cola designed him that way for commercial use.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 03:20:33 AM »
also one thing you have to remember is that news is often sold to and bought from people like Reuters

you should be able to find an alternative news channel that caters for you though? like over here.. i prefer channel 4's news over the rest.. the big ones being the still state affiliated (ish) BBC, ITV and SKY

mauzip

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 01:00:26 PM »
yup trauma...you're definetely right. thats why i havent watched the news in years. the media is so full of shit is sickening. why can't we ever hear about the kid who saved his parents or the amazing recovery of a 5 year old on his death bed. but no...we have to hear about everyone who's died, everyone who's going to die, and everyone who died 10 years ago.

yet you do have an opinion about everything :-X

Don Breezio

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2003, 07:44:52 PM »
yes i do. wtf does that have to do with what i just said?

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2003, 08:28:15 PM »
That's because of how society is. Society isn't all into happy things, the negativity gets the ratings.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 01:47:26 PM »
My society isn't, fuck that.  I'm into positive things.  

I don't know what you mean by "my society". You, as one person do not represent society as a whole. I also dislike hearing negativity, but the masses prefer negativity, whether they realize it or not. The majority makes societal preferences.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 02:49:44 PM »
You just can't get the news filled with happy news. Here in the Netherlands it has been tried to make a local 'good-newspaper' but that doesn't work out as easily as it sounds. I thought one of their headings when a mass-fireing had occured in a company was something like this:

" 50 people have held their jobs after mass-firering".....quite positive but it didn't feel very well for those who had lost their jobs.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..