Author Topic: Underrated/slept-on albums  (Read 155 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Underrated/slept-on albums
« on: December 29, 2003, 06:06:07 PM »
This just popped into my head listenin to Young Meek's "South Areas Most"; shit's off the hook, especially production-wise but nobody even knows about it...sum other albums I consider mad underrated would be

Cormega - The True Meaning: Some of the dopest street poetry since Illmatic. He's one of the tightest lyricists I know

David Banner - Mississippi: Muhfuckas keep on hatin on crunk rap and the whole south anyways so they won't ever check this out...actually Banner got some pretty interesting lyrics and the album's production is dope as hell. One of the best albums in '03

Non-Phixion - The Future Is Now: A unique squad of white Brooklyn MC's backed by a tight ass team of producers...still i aint heard too much about this album

Mac Mall - Illegal Business / Untouchable: He's one of my fav MC's from the bay but he barely gets any recognition

Cunninlynguists - Southernunderground: Gotta say it agian, muhfuckas keep hatin on the south and they don't know shit about CD's like this one

Little Brother - The Listening: HipHop at its finest...

Dwellas - Last Shall Be First: Tight ass album, nobody ever talks about this

Organized Konfusion - Stress: Crazy ass wordplay, Pharoahe Monch is one of the dopest MC's to ever touch a mic

Both Artifacts albums plus their solo shit: Neither Tame nor El ever put out anything that wasn't at least very solid

Zion I - Mind Over Matter: Lyrically this is quite interesting too

The 8Ball & Mjg albums: Some more south shit that's gettin slept on

Awol One & Daddy Kev - Slanguage: This is definitely to weird to become popular but actually it's a damn tight album and it's totally unknown

Infamous Mobb - Special Edition: Unsurprisingly pretty similar to Mobb Deep but unlike Prodigy & Havoc these cats don't get a lot of recognition

I got too many to list em all now...but actually theres a helluva lot...post sum

D.R.E.-Dogg

Re:Underrated/slept-on albums
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 06:55:15 PM »
u got one right there in ur sig

I hardly ever see anyone mention it or Mr. Doc, it's one of the tightest west coast album ever

SGV

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 07:25:08 PM »
That was his only good album. He's horrible now. Odysea ain't hot. Dissing Lynch, Raided and Bo wasn't smart either.

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 01:14:27 AM »
Little Brother - The Listening (people sleepin on 9th wonder)
TQ - They Never Saw Me Coming
Buck 65 (any)
Atmosphere - (any)
Non Phixion - The Future Is Now
Jay-Z - In My Lifetime, Vol. 1
Nas - It Was Written

*ok nas isnt exactly slept on but highly underrated. imo its his best album hands down. illmatic didnt touch it and wasnt even close.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 03:10:13 AM »
That was his only good album. He's horrible now. Odysea ain't hot. Dissing Lynch, Raided and Bo wasn't smart either.

i agree. but "Setrippin Bloccstyle" is one of the best northern cali albums i know